MassEditor

Taking Over [WZ2:G12, Desert King]

It had not taken Meh'nak long to clear his first objective. The few lightly armed soldiers guarding the aqueduct were quickly defeated. Two fled the moment they saw Meh'nak and his Kaliphlin mercenaries approach, no doubt to tell their commander that an entire army had attacked the aqueduct.

Meh'nak and his few men had no time to enjoy their quick victory however; the group had to press the advantage while it could. The Desert King had sent a larger force behind Meh'nak to occupy the aqueduct in case the High Council forces mustered a counterattack. Meh'nak initially had doubts to the wisdom of using mercenary forces, but they had fought well. Besides, he had been sent out ahead of the main army and needed whatever swordarms he could find.

Meh'nek turned to the mercenary leader, a southern Kaliphlin named Abd-al-Malik.

16768778276_6940456607_z.jpg

"Your men proved themselves well today, Malik. You should know the Desert King rewards richly those who serve his will."

Meh'nak produced a small bag weighted heavily with gold and handed it to Malik. Malik threw the bag to one of his men.

"This may sound strange coming from an old mercenary like me, but this war is about more than gold. Kaliphlin needs a strong leader, one who will return Kaliphlin to its former glory. Our traditions are gone and replaced with the decadence and apostasy of those who rule us from inside their cities. The Desert King is the only rightful heir to Kaliphlin!"

Meh'nak nodded.

"Yes, and all the false rulers of Kaliphlin will not be able to stop his ascension - it is foretold by prophecy! Malik, no doubt you will have a favored spot in his court if you continue to serve him. The aqueduct is just the first step. We cannot let the people of Kaliphlin go thirsty in these difficult times. They must be shown that the Desert King is fighting for them, while those in Ulandus and the High Council lust for power solely to enrich themselves."

One of Malik's men walked by, prodding along a soldier captured at the aqueduct. Meh'nak glared at the prisoner.

"He will be taken back to the Desert King. His allegiance will change, or his mind and body will break. That is the power of the Desert King!"

16768778666_22f6b3f6dd_z.jpg

------------------------------------------------

A full shot of the MOC:

16607294910_b679979bfd_c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, thanks for looking! This is my first entry for the Kaliphlin Civil War challenge. This is a very straightforward aqueduct design, built right into a mountainside to divert a tributary to the Qar Ahken River. Thanks for looking, feedback always welcome!

Edited by MassEditor

Wow! Great job! Amazing color combo in this MOC. The figs are great too!

I will change the title for you, Gedren is right, this is warzone 2.

Thanks guys!

Wow! Great job! Amazing color combo in this MOC. The figs are great too!

I will change the title for you, Gedren is right, this is warzone 2.

Thanks for catching that guys, and Ska for fixing it!

This is looking really good, ME. The colours are great, and I like how the aquaduct springs from the mountain side.

There is only one thing I dislike... You are fighting for the wrong side! :tongue:

Another fantastic aquaduct MOC from the DK! The rockwork is superb as is the use of dk flesh for the aquaduct itself! :thumbup:

That warzone makes some really charming builds possible. Love your use of medium dark flesh and the irregular base. And excellent rockwork !

Great job!

I like the story and the build. The aqueduct, the rockwork and the palm trees look perfect :classic:

Excellent build, strikingly similar to a Roman aqueduct but with a clear Eastern influence in those arches :thumbup:

Great build! I love the variety of color and how the elements (tower, aquaduct, rocks, tree, water) seem to twist around each other. It feels very organic.

Whew! I was really worried when I saw the WZ3 on there! Glad it's not! :sweet:

Great build and good writing to match it!

Brilliant work MassEditor! Love the aqueduct design.

The story is fantastic and your photography is top-notch, everything is crystal clear. :thumbup:

Shame to see all these great Desert King MOCs...!

Wow!!! Really WOW!!! I even think WoW isn't good enough to describe this MOC!!! Amazing job, approved for sure!

Beautiful presentation! What's the secret for how to take good photos of trans colours?

Thanks again everyone, glad you enjoyed this build!

This is looking really good, ME. The colours are great, and I like how the aquaduct springs from the mountain side.

There is only one thing I dislike... You are fighting for the wrong side! :tongue:

No need to fret good sir, we will all be on the same side soon - when the Desert King is once again ruler of all Kaliphlin!

Excellent job. Glad to see you finally joined the fight for the DK!

Yes, it took some time to get my mind around this chapter, but now I'm ready to help raise the glory of the Desert King! Major kudos to Ska for getting such an interactive and awesome set of challenges together!

Beautiful presentation! What's the secret for how to take good photos of trans colours?

Thanks robuko! Can't say there's any secret as I didn't really shoot any different than normal. I would suggest, as in this build, making the layer of trans clear round plates really thick so that they maintain their color instead of being washed out by the white background underneath them.