Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

Kingdoms Mafia - Day Two

24504848390_6a5af465f3.jpg

From the writings of Trystane Adeus

We dragged the two bodies outside Cresthaven's walls and left them where the Drakenguard could find them. General Avrel knew that Lord Drakensyne, for all his faults, valued his men highly; the Drakenguard would come to collect the bodies of any assassins they found. We knew that if the bodies were still there the next morning, then they were those of loyal villagers...

Klaer Messell was on a self-assigned mission in the mountains near Cresthaven. Disillusioned about the 'witch-hunt' that was going on inside the village, she had resolved to seek out the Drakenguard camp herself and do a bit of her own espionage to discover who had betrayed them.

24628286159_09e32858da_z.jpg

Suddenly, as she rounded a corner, she became aware of a dark figure standing before her. Although it was dressed from head to toe in black, something about the way it stood and moved made it obvious to Klaer who this figure was. Here, at last, she had found a traitor!

24700408940_6f60068b43_z.jpg

"You..." she began to say, but as she spoke, the dark figure unsheathed a shortsword and went for her. But the village blacksmith was no defenceless peasant. She blocked the blow with axe and sword, and a desperate, silent battle ensued...

24969598196_a03eba8510_z.jpg

Klaer knocked the sword out of the dark figure's hand and raised her own blade to its throat... but the figure only laughed. It was then that Klaer felt a burning pain from a cut on her leg, and realised that the assassin's sword had been poisoned. The poison did its work swiftly - as the blacksmith's legs gave way underneath her and she fell to the ground, the dark figure leapt on her and finished what it had started...

24369070863_bbe92f033c_z.jpg

The next morning, a sombre crowd gathered around the sprawled body at the foot of the cliffs. It was without doubt that Klaer had been a Loyal Townie, and the surviving villagers mourned her loss (well, at least most of them!), blaming themselves for what had happened

24995914465_b7b2413889_z.jpg

General Avrel's face was drawn. He announced that he had gone into the woods at first light, and had found both bodies still lying on the ground. They were also Loyal Townies. With a strained voice, he implored the town to find and kill these assassins before they claimed another life...

The Living

24170869353_276327e8c8_t.jpg King Rustus II (NPC)

24797738575_a35fb875ea_t.jpg General Avrel (NPC)

24169574974_2aa5fe9301_t.jpg Trystane Adeus, historian and adviser to the King (NPC)

24771508316_5daac5bf4d_t.jpg Lord Drakensyne (NPC)

24502204610_47e9686fa3_t.jpg Sergeant Radford (def)

24502204090_2c8f9a63bd_t.jpg Fitzwilliam (JackJonespaw)

24704245361_2c2c6053f8_t.jpg Sir Eustace Almoner (Lady K) - military adviser and former soldier

24430073739_26c9c2fbec_t.jpg Wilfred Orann (mostlytechnic) - miller

24170868923_f9ee31a3be_t.jpg Alanna Moreton (Lord Duvors) - "heart-throb"

24704246591_d22c173f0b_t.jpg Felix Anderson (KingoftheZempk) - fisherman

24797737785_b89e66539c_t.jpg Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis) - mercenary

24502205130_3a2905f81b_t.jpg Berdam Blost (jluck) - innkeeper

24797738975_1fbedbde79_t.jpg Glanred (Mencot) - woodcutter and ruffian

The Dead

24169575784_b0ddcd3482_t.jpg Corporal Banning (Tariq j), Loyal Townie - lynched Day One

24704246731_b11ed566ac_t.jpg Mairn Upswich (mediumsnowman), Loyal Townie - killed Day One

24704246331_ddf834806e_t.jpg Klaer Messell (Piratedave84), Loyal Townie - killed Night One

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Drakenguard Assassins. To win the game, the Town must kill all of the Drakenguard Assassins, while the Drakenguard Assassins must outnumber the Town. Any Independent players have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may vote at any point in the day. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Deliberately quoting your role PM either in PM with other players or in-thread will result in a mod-kill of your character.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will have a penalty, possibly suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a vote penalty on the first two occasions, and a mod-kill on the third.

