Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

SHIELD vs. HYDRA Mafia - Day 5

25326637855_c577fb671f_z.jpg

Once again, Robert Thorn (Umbra-Manis) was out and about, playing cards by himself.

25434300724_77d31fcc87_c.jpg

"Geez, I wish I could get somebody to play cards with me!"

25434360294_b24051cbfc_c.jpg

"I'll play cards with you!" said a mysterious figure.

"Really?"

26039066325_64fefc04aa_c.jpg

"No."

*BANG*

25436541903_601da041e3_c.jpg

"Mwahahahahahaha!"

25436545233_7ed48efa9b_c.jpg

The day dawned, and the survivors regrouped, but this time Nick was no where to be seen!

"Come on Nick! You need to get here so you can confirm James' alignment!" said Daniel Bartell (mostlytechnic) impatiently.

25946531512_cccc0c2bc9_c.jpg

"Sorry I'm late! Jafar's kitchen is all out of breakfast foods, except this one measly crossaint! I fear among us... there may be hiding a cereal killer."

*collective gasp from audience*

"Anyways, to the important stuff. James Cunningham (Bob) was HYDRA! Nice work! :thumbup: Unfortunately, Robert Thorn (Umbra-Manis) was Loyal to SHIELD. :thumbdown: Do better today! There can't be too many of them left!"

25436599563_a2a51831de_c.jpg

"You have 72 hours."

Host (1)

24952547249_8224c045d8_t.jpg

Nick Fury, played by mediumsnowman

NPC’s (2)

25321594575_7301903a8c_t.jpg

Phil Coulson, NPC

24689608104_bc4e2d911f_t.jpg

Maria Hill, NPC

Players (8)

24952550799_1b3d7a175d_t.jpg

Daniel Bartell, played by mostlytechnic

24694819693_f703700082_t.jpg

Jafar Masrani, played by JackJonespaw

24689613054_f2fef4905c_t.jpg

Todd Castillo, played by Tariq j

25228471161_a449d11d4c_t.jpg

Jasper Heinz, played by PirateDave84

25295554446_67089a1260_t.jpg

Cecilia Reed, played by Darkdragon

25320218295_52a5bae8a1_t.jpg

Walter Williams, played by jluck

24694820423_f875b43e7c_t.jpg

Alyssa Turner, played by CallMePie

25025975350_58497085eb_t.jpg

Margaret Corrigan, played by Lady K

The Deceased (8)

24694824003_b184ceedc4_t.jpg

Kinjobby O’Laughlin, played by Junior Shark - Maced on Night 1 - Loyal to SHIELD

24690961074_9c026db157_t.jpg

Steven Schram, played by Khscarymovie4 - Lynched on Day 2 - Loyal to SHIELD

25228473801_2fd040a784_t.jpg

Eugene Lawson, played by Forresto - Gunned down on Night 2 - Corrupted by HYDRA

25025980300_9a88dc114f_t.jpg

David Leffel, played by fhomess - Lynched on Day 3 - Corrupted by HYDRA

24693459473_a7b0eda908_t.jpg

Jeffrey Brown, played by Dragonfire - Minced up on Night 3 - Loyal to SHIELD

25293984906_5f975ec817_t.jpg

Hailey Coleman, played by Comrade Commander - Stabbed on Night 3 - Loyal to SHIELD

25025971180_f69be60cb8_t.jpg

James Cunningham, played by Bob - Lynched, turned into a werewolf, and swam home Day 4 - Corrupted by HYDRA

24689610104_2808dd1a95_t.jpg

Robert Thorn, played by Umbra-Manis - Shot on Night 4 - Loyal to SHIELD

The Rules!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either SHIELD or HYDRA. To win the game, SHIELD must kill off all the HYDRA agents, while HYDRA needs to outnumber SHIELD. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must place a vote each day.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts, unless you are me. Your beloved host often makes typos and will be compelled to correct them.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. There probably aren't clues in the pictures or flavor text. Wildly speculate if you must. It's fun.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first and second offense, and the death of your character on your third offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Edited by mediumsnowman

Woo - so James was lying, as we thought. Way to scare us there, Mr. Fury...

