Siegfried

Fabuland, should it come back?

Fabuland  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Fabuland should return?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No

Fabuland IMHO filled a gap between Duplo and Legoland, a gap which Lego tried to fill a few years ago with the Creator figures, but today it is a void. Today Lego seem to be instead trying to make Duplo appeal to older children as well. Probably because of Hinckleys influence, many on these forums want some of the accessories which came with those sets, but only a few are in production today, so many have become rare and expensive. I think Fabuland sets were great because while the parts were often big, they used normal stud sizes and thus were useful parts later. Also, they appealed to girls as well, a target market that Lego seem to struggle with. While I doubt it will ever happen, I would love Fabuland to return... would you?

Feel free to say what you think should come out instead of Fabuland if you have any ideas.

EDIT: For a reminder what were the Fabuland parts, look here. Thanks JINZONINGEN 73! *wub*

Probably because of Hinckleys influence, many on these forums want some of the accessories which came with those sets, but only a few are in production today, so many have become rare and expensive.

Double *y* , and you're right, it's all Hinkley's fault! ;-)

I really do think that in these times when LEGO is trying to claim to avoid violence, they'd make a line like this. It's fine having Duplo Castles and such, but how about the more peaceful side of life that involves coming up with creative things to do in a friendly enviroment instead of just another way to kill each other?

::googles up "fabuland"::

http://members.tripod.com/~Sybrand_Bonsma/...y/partspic.html

Ah... yeah, while some are WAY too specific junker parts, there's still tons o' good ones for clever usage.

Sign me up, Officer Dog.

Whoa...that site lists the walkie-talkie as a fabuland part X-O Did it really originate there?

And while it would give hinckley more ammo ( :-| ) I voted yes for the first one...but I'm unsure about the second one. I put yes because I'd buy it if it had the parts I was looking for

Whoa...that site lists the walkie-talkie as a fabuland part oh3.gif Did it really originate there?

Beats me lol... I know they were around in at LEAST 1983 space sets.

Fabuland IMHO filled a gap between Duplo and Legoland, a gap which Lego tried to fill a few years ago with the Creator figures, but today it is a void. Today Lego seem to be instead trying to make Duplo appeal to older children as well. Probably because of Hinckleys influence, many on these forums want some of the accessories which came with those sets, but only a few are in production today, so many have become rare and expensive. I think Fabuland sets were great because while the parts were often big, they used normal stud sizes and thus were useful parts later. Also, they appealed to girls as well, a target market that Lego seem to struggle with. While I doubt it will ever happen, I would love Fabuland to return... would you?

Feel free to say what you think should come out instead of Fabuland if you have any ideas.

EDIT: For a reminder what were the Fabuland parts, look here. Thanks JINZONINGEN 73! *wub*

*wub* *wub* *wub* Sinner, I love you! This is the best thread/poll/topic ever!! Let's bring it to the embassy. However, you forgot a question in the poll? Should LEGO hire hinckley to design all of the new sets? Check out my Fabuland MOCs here. I'm so humble!

Try and guess what I voted people. Go ahead. Just guess.

*wub* *wub* *wub* Sinner, I love you! This is the best thread/poll/topic ever!! Let's bring it to the embassy.

I did consider that but I didn't because;

1. I can't see it happening. :'-(

2. The last time I posted something in the embassy it was moved.

However, you forgot a question in the poll? Should LEGO hire hinckley to design all of the new sets? Check out my Fabuland MOCs here. I'm so humble!

You do Fabuland MOCs? I didn't know that. ;-)

(I love them all actually. If I had more room I would try to set up a Fabuland section of Sinnerton.)

Double yes.

Actually, I think Fabuland is not only good for younger builder but it is also ideal for female builders who are more interested in non-conflict themed sets.

I would like to see them rework Fabuland and make it better also but it is a series that has so much potential and I think it could make a fair amount of profit for LEGO. Especially now with so much of the actual production being handled in a cheaper fashion, I can see something like this being an option.

I just hope that if they do release it again they do some decent advertising. Most people in the US do not even realize LEGO made series like Paradisa or Belville.

Yes yes for me too! I found only a bit stuff of it when I cleaned the attic of my parents. Would like to have more of it!

Actually, I think Fabuland is not only good for younger builder but it is also ideal for female builders who are more interested in non-conflict themed sets.

More interested in non-conflict themes? That would not be my reason to buy it...

-Aredhel

Most people in the US do not even realize LEGO made series like Paradisa or Belville.

I am not sure about Paradisa, but Belville is barely even sold in Australia. I am in the middle of a doing a photo review of a Paradisa set that I happend to aquire recently...