9. You must post in every day thread. If you do not post in a day thread without an excuse, your character will be mod-killed.

10. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

11. There are no gameplay mechanics or hints in the pictures; it is all flavour and story.

12. Role Play. I tried to give every character some traits / personality aspects, so have fun!

Well that's a sucky start. Perhaps we need to lay off the drink and solve this!

And obviously, an interesting twist in this game of life - a day kill?!? Now.... at first I thought the day kill must be the assassins, and the night kill the vig. But it says that poor Klaer found a traitor. But then rule 11 says there's no mechanics or hints in the pictures, so maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Thinking further, I'd be shocked to see SO many deaths every day/night in such a small town. Perhaps... could the Corporal have been a Vengeful? There's a specific type listed there as a "super saint" who kills the person who hammered their lynch. Mairn was the last vote on Banning, so it's possible this is what we've seen here. (it also fits what we saw in the pictures at the end of day 1, but again, see rule 11...) If that's the case, then either we have no vig (likely actually, in such a small society I'd think), or a vig smart enough to stay home last night. (or of course, all the lower-odds explanations like vig or scum was blocked or the target protected or what have you...)

Bah. Too much for this early in the morning. Does it really matter? We know there's still assassins out there and so who killed who last night isn't that helpful right now.

A vengeful makes a lot of sense and would explain the day kill, at the moment I can't think of any better explanation.

Well that's a sucky start. Perhaps we need to lay off the drink and solve this!

And obviously, an interesting twist in this game of life - a day kill?!? Now.... at first I thought the day kill must be the assassins, and the night kill the vig. But it says that poor Klaer found a traitor. But then rule 11 says there's no mechanics or hints in the pictures, so maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Thinking further, I'd be shocked to see SO many deaths every day/night in such a small town. Perhaps... could the Corporal have been a Vengeful? There's a specific type listed there as a "super saint" who kills the person who hammered their lynch. Mairn was the last vote on Banning, so it's possible this is what we've seen here. (it also fits what we saw in the pictures at the end of day 1, but again, see rule 11...) If that's the case, then either we have no vig (likely actually, in such a small society I'd think), or a vig smart enough to stay home last night. (or of course, all the lower-odds explanations like vig or scum was blocked or the target protected or what have you...)

Bah. Too much for this early in the morning. Does it really matter? We know there's still assassins out there and so who killed who last night isn't that helpful right now.

This is what I have been saying.....strong drink at a time like this will only dull our senses! Keep the drinking for the victory celebrations when we bring those traitors to swift justice!

Now, on to the matter at hand. With us losing three townies this quickly in a small game, the ratio of townies to assassins is not good. The vengeful super saint killing the lynch hammer makes sense, what doesn't make sense is the killing of Klaer. Klaer said very little yesterday so why the kill. Assuming the vig stayed home why would the assassins target someone who was barely here?

Alas, a fourth of our numbers down already! We must stay vigilant, lads!

I was thinking along the lines that the good Corporal was a Daytime bomb, that explodes if lynched during the day, but venegeful definitely makes sense. My question is this - why would the Corporal - God rest his soul - not say that he was? Usually when someone is about to be lynched, if they have something kind of role like that, it would seem benefitial to say so. Or at least it seems so to me.

Now, on to the matter at hand. With us losing three townies this quickly in a small game, the ratio of townies to assassins is not good. The vengeful super saint killing the lynch hammer makes sense, what doesn't make sense is the killing of Klaer. Klaer said very little yesterday so why the kill. Assuming the vig stayed home why would the assassins target someone who was barely here?

I had quite the sickening thought, Sir Eustace, I must admit. What could the chances be that either Mairn or poor Klaer were the vig? I see no other reason why our vig would stay in bed during the night...

