Hi, guys!

This is Alex - Yakov's son. My father was unwell a little. The heart infarction was alarmed at work, as a result. He asked me to lay out this model. I will tell in confidence, this crane very much is pleasant to me. Well, here you look...

-Motor. 4-cylinder, in-line, mounted longitudinally.

Due to the complex design of the windscreen and bonnet of rise small, it was decided to make transparent cylinders.

Now when the vehicle can observe the work of the engine.

dsc_0455_00017sbcce.jpg

- Steering.

- Rear axle with differential. Torque is transmitted to the motor through a complex system of gears, due to the fact that the axis of the differential gear and the rack are aligned.

dsc_0456_00018xlfhh.jpg

-Side Support connected in pairs on each side and down-climb worm mechanism is used to drive the "curve starter."

dsc_0457_000190kpev.jpg

- Differential switch. It is possible to scroll the motor with the help "a curve starter".

dsc_0461_000229mzfx.jpg

- The opening doors.

dsc_0462_00023l0pg3.jpg

- Lifting mechanism of an arrow. A little noisy mechanism, but it allows to fix an arrow in any situation.

- The cargo winch is supplied with the same mechanism.

dsc_0460_000210gq2v.jpg

- Maximum height.

dsc_0458_000201hewq.jpg

-I forgot to tell. The father with this model won first place at competition "LEGO Technic Russia". Competition was organized and carried out by Egor (rm8).

dsc_0464_00025j2uag.jpg

yours sincerely, Alex.

I like it, it could be a set. It looks similar too, but ultimately a very different style and construction method than Milan did with his ZIL crane. But, that's probably because both creations are based on the same type of vehicle.

Awesome work!

This model is winner of Lego Technic Contest at russian community.

Edited by rm8

Why did you use red bars in the outriggers, and not axles with bushes?

Anyhow, I think it's great model. I like the colors, and it's a vehicle not much seen. The build style is very set-like.

An improvement could be to have the outriggers so that they return over center, so they "lock" (similar to how 8460 does it).

This could have been an official set. Very clean building style, clever colour use, I love it.

What a beauty.

This is the kind of build I would like to see as a medium/small set from lego.

Any chance for instructions?

great job! perfectly observed proportions and appearance is very similar to the Soviet GAZ-51 truck crane:

autowp.ru_k-2.5-1e_na_shassi_gaz_51a_1.jpg

Alex! Tell your father that the whole Russian Far East holds for him fists! I wish him a speedy convalescence!