Flipz

Heroica RPG - Quest #141: A Bone to Pick

20940833536_834a23e77f_c.jpg

As bidden by the mysterious, magical note, six Heroes head out into the Eubric Plains at their employer's behest. Those Heroes are:

The Party:

m0BoJW5.png

Terry Yelnats (played by Endgame)
*Party Leader!*

Level 6 Mage

Health:
10/10 (5+5)

Defense:

Ether:
10/10 (5+5)

Power:
9 (5 +4)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grumpy's Staff
(WP: 10),
Leather Cap
(SP: 1)

Inventory:
Ether Lash Wand: (WP 3 Wand, at the cost of 1 ether per WP the Wand becomes dual strike for one attack.), Cattle Prod Staff (WP: 3), 3x Potion, Remedy, Sapphire (Wind), Opal (Ice), 2x Bat Guano (can be thrown at an enemy to cause the Blind Effect), Bedroll

19557531433_d6c5c4d5c6_t.jpg

Jinnipher Buchaire
(JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

Level 6

Power Bonus:

Health:
15/15

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment: Brine Blade
(WP:5, deals Poison 5; greatsword),
Full Moon Shield
(SP:5),
Moone Mail
(SP:3; bodywear)

Inventory:
The Beheader (WP:15, defies SP; greatsword), Vorpalis Conquerors (Power +0; goes up by 2 for every enemy defeated, drops back down to 0 if the wearer is knocked out or if the battle ends; footwear), 3x Potion, Grand Potion, Greater Tonic, 3x Remedy, Bedroll, Shovel, Letter of Recommendation

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg

Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down)

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to
Stunned
and
Poisoned

Level 8

Power:
(8 + 3)

Defense:
(2)

Health:
16/16
(16)

Ether:
12/12
(10)

Gold:

Equipment:
Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory:
Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), Scroll of Sleep (Enables casting the asleep-effect to the target, forcing them to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1x Sleep Bomb, 3x Blind Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Bone, Grating Stone

19745451253_0970632efb_m.jpg

Ezeran Yavarr
(MysticModulus)

42 year old human mage

Level 1

Power:

Defense:

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3)

Inventory:
3x Potion, Emerald (Wood)

photo-thumb-43982.jpg?_r=1438604472

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

20 year old male Human Barbarian

Level 1

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment:
Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Potion, Mead,

20217260639_41a3b453ac_t.jpg

Kheyli
(K-Nut)

327 years old female fairy

Level 1 Barbarian

Power:
4 (1+3)

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment
: Barrager (WP:3 Greatsword)

Inventory:
3x Potion, Mead

The rays of the morning sun filter through the vegetation of the bordering Eubric Forest, casting dappled shadows across their employer and the man accompanying her. The woman, unmistakable thanks to the hair of the same hue as the ink upon her notice, sits atop an unnatural bush likely of her own conjuring, its chalky-looking fruits the color and consistency of bleached bone. The man next to her waves to the Heroes.

20777438640_e915729ed2_c.jpg

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Howdy, there, Heroes!"

The purple-garbed woman merely crosses her arms and taps the tips of her two staves together impatiently as she waits for the Heroes in the back to catch up.

20344496994_27aeee9446_t.jpg

"You're all here? Well, whatever. I need some Ancient Bones for a project I've cooked up, and you lot are gonna--"

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Whoa, there, kiddo, shoudn't you let 'em introduce themselves first?"

The woman rolls her eyes.

"Whatever."

The man chuckles.

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"The name's Mac. I'm normally a driver for the Shadeaux--actually worked with a few other Heroes a while back--but today I'm out here on personal business." Mac jerks his head toward the purple-haired woman. "This charming little lady is your employer Kiri Murasaki."

Kiri eyes the Heroes.

"Pleasure," she says acidly. "Can they get to work now?"

Mac smiles generously at the young woman.

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"All in good time, kiddo." Mac looks back to the Heroes. "So, 'fore we get started, mind introducing yourselves? You and I will be traveling together on this job, after all."

What will the party say?

QM Note: Welcome to the Quest, everyone--and for a few of you, welcome to your first Quest as well! If you need anything explained, don't hesitate to ask. :wink: Please check to make sure your stats are correct, and if you make any Marketplace purchases, be sure to do so before you post here (and let me know that you have so I can update your stats!). You have 24 hours to confirm your participation in the Quest. :classic:

Boris stuck mostly to the shade provided by the undergrowth as he followed the group to their employer's destination. The cleric gives a slight bow. "Boris Bruhalv, ex-cleric of Ennoc. I take it, we've got a fairly straight-forward job ahead of us?"