And I would simply guess that the assassins' kill was a random one. No one really stuck out yesterday, I say, so my money is on that it was simply random.

I was thinking along the lines that the good Corporal was a Daytime bomb, that explodes if lynched during the day, but venegeful definitely makes sense. My question is this - why would the Corporal - God rest his soul - not say that he was? Usually when someone is about to be lynched, if they have something kind of role like that, it would seem benefitial to say so. Or at least it seems so to me.

I had quite the sickening thought, Sir Eustace, I must admit. What could the chances be that either Mairn or poor Klaer were the vig? I see no other reason why our vig would stay in bed during the night...

And I would simply guess that the assassins' kill was a random one. No one really stuck out yesterday, I say, so my money is on that it was simply random.

Interesting, what you say here. I admit that thought passed through my mind as well, however I see it more likely the vig would choose to stay home to prevent the accidental death of an innocent townie. As you said no one in particular stood out yesterday, so I don't really see why you would first suggest the possibility that the vig was killed, hence the lack of a second kill, and the randomness of an assassin kill when in fact in a previous life Klaer was indeed the town vig. So for you to put poor dead Klaer in the same thought as the town vig just seems........suspicious to me.

As to your thoughts as to why the Corporal didn't mention before the end of the day he was a vengeful/super saint/ bomb type role, my only thought on this is maybe he was hoping a traitor would jump on the opportunity to lynch him and therefore he would take one out with him in his death. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to keep quiet on that issue.

A vengeful? That be a new twist to me.

lt is a rather common role dear.

Berdam Blost, yesterday you said that you suspected there was someone manipulating the voting from behind the scenes, do you care to elaborate any further?

Interesting, what you say here. I admit that thought passed through my mind as well, however I see it more likely the vig would choose to stay home to prevent the accidental death of an innocent townie. As you said no one in particular stood out yesterday, so I don't really see why you would first suggest the possibility that the vig was killed, hence the lack of a second kill, and the randomness of an assassin kill when in fact in a previous life Klaer was indeed the town vig. So for you to put poor dead Klaer in the same thought as the town vig just seems........suspicious to me.

'Tis just a suggestion, Sir Eustace. I don't see why else there wouldn't be two kills unless the vig was killed, or we don't have one at all. Or the assassins don't have the ability to kill, or they chose not to. But it seems unlikely either way to just have one kill last night. As for the fact that Klaer has been vig in a past life, as the good Seargent Radford has said in his previous life, past lives have no effect on the present. I'm not associating Klaer with anything that she had done in the past, and I believe I also grouped dear Sir Mairn in with her as both potential vigs. Really, I am a bit shaken by the fact that you would even accuse me of letting past lives affect our present ones. It seems to me that you are simply groping at a more sinister reason for my association, when in reality my association is based purely on what little we know.

Also, I must add that I am trying to make sense of your comment, when in fact I am not very sure of what you said at all.

"As you said no one in particular stood out yesterday, so I don't really see why you would first suggest the possibility that the vig was killed, hence the lack of a second kill, and the randomness of an assassin kill when in fact in a previous life Klaer was indeed the town vig."

I did say that, aye, but what in God's name does that have to do with the fact that I am speculating that the vig has been killed? And what does that have to do with Klaer's previous life? I do admit that I am a tad confused here. If you could clarify for me that would be absolutely splendid!

lt is a rather common role dear.

Berdam Blost, yesterday you said that you suspected there was someone manipulating the voting from behind the scenes, do you care to elaborate any further?

Ya, I think now would be a fair time to share my thinking. I didn't think someone was manipulating the vote behind the scenes, I thought (and still do think) that someone was suggesting something in a manner that would encourage others to do the voting and keep their hands clean. (Disclaimer: my reads on this player have been off quite often in the past and that's why I was hesitant to share)

Sir Eustice Almonor insinuated a suspicion several times. These suspicions even led to votes being cast, by Eustice didn't bother to cast a vote throughout the entire day. Here's the pertinent posts:

Ah good, you are here now towniest of townies Sergeant! Get all these people in formation for inspection, even the drunken ones! We will see by looking them directly in the eye who is loyal to our king and who is not! Justice will be served!