But obviously there's someone left. So who's the 4th scummo?

Nice to see we got another one!

Well if we have a cereal killer than what are the rest of us supposed to eat for breakfast? Jafar, coffee please.......... and make it black fair trade organic grown on the side of an active volcano.

Well if we have a cereal killer than what are the rest of us supposed to eat for breakfast? Jafar, coffee please.......... and make it black fair trade organic grown on the side of an active volcano.

It is looking like my usual volcano source is not doing so well. I will have to find a new volcano...any reccomendations?

Anyway, based on not-so-subtle hints that Director Fury is dropping, it looks like we only have a single scum left to find. Unless there is a third-party role.

It seems at this point, if we don't have any good night results we should start voting off all the vanilla claims. It shouldn't take too long, I can't imagine there's more than one left in a game this size. The town block has had plenty of time to form and has given us every reason to trust them so just tell us who we should take out and we can all go home in time to catch the midweek showing of batman vs superman (which I hear sucks sadly).

batman vs superman

Watch your language laddie! This is a Marvel-themed game! :angry:

Anyways...

You may now vote. With 8 players remaining, a majority of 5 is required to lynch. Approximately 48 hours remain in the day.

It seems at this point, if we don't have any good night results we should start voting off all the vanilla claims. It shouldn't take too long, I can't imagine there's more than one left in a game this size. The town block has had plenty of time to form and has given us every reason to trust them so just tell us who we should take out and we can all go home in time to catch the midweek showing of [edited to remove language offensive to Mr. Fury]

Interesting that you should suggest that, Walter. My records show you as being one of the two remaining vanilla claims... which makes me wonder what you are:

1. A scum that forgot you'd claimed vanilla?

2. A legit townie?

3. A scum doing some serious WIFOM, hoping that by suggesting his own execution we will think he's loyal and keep him around?

I'd hope you're #2, but I am struggling to make that logically work. Why offer yourself up as a kill to scumhunt if you know you're town? I've seen that happen before, but only when there was rampant debate and so the townie offers to be lynched to prove their loyalty and remove themselves as a distraction from the hunt. That doesn't apply here; you've been nearly silent!

Unfortunately, we don't have a clear scum from last night's results. So we need to all discuss, work, and find the (hopefully last) scum!

To add onto that, I've gone through some of the voting patterns, and there's one that sticks out considerably:

1 vote for Walter Williams (jluck): (fhomess)

Now maybe I'm wrong, but this could be an attempt by the scum to make Walter look more town. David was lynched and flipped scum the next day so this could be an attempt by the scum to try and trick us.

I also find it very interesting that Walter wasn't even concerned by David's vote for him. He didn't respond, defend himself etc. It's as though he knew it was going to happen. :hmpf_bad:

To argue a bit (since no one else is), I don't think most people would react to a single vote on them, so I wouldn't put too much weight there. And since we've had a couple unanimous votes, it makes vote analysis tough. Still worth looking at, so thanks for pointing out that oddity. It is worth consideration.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but this could be an attempt by the scum to make Walter look more town. David was lynched and flipped scum the next day so this could be an attempt by the scum to try and trick us.

I also find it very interesting that Walter wasn't even concerned by David's vote for him. He didn't respond, defend himself etc. It's as though he knew it was going to happen. :hmpf_bad:

The first is a good point and a common scum tactic, since they knew the person we all were voting for was town. The second point, as Daniel mentioned, I don't find strange as usually only really new/nervous folks freak out when they get a single vote.

Personally, I believe though that the remaining scum is within the town block. I have a feeling that someone was converted on probably night 3 when the scum was really starting to dwindle. You can't tell me that scum kills were prevented for so many nights by blocking/protection and yet NOBODY has brought up who was blocked or protected. It makes no sense at all.

Oh, we've discussed the blocks and protection and the possibility of conversions. We just can't figure out an explanation that makes any sense.