I am not sure about Paradisa, but Belville is barely even sold in Australia. I am in the middle of a doing a photo review of a Paradisa set that I happend to aquire recently...

Outside of a LEGO brand store, I've never seen a Belville set. Paradisa made brief appearances here and there, but stores never devoted any real effort or space to them. I'm not sure if the series failed or if it just never had a chance to be seen widely enough. Back when I saw them, I scoffed at the idea and passed them by. I wouldn't make that mistake now.

Belville, being a completely non-system scale series, never held any interest for me. It might as well be Jack Stone for girls. Looking at it now, Paradisa wouldn't be bad as a city supplement and for some accessories. I'd like to see it return to some extent. It definitely had the whole non-conflict thing going for it and you could count on some female minifigs.

YES to both questions all the way baby !!

I loved Fabuland as a kid, and I kind of like it even more now !! Its a theme that can be enjoyed by a very large audience: kids, parents (cute, non violent, very colourfull) and even us AFOLs !!

I don't think TLC intended for crazy AFOLs to do wedgies, whacking scenes with it though !! Bring that bucket back Fuzzy Walrus :-D

I also think that TLC needs to have more girlie sets (bring Paradisia back at the same time !!). I think thats the reason behind the future Duplo supermarket ;-)

If TLC decided to revicve that theme I would be so broke and spaceless X-D (the neverending rant of AFOLs though :-P )

Fab On !!

*yoda*

I also think that TLC needs to have more girlie sets (bring Paradisia back at the same time !!). I think thats the reason behind the future Duplo supermarket ;-)

I hope you are right. To my embarrasment I am looking forward to seeing that set.

If TLC decided to revicve that theme I would be so broke and spaceless X-D (the neverending rant of AFOLs though :-P )

Fab On !!

*yoda*

I said to my wife a year ago "Well, don't worry. I can't buy more Lego anyway; I haven't got the room." I was wrong... :-$

Whoa...that site lists the walkie-talkie as a fabuland part X-O Did it really originate there?

The site lists all parts that were used in Fabuland sets. It doesn't mean fabuland was the first to use it.

I'm a big fan of the fabuland roof pieces. They've come in very handy in a couple of my Pirate MOCs.

Fabuland should defiantly come back! I know they're for smaller children, but its a great theme, PLUS, really great figures.

Fabuland should defiantly come back! I know they're for smaller children, but its a great theme, PLUS, really great figures.

*goes and hunts for my Percy Pig and Ricky Racoon figs*

Fabuland figs are sooooooo cool

Double *y* voted from me

well i'm a fan too *sweet* ok... it only comes second to that one and only legendary Lego theme the danish company ever produced, you know what i'm talking about :-| , but i've always loved it. It was so creative, so much playability, so many parts people are still looking for today. The instruction books were also very nice *sweet* ... And the titles of some of the sets were unique...

oh well... we can't have it all... :-$ we already have brand new police sets next year... can we really wish for anything more?... really?

Well, double-yes on! *y*

Fabuland was a greal line, and I always thought a successful one too....

All those sweet houses and neat and beautiful figures!

Hmm.... is there anything out right now to fulfill the purpose of it anyway?

The whole Duplo line is way too <insert that tiresome argument> to be compared with Fabuland,

and Belville, with it

I never understand why they stopped with Fabuland.

It was a nice theme with some interresting parts, some still used today, like the ornamental thing now used in Market Street and the fabuland brooms for Harry Potter.

And look at the design of the great door and Wall pieces, the organical designs. *wub* It looks like it's Jugendstill/Art Deco. It gives you the idea Alfonse Mucha worked for TLC.

Yes and double yes.

I just don't understand why Lego stop great sets and themes.

A relaunch would be just crazily cool; and to relaunch some more discontinued sets would be fantastic too.

Fabuland on! *wub*

- Poomie

NOW I KNOW WHAT THAT RANDOM PART IN MY LEGO BIN IS!!!!! 8-

Well, i guess i'll be the odd ball. I voted yes,and no.

I never cared for this series. Just never appealed to me as a hole. But it does have some great parts, so forthe firsti voted yes. Bringthem back.

But for wouldi buy a set?..Well, anythings possible, but morethan likey not. I'd just end up buying the parts needed on brick link.

So yes for the first, then no for the second.

I didn't know so much about Fabuland, but that changed thanks to Hinckley, Sinner, ... .

Reading Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives actually made me appreciate the Fabuland world a lot.

It's such a peaceful and colorful theme. So that's 2 times YES for me !!

Edited by Bonaparte