There is one missing from our ranks!

She brings up her suspicion.

Odd, it would seem that our blacksmith/pirate was online just a bit ago and didn't even stop by to say anything, or even get a drink from the tavern.

She pushes the topic. At this point people begin to agree and vote, but she withholds her vote.

And it would seem the blacksmith was just here again, with nothing to say....didn't even join us. :sceptic:

She continues to push the issue...but still won't vote.

Well now that we are all here we can get this party started into formation for formal review! No need to get defensive Messell, a simple polite greeting was all that was needed, your king wants to know if you stand with or against him that is all.

And I am in agreement with a closer inspection at those so quick and willing to offer up someone for a lynch without a proper review is warranted indeed.

Finally, the pirate joins the conversation and he expresses displeasure at being suspected. Eustice complains that he is getting defensive and should be polite before moving on, yet through it all she never votes. Even when a lynch is in jeopardy.

Admittedly, it's not much, but it's the main thing that stood out on day one.

All this being said, we must proceed with extreme caution. If there are 3 assassins in our midst, a bad day and night could nearly level our numbers.

Finally, the pirate joins the conversation and he expresses displeasure at being suspected. Eustice complains that he is getting defensive and should be polite before moving on, yet through it all she never votes. Even when a lynch is in jeopardy.

All this being said, we must proceed with extreme caution. If there are 3 assassins in our midst, a bad day and night could nearly level our numbers.

An issue has been rattling about in my brain ever since the previous day - a whopping six of you didn't vote. That's half of our numbers! If any of you could speak out as to why you did not, I shall hark your reasoning. Was it because you did not think that lynching someone on the first day would be the brightest idea? Or did you run out of time? I realize that there is no majority vote in this particular situation, but it's still seems quite queer to me.

1. Sadly, more than a fourth, since some of the people here are cowardly assassins. I'd assume it's more like a third of the town gone! something along the lines of 3 assassins and 9 of us town to begin.

2. Vengefuls don't always claim, hoping either for scum to be the final vote and die, or because it's sorta a crappy claim to make. "Hey, you can't lynch me or you die!" comes across poorly.

3. I would HOPE the vig stayed home last night! There wasn't anything strongly scummy enough for the vig to kill over, and with so few people in this town, we don't have bodies to spare.

An issue has been rattling about in my brain ever since the previous day - a whopping six of you didn't vote. That's half of our numbers! If any of you could speak out as to why you did not, I shall hark your reasoning. Was it because you did not think that lynching someone on the first day would be the brightest idea? Or did you run out of time? I realize that there is no majority vote in this particular situation, but it's still seems quite queer to me.

I have often advocated for no-lynch day 1 before, but it does seem odd that SO MANY didn't vote at all! Those of you who didn't vote definitely need to explain yourselves.

In fact, I'm going to start things off and

Vote: Glanred (Mencot)

because you were the most talkative person who didn't vote yesterday. Time to start talking today!

I simply ran out of time, sorry dears. Though if I had voted for anyone it would've been for Rath Skarbin, he cast a vote for someone no one else voted for with no initial justification, and when he did give a reason it was a very flimsy one.

'Tis just a suggestion, Sir Eustace. I don't see why else there wouldn't be two kills unless the vig was killed, or we don't have one at all. Or the assassins don't have the ability to kill, or they chose not to. But it seems unlikely either way to just have one kill last night. As for the fact that Klaer has been vig in a past life, as the good Seargent Radford has said in his previous life, past lives have no effect on the present. I'm not associating Klaer with anything that she had done in the past, and I believe I also grouped dear Sir Mairn in with her as both potential vigs. Really, I am a bit shaken by the fact that you would even accuse me of letting past lives affect our present ones. It seems to me that you are simply groping at a more sinister reason for my association, when in reality my association is based purely on what little we know.