Oh, we've discussed the blocks and protection and the possibility of conversions. We just can't figure out an explanation that makes any sense.

I don't recall seeing these conversations. Talking it over in PM with a specific group that contains a scum isn't very helpful, and no wonder no decisions can be made.

It doesn't seem like anybody else is even bothering to check in for Day 5, a sorry sight, very disappointing.

Interesting that you should suggest that, Walter. My records show you as being one of the two remaining vanilla claims... which makes me wonder what you are:

1. A scum that forgot you'd claimed vanilla?

2. A legit townie?

3. A scum doing some serious WIFOM, hoping that by suggesting his own execution we will think he's loyal and keep him around?

I'd hope you're #2, but I am struggling to make that logically work. Why offer yourself up as a kill to scumhunt if you know you're town? I've seen that happen before, but only when there was rampant debate and so the townie offers to be lynched to prove their loyalty and remove themselves as a distraction from the hunt. That doesn't apply here; you've been nearly silent!

Unfortunately, we don't have a clear scum from last night's results. So we need to all discuss, work, and find the (hopefully last) scum!

This is exactly my point, 2 vanilla remain so vote one of us today and kill the other tonight. Game over. A vanillas job is not to survive, it's to do whatever they can to help town win, so this is the easiest way to help win.

The first is a good point and a common scum tactic, since they knew the person we all were voting for was town. The second point, as Daniel mentioned, I don't find strange as usually only really new/nervous folks freak out when they get a single vote.

Personally, I believe though that the remaining scum is within the town block. I have a feeling that someone was converted on probably night 3 when the scum was really starting to dwindle. You can't tell me that scum kills were prevented for so many nights by blocking/protection and yet NOBODY has brought up who was blocked or protected. It makes no sense at all.

Ya, I don't respond to one vote. I've previously found that trying to respond to every single accusation ends up leading to more accusations. It's futile.

Your town block fear is the only thing that could cause us added difficulty. I'm not privy to those block conversations so I'll trust the blocks opinion on these matters.

A vanillas job is not to survive, it's to do whatever they can to help town win, so this is the easiest way to help win.

Yes, through logic, post and vote analysis, looking at what deceased scum players have said etc. Not just killing everybody and hoping you get a scum.

This is exactly my point, 2 vanilla remain so vote one of us today and kill the other tonight. Game over. A vanillas job is not to survive, it's to do whatever they can to help town win, so this is the easiest way to help win.

Except... you originally suggested it by saying "there can't be more than 1 vanilla left in a game this size" - which I have a couple problems with. A, how you know anything about how many PRs there are and how many have died vs how many vanilla died, and B, you claimed vanilla, so to say there's one 1 vanilla left would mean you and therefore not catch scum at all, assuming you're town.

Yes, through logic, post and vote analysis, looking at what deceased scum players have said etc. Not just killing everybody and hoping you get a scum.

Well, killing all the vanilla can be an ok way to catch a remaining scum. Since the scum are most likely to claim vanilla... or they have to take a risk and claim a role, which generally is only after they've rolecopped someone who has died. Still risky, since you don't know if the dead player claimed to anyone.

Except... you originally suggested it by saying "there can't be more than 1 vanilla left in a game this size" - which I have a couple problems with. A, how you know anything about how many PRs there are and how many have died vs how many vanilla died, and B, you claimed vanilla, so to say there's one 1 vanilla left would mean you and therefore not catch scum at all, assuming you're town.

(Snip)

Be careful, your use of quotation marks makes it look like I said something that I never did say. I stated above that we should start voting off all the vanilla claims to catch the remaining scum. I didn't mean there's only one vanilla claim left, I have no way of knowing that! I meant there's only one scum left.

Here's the exact wording:

It seems at this point, if we don't have any good night results we should start voting off all the vanilla claims. It shouldn't take too long, I can't imagine there's more than one left in a game this size.

(Snip)

Note I said we should start voting off all the vanilla claims, I didn't mean to insinuate there was only one vanilla claim. I do know there's only 2 vanilla claims left, though.