Ezeran stops to enjoy a few golden rays of light. He tips his hat at Mac. "Ezeran Yavarr at your service. I'm a mage and new to all this hero-business. And this..." Ezeran points at the demonic symbiont in his belly. "...Is my symbiont. This assignment seems simple enough." The demonic symbiont snarls in disagreement.

"Uh, hello, Mac and... Kiri. Uh, nice hair." "Never seen purple hair before."

"So, you guys put me in charge, right? May I ask why? Otherwise, I'm ready to go as soon as everyone else is."

Boris stuck mostly to the shade provided by the undergrowth as he followed the group to their employer's destination. The cleric gives a slight bow. "Boris Bruhalv, ex-cleric of Ennoc. I take it, we've got a fairly straight-forward job ahead of us?"

"Sounds like a basic delivry to me."

Ezeran stops to enjoy a few golden rays of light. He tips his hat at Mac. "Ezeran Yavarr at your service. I'm a mage and new to all this hero-business. And this..." Ezeran points at the demonic symbiont in his belly. "...Is my symbiont. This assignment seems simple enough." The demonic symbiont snarls in disagreement.

Terry startle sightly seeing the symbiont in his party member's stomach.

"Uhh... w-what is that on your stomach? An extra mouth?"

Torald steps forward: Howdy, I'm Torald Waruelf, at your service!"

OoC: You forgot to add the Tiger Balm I won in the lottery. Not a big deal though

Kheyli makes her way to the rest of her party with a huge grin on her face. "I'm here!" she beams.

Stats look good! Thanks for having me. :classic:

Jinnipher strides silently up behind the other heroes, fashionably late as usual. She addresses her employer and the woman in purple.

"Bones, huh? Well it's not the same as saving a kingdom from a dragon, but gold is gold." She gazed unblinkingly at Kiri. "What kind of experiment?"

She looked around at her questmates, nodding to Boris, Terry and Kheyli. To her employers and the ones she didn't know, "The name's Jinnipher, don't wear it out."

She raised an eyebrow at the 'symbiont', but kept her opinion to herself otherwise.

"So, you guys put me in charge, right? May I ask why? Otherwise, I'm ready to go as soon as everyone else is."

"It must have been a mistake. If Mac here had actually looked carefully at his employees, he would have seen that I am the most experienced here." She crossed her arms, but a sly grin formed on her face. Her tone became faux-disappointed. "Oh well, looks like we'll just have to rely on you to take point, Terry. I sure hope you're up to it." Watching the farmhand under pressure would be amusing.

"I'm sure you are more experienced, Jinnipher."

Terry squirms as he realizes Jinnipher was watching him squirm, making him squirm even more.

"But you're, uh, well, not mean. Just kindaso confident you come off as well... mean..."

The farmboy decides to shut his mouth.

"Sounds like a basic delivry to me."

Ezeran is suddenly wearing a wry smile. "It's a maddening mothers gift to her only child; a demons principle of bargain; a curse and a blessing; a thing of other realms... But most importantly it's a part of me."

"I'm sure you are more experienced, Jinnipher."

Terry squirms as he realizes Jinnipher was watching him squirm, making him squirm even more.

"But you're, uh, well, not mean. Just kindaso confident you come off as well... mean..."

The farmboy decides to shut his mouth.

"Grow a spine, kid. If you've got something to say, say it now before we leave. It's not too late to turn back if you want to let the mean and experienced heroes handle this."

Terry just stares at Jinnipher for a second, and looks away.

"I don't get you. But it don't matter."

Edited by Endgame

Kheyli stands at the back of the group, chuckling at the conversation. "This should be fun," she grins.

Boris crosses his arms with a smile, "The quest or their bickering?"

"Nah, I'm done with bickering..."

She laughs. "Who says they both can't be? I don't think we've met; I'm Kheyli. And you?"

Kiri raises an eyebrow as she notices Boris' state for the first time.

"Hub-ba..." she murmurs softly, her eyes running unabashedly up and down the cleric's undead form. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Mac doesn't seem to notice.

