Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

Kingdoms Mafia - Day Three

24504848390_6a5af465f3.jpg

From the writings of Trystane Adeus.

I was running. Running like I'd never run before. My heart pounding in my chest, my lungs burning with the exertion. The dark shadow of my pursuer was just behind me, hooded and caped, sword in hand. I was unarmed, helpless. My only hope was getting inside Cresthaven before it caught me....

24789826110_2444d24f00_z.jpg

...but this was dashed to pieces as I tripped, stumbled and fell into a second hooded figure, armed with a halberd!

25085438695_3db4128511_z.jpg

With a savage laugh, the new figure yanked off her hood to reveal the beautiful but sneering face of Alanna Moreton! She extended a foot and kicked my prone form, "It's over, Adeus. Tonight, you die."

24717753149_964925a31d_z.jpg

But as she stood there, about to end my life, the original hooded figure stepped forward, "This wasn't part of the plan, Alanna. He's not meant to die tonight."

This obviously infuriated Alanna, as she scowled and glared threateningly at the figure, "And who are you to order me around?"

25085437385_ea28679c1a_z.jpg

The second dark figure simply replied, "Alanna, you're a traitor to your own cause. And the Drakenguard Assassins don't tolerate treachery." Without warning, he or she stepped forward and plunged the sword into Alanna's body! Seeing my chance, I leapt up and sprinted for the cover of the woods, shocked and relieved at the same time.

24967271032_e9f94fa7a8_z.jpg

The next morning, we all gathered about Alanna's body. Glanred had donned a thick padded helmet to hide his baldness. It was fairly obvious, given her attire and the words she had spoken, that she was our second Drakenguard Assassin. While we were all together, General Avrel reported that Felix had not been recaptured, but had run in a different direction to the Drakenguard camp. It was safe to say that he had been Loyal all along....

24789822530_6a4aeeb18f_z.jpg

But the hunt still continued....

The Living (7)

24170869353_276327e8c8_t.jpg King Rustus II (NPC)

24797738575_a35fb875ea_t.jpg General Avrel (NPC)

24169574974_2aa5fe9301_t.jpg Trystane Adeus, historian and adviser to the King (NPC)

24771508316_5daac5bf4d_t.jpg Lord Drakensyne (NPC)

24502204610_47e9686fa3_t.jpg Sergeant Radford (def)

24502204090_2c8f9a63bd_t.jpg Fitzwilliam (JackJonespaw)

24704245361_2c2c6053f8_t.jpg Sir Eustace Almoner (Lady K) - military adviser and former soldier

24430073739_26c9c2fbec_t.jpg Wilfred Orann (mostlytechnic) - miller

24797737785_b89e66539c_t.jpg Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis) - mercenary

24502205130_3a2905f81b_t.jpg Berdam Blost (jluck) - innkeeper

24797738975_1fbedbde79_t.jpg Glanred (Mencot) - woodcutter and ruffian

The Dead (5)

24169575784_b0ddcd3482_t.jpg Corporal Banning (Tariq j), Loyal Townie - lynched Day One

24704246731_b11ed566ac_t.jpg Mairn Upswich (mediumsnowman), Loyal Townie - killed Day One

24704246331_ddf834806e_t.jpg Klaer Messell (Piratedave84), Loyal Townie - killed Night One

24704246591_d22c173f0b_t.jpg Felix Anderson (KingoftheZempk), Loyal Townie - "exiled" Day Two

24170868923_f9ee31a3be_t.jpg Alanna Moreton (Lord Duvors), Drakenguard Assassin - killed Night Two

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Drakenguard Assassins. To win the game, the Town must kill all of the Drakenguard Assassins, while the Drakenguard Assassins must outnumber the Town. Any Independent players have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may vote at any point in the day. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Deliberately quoting your role PM either in PM with other players or in-thread will result in a mod-kill of your character.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will have a penalty, possibly suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a vote penalty on the first two occasions, and a mod-kill on the third.

9. You must post in every day thread. If you do not post in a day thread without an excuse, your character will be mod-killed.

10. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

11. Role Play. I tried to give every character some traits / personality aspects, so have fun!

Edited by Dragonfire

Woo, I guess. 1 of each is good. Not great, but we can live with it.

Now, only 1 night kill again.... it must be a vig/SK since the scum obviously wouldn't kill off their own. So the scum kill must have been prevented. So blocker/protector, one of you did good last night so hopefully you're talking behind the scenes so we can get a second assassin today!

Hmm, good results. I'll assume that Alanna was killed by the SK, since the SK has no reason to not kill, while only the dumbest of gigs feel the need to kill every day. Was Alanna chosen for being out of the spotlight? Pehaps the scum have been lying quite low. A kind of questionable shaming since I've been low myself.

Why are people assuming we HAVE an SK in a game this small? There's only been 1 night kill each night, assuming that day kill was a vengeful-type scenario. So either we've had 2 non-kills each night (due to vig/sk staying home, or scum being prevented) or there's just a vig and a scum kill. In that latter case, night 1 the vig stayed home (wisely) and night 2 the scum failed. That seems more likely to me. Would BOTH vig and SK have skipped night 1? And one of them skipped night 2 (or the scum failed BOTH nights, but that sure seems unlikely)

Finally! So one of the scum was hiding as a non-voter.