Interesting that you should suggest that, Walter. My records show you as being one of the two remaining vanilla claims...

(Snip)

In the end, I'm town. I just see this as the easiest way for a town win.

Jafar, green tea please, I have been feeling under the weather lately. Thank you.

This is something that has crossed my mind earlier as well.

Be careful, your use of quotation marks makes it look like I said something that I never did say. I stated above that we should start voting off all the vanilla claims to catch the remaining scum. I didn't mean there's only one vanilla claim left, I have no way of knowing that! I meant there's only one scum left.

Here's the exact wording:

Note I said we should start voting off all the vanilla claims, I didn't mean to insinuate there was only one vanilla claim. I do know there's only 2 vanilla claims left, though.

In the end, I'm town. I just see this as the easiest way for a town win.

This bothers me. How could you possibly know that there are only 2 vanilla claims left? I don't seem to recall all the PRs were claimed in the day thread nor were all the vanilla claims done in public......but you seem pretty confident that there are only two vanilla claims left.

Jafar, green tea please, I have been feeling under the weather lately. Thank you.

This is something that has crossed my mind earlier as well.

This bothers me. How could you possibly know that there are only 2 vanilla claims left? I don't seem to recall all the PRs were claimed in the day thread nor were all the vanilla claims done in public......but you seem pretty confident that there are only two vanilla claims left.

Umm...

My records show you as being one of the two remaining vanilla claims...

:eyeroll:

Ok Walter, you did say " I can't imagine there's more than one left in a game this size." And that IS a direct quote. So my point still stands... if you thought there's only 1 vanilla left, and you're vanilla town, then asking to have yourself killed off makes no sense.

Oh dang, I just went back and re-read your post and now I get what you said. You meant you think there's only 1 scum left. Somehow I managed to miss that both in your original post AND where you explained it later. :blush:

Umm...

:eyeroll:

Sorry, I missed that part...as I said I'm not feeling my best and Mr. Bartell just stated that today. :blush:

However now with that said, I am even more concerned about the town block being infiltrated........or the last scum is you Mr. Williams.

Traditionally the vanillas end up getting lynched first, and then we start looking inward toward the PRs.

There are at least five town PRs left, so I can't imagine we'll have a ton of issues cornering the last scum.

This is exactly my point, 2 vanilla remain so vote one of us today and kill the other tonight. Game over.

You say this with such certainty, though, that it's a bit worrying.

Traditionally the vanillas end up getting lynched first, and then we start looking inward toward the PRs.

There are at least five town PRs left, so I can't imagine we'll have a ton of issues cornering the last scum.

You say this with such certainty, though, that it's a bit worrying.

I don't know how much I need to explain this, as I've gone over it several times. It's been confirmed by the town block that there are 2 vanilla claims remaining, so unless the scum have infiltrated the town block, you simply kill those 2 people and you'll get the scum. I have no reason to not be certain. I'm one of the vanillas, so in sacrificing myself for this!

Give me a reason I shouldn't be so certain this will work. I mean this, give me a reason this plan doesn't work.

I don't know how much I need to explain this, as I've gone over it several times. It's been confirmed by the town block that there are 2 vanilla claims remaining, so unless the scum have infiltrated the town block, you simply kill those 2 people and you'll get the scum. I have no reason to not be certain. I'm one of the vanillas, so in sacrificing myself for this!

Give me a reason I shouldn't be so certain this will work. I mean this, give me a reason this plan doesn't work.

It's a possibility the town block has been infiltrated. A very small chance, maybe, but that possibility still exists. You seem utterly convinced that either you or the other vanilla is the scum.

In either case, I do agree that lynching the vanillas is probably the most logical course of action at this point. I'd like to hear who Daniel thinks we should start with, if there's anything suspicious about one vanilla more than the other that's come up in private.

Would it be acceptable to ask if there are any vanilla in the town block? I don't want to fish, but I do have a slight concern that I'm currently working through. If you all deem it to be info you'd rather keep private, I'd certainly understand.