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"It should be simple, yes. To tell ya the truth, though, my buddy Sakurai's the one who insisted on Heroes for this. Not that I'm complaining, mind, I just hope ya don't mind a bit o' boredom along the way."

Torald steps forward: Howdy, I'm Torald Waruelf, at your service!"

OoC: You forgot to add the Tiger Balm I won in the lottery. Not a big deal though

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Nice to meet ya, Torald." Kiri just waves half-heartedly, her eyes still glued to Boris. "Don't mind her. She's always prefered the magical sort to us regular folks."

QM Note: Ahh, that's where it came from! I'll add it back in in the next stats update. :thumbup:

Ezeran is suddenly wearing a wry smile. "It's a maddening mothers gift to her only child; a demons principle of bargain; a curse and a blessing; a thing of other realms... But most importantly it's a part of me."

"Your mom sounds supes chill. We should hang out."

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Mercutio's beard, you've actually got her interested in something. I suggest ya start running now," Mac says with a joking wink.

Kheyli stands at the back of the group, chuckling at the conversation. "This should be fun," she grins.

Boris crosses his arms with a smile, "The quest or their bickering?"

She laughs. "Who says they both can't be? I don't think we've met; I'm Kheyli. And you?"

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Somethin' to pass the time with, I suppose," Mac chips in with a chuckle.

Kiri watches with bated amusement as Jinnipher picks on Terry. As the henpecked Mage gives up the fight, Kiri jumps down from her bush (which withers at the lack of contact) and puts an arm around his shoulders, walking him slowly around the group.

"Listen. Terry? Terry. When you're a mage, you don't last more than a few days unless you're a little bit crazy." She looks around mock conspiratorially, then "whispers" into Terry's ear at normal volume. "I like crazy."

With that, Kiri jumps back up to her bushy throne, which blooms again at her touch.

"If someone's gotta lead you lot, might as well be someone crazy as me."

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"She's only half-joking about the crazy part," Mac warns, earning a glare from Kiri, who clams up again.

Seeing that everyone had arrived, Mac nods.

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Miss Jinnipher, I believe you mentioned a moment ago that you wanted to know about Kiri's experiment?"

"Hmpf. I, like, need a bigger mousetrap for a bigger mouse. Whatever. Stupid ghosty knight-thing...just want the damned scythe..."

As Kiri lapses into unintelligible mutterings, Mac picks up the slack.

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"I don't really get what she's planning, but she's a good kid--" another death glare from Kiri "--so I don't reckon it'll be anything too bad. More importantly, she's helped me out in the past, and I always pay my debts."

Kiri nods in confirmation.

"I originally asked Mac about getting me the bones. He told me his friend Sakurai had a really great deal for 'em, way WAY less than market price. Like, literally the only thing I had to do was hire you lot to go get 'em, and that's, like, still the cheapest thing ever even at your prices."

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Sakurai's asked us to meet him out in the forest just west of the Donauld farm to pick up the bones. Which isn't too odd, comin' from him, really. Still, I'm coming along with you, just to make sure his schemes don't get too out of hand."

Mac has joined the party!

The Party:

m0BoJW5.png

Terry Yelnats (played by Endgame)
*Party Leader!*

Level 6 Mage

Health:
10/10 (5+5)

Defense:

Ether:
10/10 (5+5)

Power:
9 (5 +4)

Gold:

Equipment:
Grumpy's Staff
(WP: 10),
Leather Cap
(SP: 1)

Inventory:
Ether Lash Wand: (WP 3 Wand, at the cost of 1 ether per WP the Wand becomes dual strike for one attack.), Cattle Prod Staff (WP: 3), 3x Potion, Remedy, Sapphire (Wind), Opal (Ice), 2x Bat Guano (can be thrown at an enemy to cause the Blind Effect), Bedroll

19557531433_d6c5c4d5c6_t.jpg

Jinnipher Buchaire
(JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

Level 6

Power Bonus:

Health:
15/15

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment: Brine Blade
(WP:5, deals Poison 5; greatsword),
Full Moon Shield
(SP:5),
Moone Mail
(SP:3; bodywear)

Inventory:
The Beheader (WP:15, defies SP; greatsword), Vorpalis Conquerors (Power +0; goes up by 2 for every enemy defeated, drops back down to 0 if the wearer is knocked out or if the battle ends; footwear), 3x Potion, Grand Potion, Greater Tonic, 3x Remedy, Bedroll, Shovel, Letter of Recommendation