Risky for the vig to hit those low posting types. They tend to either be hiding scum or hiding PRs. Glad this time it was a scummo!

Congratulations to whomever brought one of those traitorous assassins to swift justice last night! A job well done! Very sad to see we chased a loyal townie away, if only he had joined us with more to say before the end of the day.

Risky for the vig to hit those low posting types. They tend to either be hiding scum or hiding PRs. Glad this time it was a scummo!

You assume vig did the kill last night. While I agree it is unlikely to have an SK with these low numbers, I think it is a possibility that must be considered.

Alanna had not voted two days in a row and came in with the 'Gee I missed the vote deadline again' so I assume that made her the target last night. And I did bring up yesterday that I had thought one assassin was hiding in the non voters and two are hiding in the active voters. I still believe that the remaining two assassins have voted both days and have been active to avoid drawing any attention to themselves.

Ok, interesting a valuable result. Also, I noted Felix was exiled and not killed. Our host alluded to the dead possibly returning in the sign up thread I believe so I wonder if this may relate to that.

Finally! So one of the scum was hiding as a non-voter.

Here's the thing, there are more voters than nonvoters, so hiding in the nonvoters is actually blending in to the majority. I've never seen a game where so few people vote so I'm struggling to read what it means.

Congratulations to whomever brought one of those traitorous assassins to swift justice last night! A job well done! Very sad to see we chased a loyal townie away, if only he had joined us with more to say before the end of the day.

You assume vig did the kill last night. While I agree it is unlikely to have an SK with these low numbers, I think it is a possibility that must be considered.

I'd agree, I think I SK is quite possible given some of the quirks this game appears to be hiding.

Alanna had not voted two days in a row and came in with the 'Gee I missed the vote deadline again' so I assume that made her the target last night. And I did bring up yesterday that I had thought one assassin was hiding in the non voters and two are hiding in the active voters. I still believe that the remaining two assassins have voted both days and have been active to avoid drawing any attention to themselves.

Well that's easy enough then. The people who have actually participated in voting both days and are still alive are myself and Wilfred. Sounds like game, set, and match. Except I'm not an assassin so if there are indeed 2 scum left at least one of them is hiding in the not voting pile.

Well that's easy enough then. The people who have actually participated in voting both days and are still alive are myself and Wilfred. Sounds like game, set, and match. Except I'm not an assassin so if there are indeed 2 scum left at least one of them is hiding in the not voting pile.

And I know I'm not an assassin, so it's either 1 non-voting and Berdam, or 2 non-voting. As mentioned, the non-voting are actually the majority here so why are you (Sir Eustace) so focused on the voters?

Aye jolly good, one scum down. Too bad I lost my hair :damn: Idiot general 'nd his sword...

Anyway, My opinion is that it was a vig hit but aye I can consider a SK but in a small game, don´t know.

But question to the people who think that there is a SK in this game, do you think that there isn´t a vig then? Because I would not think he/she wouldn´t try to kill someone 2 nights in a row.

Aye jolly good, one scum down. Too bad I lost my hair :damn: Idiot general 'nd his sword...

Anyway, My opinion is that it was a vig hit but aye I can consider a SK but in a small game, don´t know.

But question to the people who think that there is a SK in this game, do you think that there isn´t a vig then? Because I would not think he/she wouldn´t try to kill someone 2 nights in a row.

Ya, I'd definitely say either a SK or a vig, but not both.

Ok, interesting a valuable result. Also, I noted Felix was exiled and not killed. Our host alluded to the dead possibly returning in the sign up thread I believe so I wonder if this may relate to that.

Just for clarification, Felix not actually being killed is simply flavour and is not related to the game or its mechanics at all. :classic:

Aye agree, 3 killing roles + lynching would be too much in a 12 player game. Or it would be a really fast one :wink:

Ya, I'd definitely say either a SK or a vig, but not both.

Somehow, I simply cannot see there not being a vig present at all here ever. It wouldn't make much sense - to me, at least - since basically you would have a rogue killer. It would be interesting, but I don't think it would be smart. Of course, only the vig/SK really knows.

Based on the 1-kill-a-night pattern we're seeing, could it be that the scum don't have a kill ability? I can't see them being that underpowered...

Another possibility I am pondering is that Alanna herself was the killer, but was killed by the vig/SK before her action could be completed...could that work, do you all think, lads?

Didn't we discuss last time that multiple killers targeting each other all succeed? I thought that's the standard. So if Alanna was the scum killer but got vig killed, her kill should have gone thru too.

Another crazy idea that went through my head while travelling today was what if the scum had no kill, but they had a recruit ability. That would let them reduce the town numbers and increase their own, so they could win that way. But then I realized it'd HAVE to be heavily restricted or counterbalanced, since each recuit by them would swing the balance of numbers by 2 (eliminate a townie and add a scum). It'd also be nasty to have trusted townie flip like that - sure it happens with the occasional 1 shot recruit ability or cults, but having the scum do that multiple times would be almost impossible to fight. So I highly doubt that crazy idea.