Also, I must add that I am trying to make sense of your comment, when in fact I am not very sure of what you said at all.

"As you said no one in particular stood out yesterday, so I don't really see why you would first suggest the possibility that the vig was killed, hence the lack of a second kill, and the randomness of an assassin kill when in fact in a previous life Klaer was indeed the town vig."

I did say that, aye, but what in God's name does that have to do with the fact that I am speculating that the vig has been killed? And what does that have to do with Klaer's previous life? I do admit that I am a tad confused here. If you could clarify for me that would be absolutely splendid!

I would be happy to clarify what I was getting at for you. While I agree past lives are supposed to have no effect on the current circumstances, I must point out that it is possible that poor Klaer was targeted for being the vig before and hardly ever showing up and someone assuming that a role is in play and that is why she hasn't shown up hardly at all in this life as well. As you ( and most of us as well) know it is difficult to not think of something that happened in a previous life and apply it to what is happening today. And there is no need for you to be shaken by my suggesting that you were letting her past life effect this one, all of us have done it one time or another. The thing I was pointing out that I find suspicious was that of all the roles you could have pointed out as a possibility associated with Klaer, you pointed out the vig. It is quite common for the vig to stay home night one, no need to be concerned at this point. And there could be any number of reasons for only one kill last night, not just the death of the vig.

Ya, I think now would be a fair time to share my thinking. I didn't think someone was manipulating the vote behind the scenes, I thought (and still do think) that someone was suggesting something in a manner that would encourage others to do the voting and keep their hands clean. (Disclaimer: my reads on this player have been off quite often in the past and that's why I was hesitant to share)

Sir Eustice Almonor insinuated a suspicion several times. These suspicions even led to votes being cast, by Eustice didn't bother to cast a vote throughout the entire day. Here's the pertinent posts:

She brings up her suspicion.

She pushes the topic. At this point people begin to agree and vote, but she withholds her vote.

She continues to push the issue...but still won't vote.

And I will also provide clarification for Berdam grasping at straws here. First he is quite correct in his reads on me are off. I would love for him to point out exactly where I was voicing suspicions and encouraging others to vote based on my suspicions without casting a vote myself. I will also clear up why I personally chose not to vote yesterday in a minute. But first let us discuss the issue of my mentioning that one of our numbers was missing. As I stated, being the military advisor to the king, I wanted everyone to line up for formal inspection, and pointed out one of our numbers was missing. I never said I found her suspicious for missing, just simply stated she was missing. I do not push the topic, but I do mention it again hoping that in fact Klaer would see that I saw she was here, but not in formation with everyone else. I did mention to here she should be more polite since I was merely pointing out that she was here but hadn't cared to join us for a simple greeting and general conversation to show the king who's side she was on.

Now onto the lynch. I didn't feel the lynch was in jeopardy due to the fact that the player with the most votes would be lynched. My vote really wasn't needed and I did not feel comfortable casting a vote for anyone at that point. Past lives, especially the most recent one has taught me the value of a no-lynch on day 1 and that we town can indeed survive and win without it. Sometimes data can be gained from it, sometimes not. With a game this small I felt it was in towns best interest to keep as many townies alive day 1/night 1 as possible.

I simply ran out of time, sorry dears. Though if I had voted for anyone it would've been for Rath Skarbin, he cast a vote for someone no one else voted for with no initial justification, and when he did give a reason it was a very flimsy one.

To play devil's advocate here, when has there EVER been a day 1 vote that wasn't flimsy?

Now onto the lynch. I didn't feel the lynch was in jeopardy due to the fact that the player with the most votes would be lynched. My vote really wasn't needed and I did not feel comfortable casting a vote for anyone at that point. Past lives, especially the most recent one has taught me the value of a no-lynch on day 1 and that we town can indeed survive and win without it. Sometimes data can be gained from it, sometimes not. With a game this small I felt it was in towns best interest to keep as many townies alive day 1/night 1 as possible.