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg

Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down)

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to
Stunned
and
Poisoned

Level 8

Power:
(8 + 3)

Defense:
(2)

Health:
16/16
(16)

Ether:
12/12
(10)

Gold:

Equipment:
Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory:
Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), Scroll of Sleep (Enables casting the asleep-effect to the target, forcing them to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1x Sleep Bomb, 3x Blind Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Bone, Grating Stone

19745451253_0970632efb_m.jpg

Ezeran Yavarr
(MysticModulus)

42 year old human mage

Level 1

Power:

Defense:

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3)

Inventory:
3x Potion, Emerald (Wood)

photo-thumb-43982.jpg?_r=1438604472

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

20 year old male Human Barbarian

Level 1

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment:
Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Potion, Mead, Tiger Balm

20217260639_41a3b453ac_t.jpg

Kheyli
(K-Nut)

327 years old female fairy

Level 1 Barbarian

Power:
4 (1+3)

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment
: Barrager (WP:3 Greatsword)

Inventory:
3x Potion, Mead

Quest2NPC2.jpg

Mac
(takes suggestions)

Has a 1/6 chance to grant Inspired

Has a 1/3 chance to grant Encouraged

Inventory:
3x Tonic, 3x Potion

Note: Mac does not deal or take damage from enemies and cannot prevent Free Hits.

Is the party ready to proceed?

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"It should be simple, yes. To tell ya the truth, though, my buddy Sakurai's the one who insisted on Heroes for this. Not that I'm complaining, mind, I just hope ya don't mind a bit o' boredom along the way."

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Somethin' to pass the time with, I suppose," Mac chips in with a chuckle.

"It should be interesting, at least I hope..." she drifts off before snapping back into the conversation. "I'm ready!" she says, brightly.

"But I'm... Not crazy. If I'm gonna go crazy, it's 'cause of this job, hmph.

Meetin' up in the forest isn't too weird for Mister SakuraI? What does he normally do - he must have some residence, right? Could you tell us more about the man we're meeting with, Mac?"

Edited by Endgame

"Nah, I'm done with bickering..."

"Don't you worry Terry, I wasn't referring to you." Boris smiles

"Boris, I believe I saw you back at the hall, but didn't have a chance to meet you. New to Eubric or just Heroica?"

Kiri raises an eyebrow as she notices Boris' state for the first time.

"Hub-ba..." she murmurs softly, her eyes running unabashedly up and down the cleric's undead form. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Mac doesn't seem to notice.

Boris smiles at the attention, "It'll be a pleasure retrieving the bones for you, my lady. We'll be back in a jiffy and you can tell us where to put them."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"That's a relief..." Terry's tense shoulders sag.

"I'm not much of a bickerer, so i try not to. This party is gonna be more of a, what's it called... democracy, if that's okay with everyone?"

"Boris, I believe I saw you back at the hall, but didn't have a chance to meet you. New to Eubric or just Heroica?"

"I've been around for a few weeks. I wanted to get situated before taking a leave, ya know?

Boris smiles at the attention, "It'll be a pleasure retrieving the bones for you, my lady. We'll be back in a jiffy and you can tell us where to put them."

"Smooth," she winks.

"So why do you need us to get the bones for you? Can't you just buy them yourself?"

"In any case I'm ready to go."

Kiri smirks.

"I like the cut of your jib, Mr. Bruhalv...among other things."

"So why do you need us to get the bones for you? Can't you just buy them yourself?"

"In any case I'm ready to go."

Kiri rolls her eyes at the Moon Elf.

"I could, if I wanted to pay like a hundred Gold a pop, minimum. More, what with the shortage lately--magic merchants keep jacking up their markup, even though they refuse to pay more than 50 for 'em in the first place. Jerks." Kiri crosses her arms again, tapping her staves against the ground this time instead of each other. "Like I said, you lot are way cheaper right now."

Quest2NPC2.jpg

"Rules of business, I'm afraid," Mac says apologetically. "The market for magical gear's unstable at the best of times. It's why most merchants don't even bother with things like bones and crystal balls. The ones that do tend to be specialists in the stuff, and in turn they tend to have a pretty hefty markup to keep themselves afloat." He shrugs. "Way of the world, I guess."

"Well, economy of old bones aside - what makes an old bone better than a new one, anyway? - I'm ready to go."