Sign in to follow this  
Flipz

Automatic ignore options?

Hello once again,

I was browsing a topic when I came across (you guessed it) a spam post. The member had already been put to "taking a break" by the time I finished reporting them, but it made me think: wouldn't it be nice if the good, non-spam non-troll members of this site didn't have to read it at all? The "Ignore User" reature is great for this, but you have to add each member manually. What if there was an option in the UCP to automatically ignore all users in the "Taking A Break" and "Banned Outlaws" usergroups? I'd find that highly useful, would this be possible? And would anyone else find it useful?

Hello once again,

I was browsing a topic when I came across (you guessed it) a spam post. The member had already been put to "taking a break" by the time I finished reporting them, but it made me think: wouldn't it be nice if the good, non-spam non-troll members of this site didn't have to read it at all? The "Ignore User" reature is great for this, but you have to add each member manually. What if there was an option in the UCP to automatically ignore all users in the "Taking A Break" and "Banned Outlaws" usergroups? I'd find that highly useful, would this be possible? And would anyone else find it useful?

That's not for me, but I must say it's a brilliant idea.

Someone pull out the Siegfried signal.

Someone pull out the Siegfried signal.

7033275571_0ab54ce960.jpg

That the, uh... general idea?... :look:

Hmmm interesting idea....

At first glance this looks like a great idea.

But keep in mind there are differences between SPAMMERS, on a break, and banned.

For Spammers I agree something like this could be useful - but keep in mind as the Mods spot and ban spammers, they of course delete their posts.

So ignore for Spammers may not be necessary.

Members are on break - are simply that - they are on break - they'll be back - so I don't think it'd be necessarily appropriate to effectively censor all their post.

Then there are the Banned Outlaws - which can be spammers, or people that have crossed the line too many times...

For the former - that'd be already taken care of... For the latter... I'm not sure if we want to effectively purge their entire existence on EB. It's slightly more work on staff, but I'd rather moderate and remove the offending posts by the Banned Outlaw than be heavy handed and just wipe someone out...

Hmmm interesting idea....

At first glance this looks like a great idea.

But keep in mind there are differences between SPAMMERS, on a break, and banned.

For Spammers I agree something like this could be useful - but keep in mind as the Mods spot and ban spammers, they of course delete their posts.

So ignore for Spammers may not be necessary.

Members are on break - are simply that - they are on break - they'll be back - so I don't think it'd be necessarily appropriate to effectively censor all their post.

Then there are the Banned Outlaws - which can be spammers, or people that have crossed the line too many times...

For the former - that'd be already taken care of... For the latter... I'm not sure if we want to effectively purge their entire existence on EB. It's slightly more work on staff, but I'd rather moderate and remove the offending posts by the Banned Outlaw than be heavy handed and just wipe someone out...

I don't like this idea.

I was "Taking a Break" for 24 hours; I don't think that all of my posts should have been blocked during that time.

Fallenangel is Banned, but he has posted many helpful things (where to find Star Wars screenshots), thus I don't think that his posts ahould be blocked.

Right, it makes threads hard to read. The spammy or offensive posts typically get deleted by the staff anyway. So, I don't really see the issue.

Remember it would be the users choice to block the banned users/taking a break users.

LEGOman273, users could block you today if they wanted, so this new option would be no different, it's the choice of the individual user, not a default.

Who knows, some people may click ignore everytime they see someone taking a break or banned, it's their choice. This is just offering a way to make that choice in bulk.

Again, this is not for me but I can see why someone would want it.