Well, that explanation is just full of holes. You say you were trying to keep people alive by not voting, but as you said, the rule in this town is the person with most votes is lynched. A majority is not needed, so once ANY vote is placed, someone's getting dead. So not voting in NO WAY could keep anyone alive. Voting just puts you on record so we can examine the history later, once we have some alignments known. So... you trying to hide your voting record by not placing a vote?

To play devil's advocate here, when has there EVER been a day 1 vote that wasn't flimsy?

Thank ye! It twas a flimsy vote, but before I did it, all Felix had done was make two random comments about fish guts and then 1 more statement about it being a normal Day 1. Nothin substantial. Now he is one of three who have yet to show their faces since the night.

Thank ye! It twas a flimsy vote, but before I did it, all Felix had done was make two random comments about fish guts and then 1 more statement about it being a normal Day 1. Nothin substantial. Now he is one of three who have yet to show their faces since the night.

Don't be thanking me - I was in no way defending you. I just can't stand crap logic being used! :devil:

Well, that explanation is just full of holes. You say you were trying to keep people alive by not voting, but as you said, the rule in this town is the person with most votes is lynched. A majority is not needed, so once ANY vote is placed, someone's getting dead. So not voting in NO WAY could keep anyone alive. Voting just puts you on record so we can examine the history later, once we have some alignments known. So... you trying to hide your voting record by not placing a vote?

I could not agree with you more,my friend. The only thing that is quite bothersome to me is that the late Mairn cast the final vote with a grand total of 8 minutes remaining in the day, otherwise it would have been a tie lynch between myself and the late Corporal, i.e. a No-Lynch.

Here's a basic timeline, because I'm not quite sure how else to explain it, and I quite enjoy creating timelines:

I vote at 6:44 PM CST, giving the Corporal the second vote, and creating a tie between him and me for lynch victims

At 2:05 PM CST, good Sir Mairn (rest in peace, my friend) casts a vote for the Corporal, ending the tie, and putting the Corporal as the lynch victim.

At 2:13 PM CST, the day ends.

Now, you said:

"I didn't feel the lynch was in jeopardy due to the fact that the player with the most votes would be lynched."

Which I understand, but for just about 7 hours, the day was looking like a no-lynch, i.e. exactly in jeopardy. It just seems rather...risky, in my opinion, to not vote when those stakes seemed so high.

However, addressing Berdam's suspicions about Sir Eustace, I must side with Sir Eustace on this side. - it just seems as though he was just role-playing, nothing more. At least, nothing more that stuck out to me, but that's the magic of humans - we all have different opinions. So, friends, opinion away!

On the contrary Mr. Orann, my explanation is sound. You have your opinion and I have mine. I chose to not vote and you chose to take a risk that your chosen lynch candidate would turn up as a traitor. As it is your chosen candidate turned up to be an innocent town member who then in a violent rage took another innocent town member with him to his death. It is merely day 1 we are talking about here. I didn't try to hide my voting record because there is nothing to hide. I am town, and because I chose yesterday to not vote doesn't mean I will choose to not vote again. So what are you really after here?

On the contrary Mr. Orann, my explanation is sound. You have your opinion and I have mine. I chose to not vote and you chose to take a risk that your chosen lynch candidate would turn up as a traitor. As it is your chosen candidate turned up to be an innocent town member who then in a violent rage took another innocent town member with him to his death. It is merely day 1 we are talking about here. I didn't try to hide my voting record because there is nothing to hide. I am town, and because I chose yesterday to not vote doesn't mean I will choose to not vote again. So what are you really after here?

So you preferred a no lynch correct?

So you preferred a no lynch correct?

Since a majority was not needed and those choosing to vote could decide whether or not there would be a no lynch, my personal preference is irrelevant. Had it come down to me being the deciding vote of a majority needed then it would matter and then I would have stated whether or not I preferred a no lynch at that time. Those of you who voted decided how the day would go.