Personally, I think we have a vig that stayed home night 1, no SK, and the scum were prevented somehow last night. That's the simplest and most logical explanation that I see.

So... if there's a blocker or protector who had a successful action last night and can possibly let us know (reasonably safely - I'm not fishing or asking you to suicide to tell us that you protected someone) that'd be great. ESPECIALLY a blocker, since that should give us a scum's identity!

Actually, I guess there's no reason for a protector to say anything publicly. Tell a town block, sure, but the only thing it would do for the town as a whole is help confirm my theory, and that's not worth risking the protector.

Most definitely if we have a blocker please tell someone trust worthy. Sergeant def claimed to be cleared yesterday and we've had no reason to doubt that. Was anyone cleared last night?

Nobody was cleared last night. A few people have claimed vanilla townie to me, no power roles have claimed. And one of those vanillas have been shown to be lying.

Most definitely if we have a blocker please tell someone trust worthy. Sergeant def claimed to be cleared yesterday and we've had no reason to doubt that. Was anyone cleared last night?

Mr. Blost, who exactly is this Sergeant def you speak of? I know who Sergeant Radford is; a jolly good fellow that keeps the troops in line! We have no reason to blindly trust this other guy just because he says he is cleared, I don't even know who he is. And asking him directly if anyone was cleared last night is fishing for information you are not cleared for.

Nobody was cleared last night. A few people have claimed vanilla townie to me, no power roles have claimed. And one of those vanillas have been shown to be lying.

Can I assume then that we will have a traitor to bring to swift justice today? Since the discussion has centered around the vig/Sk debate and not who could be the assassins. Waste of precious time discussing mechanics and not suspects, the king expects results and swift justice!

Didn't we discuss last time that multiple killers targeting each other all succeed? I thought that's the standard. So if Alanna was the scum killer but got vig killed, her kill should have gone thru too.

I have read in a tome up in the library that on occasion night actions could be handled in a first-come-first-serve ranking, versus the normal ranking. It might be something like that, but it's doubtful.

Can I assume then that we will have a traitor to bring to swift justice today? Since the discussion has centered around the vig/Sk debate and not who could be the assassins. Waste of precious time discussing mechanics and not suspects, the king expects results and swift justice!

But I've heard stories from the recent past where announcing a traitor too quickly in the day kills other discussion... so while I'm glad that we should have an easy choice today, I don't think other discussion has been wasted.

And no, discussing what we're facing is not a waste of time. We can discuss mechanics AND suspects both!

But I've heard stories from the recent past where announcing a traitor too quickly in the day kills other discussion... so while I'm glad that we should have an easy choice today, I don't think other discussion has been wasted.

And no, discussing what we're facing is not a waste of time. We can discuss mechanics AND suspects both!

Excellent idea then Mr. Orann! So now you have given your opinion on mechanics, please share with us your opinions on suspects.

We're pretty much going to have to lynch the liar, but it's best if everyone keeps throwing shade in the meantime. Giving the name out early does kill discussion.

Yep, liars get lynched. As for Eustace wanting my opinion on suspects... well, who's left?

Sergeant Radford (def) - pretty sure he's town. Can't see his claim being a lie and there hasn't been any refuting of it yet.

Fitzwilliam (JackJonespaw) - one of the busiest posters, has been talking in PM with me a little and I don't have any reason to think he's an assassin

Sir Eustace Almoner (Lady K) - pretty sure you're town. Been pretty on point and sure seem to be legitimately hunting the assassins

Wilfred Orann (mostlytechnic) - I know I'm loyal to the king

Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis) - Been right in the middle of the pack posting-wise. Hard to read since Rath's new to town.

Berdam Blost (jluck) - middle of the road poster, did actually vote both days.

Glanred (Mencot) - hasn't voted at all, which in this town is actually hiding.

It's hard to have solid suspects, and there's so little voting history to look at, but I'm saying probably those last 2 names - Berdam, Glanred - are scum. So why not get things started again...

Vote: Glanred (Mencot)

since he's the scummiest of the three. Yesterday I voted for him and it's only gotten a bit stronger feeling since.

Glanred certainly hasn't made any contact with me. When my claim today is shown to be true tomorrow, we will be in that awkward position where those that haven't contacted and claimed to me will rise to the top of the list. If everybody claims, then we can compare claims. If half of you don't claim, then we keep doing a random crapshoot.

Glanred certainly hasn't made any contact with me. When my claim today is shown to be true tomorrow, we will be in that awkward position where those that haven't contacted and claimed to me will rise to the top of the list. If everybody claims, then we can compare claims. If half of you don't claim, then we keep doing a random crapshoot.

If I am lynched to day, I will say this, to not trust this guy because he is a liar. And PR should claim to him if he keeps that up.

Iam vanilla and to prove I am town, I am more than willing to sacrifice meself for th King 'nd this place.

As long as it gets a scumdragon caught it is worth it!

*PR Should not I meant