May I remind you that there were six of us who chose not to vote. Why is it then that you are not calling the rest of them out for explanations? Only two of us have stated why we chose not to vote, and poor Klaer is dead, she too chose not to vote. Scrutinize me if you will, but don't get so focused that you lose sight that I was not alone in not voting and three others have not stated why they chose not to vote. And some haven't even graced us with their presence yet today.

Since a majority was not needed and those choosing to vote could decide whether or not there would be a no lynch, my personal preference is irrelevant. Had it come down to me being the deciding vote of a majority needed then it would matter and then I would have stated whether or not I preferred a no lynch at that time. Those of you who voted decided how the day would go.

May I remind you that there were six of us who chose not to vote. Why is it then that you are not calling the rest of them out for explanations? Only two of us have stated why we chose not to vote, and poor Klaer is dead, she too chose not to vote. Scrutinize me if you will, but don't get so focused that you lose sight that I was not alone in not voting and three others have not stated why they chose not to vote. And some haven't even graced us with their presence yet today.

I have not lost sight of the others, but seeing others does not equate to ignoring you. You (and the others as well) choosing not to vote is within your right, however, you need to be held accountable. Simply saying

Had it come down to me being the deciding vote of a majority needed then it would matter and then I would have stated whether or not I preferred a no lynch at that time
is not an acceptable answer. You were a deciding vote. Had you chosen to vote for someone other than the lynched candidate you could have created a tie which would have possibly prevented a lynch. Also, withholding a vote is fine, but I'm not comfortable with withholding your reason for not voting.

If you felt it was a poor lynch you had time to make a case for someone else. You cannot refrain from voting and then blame those who did vote for the outcome as it feels like you're doing when you say

Those of you who voted decided how the day would go.

To everyone who didn't vote and isn't posting, get on it! You make it easy for assassins to hide when you all look suspicious!

I have not lost sight of the others, but seeing others does not equate to ignoring you. You (and the others as well) choosing not to vote is within your right, however, you need to be held accountable. Simply saying is not an acceptable answer. You were a deciding vote. Had you chosen to vote for someone other than the lynched candidate you could have created a tie which would have possibly prevented a lynch. Also, withholding a vote is fine, but I'm not comfortable with withholding your reason for not voting.

If you felt it was a poor lynch you had time to make a case for someone else. You cannot refrain from voting and then blame those who did vote for the outcome as it feels like you're doing when you say

To everyone who didn't vote and isn't posting, get on it! You make it easy for assassins to hide when you all look suspicious!

I am being accountable, I gave you my reason. If you don't like it or agree with it that is your choice, but it is still my reason. I would have made a case against someone if I had felt it was warranted and someone stood out as very very scummy. But it was Day 1 and no one was scummy so I chose to not vote.

Why are you insisting that I was a deciding vote? I was not the deciding vote as there were others besides myself who chose not to vote. A deciding vote is the last one cast in a tie situation, which was Mairn on Day 1. If I had voted and created a tie, hence no lynch situation then any of the other five could have voted and broken the tie. Then that person would have been the deciding vote.

Why are you insisting that I was a deciding vote? I was not the deciding vote as there were others besides myself who chose not to vote. A deciding vote is the last one cast in a tie situation, which was Mairn on Day 1. If I had voted and created a tie, hence no lynch situation then any of the other five could have voted and broken the tie. Then that person would have been the deciding vote.

I think he's saying that you were the deciding vote before Mairn stepped in and cast the deciding vote very very late in the day.

I think he's saying that you were the deciding vote before Mairn stepped in and cast the deciding vote very very late in the day.

Actually, I was saying she (or any of the others who didn't vote) could have been the deciding vote by voting and creating a tie and thus a no lynch. If she was against a lynch, she could have voted and created a tie instead of standing idly by and watching a now known townie die. A no vote is a good place for scum to hide because they can claim they weren't part of a town lynch.