Solscud007

LEGO store Grand Openings

So I posted up that there is a mini Lego Store set limited edition available only at Lego Store Grand Openings.

3300003-1.jpg

Someone on a non LEGO forum posted this listing of stores.

Nashville, TN

Victor, NY

Vancouver, BC; Canada

Wauwatosa, WI

The Woodlands, TX

Peabody, MA

Overland Park, KS

Elizabeth, NJ

Seattle, WA

Alpharetta, GA

I tried calling LEGO customer service to find out more but they knew even less that I did. Like Vancouver, BC Canada store opens May 4-6 as per the May Store Calendar.

I suppose that all the May Stores are already listed on the calendar then the other ones down the list must be in June?

Any ideas how I can get more info so I can plan to go to the one nearest me?

I'd like to know the answer as well. Solscud, so far, your best bet is to keep tabs on brickset, that's where I saw this info originally.

I would also like to know, my brother lives in Peabody, so I'll definitely take the drive up to go to the grand opening. :classic:

I have only been to one grand opening but there was never a exclusive set. Does anyone know how much it will cost, or will it be free?

Any info once found out would be great. I tried calling the mall, but there was no awnser. :hmpf_bad:

According to the stores opening this month, you spend $35 on Saturday for the mini Lego store. Sunday spend $35 and get the 3 mini figures.

According to the stores opening this month, you spend $35 on Saturday for the mini Lego store. Sunday spend $35 and get the 3 mini figures.

Do you need to spend $35 to get those for free, or spend $35 for the actual set or minifies?

Hm, that's new info there. So, Saturday is clearly the day to go to the opening. I wonder if that will be the deal at every opening?...

Do you need to spend $35 to get those for free, or spend $35 for the actual set or minifies?

Spend $35 and you get it for free.

Sorry, I don´t have any more info at this time but I´ll try to get it!

Upon that download your own set of instructions here from TLG :sweet:!

The store in Victor NY is opening April 27-29, on Saturday if you spend over 35$ you get the Lego Store model for free.

Did he include Lego stores that haven't opened yet?

He must have, because the Peabody store is listed but is still under construction.

Also, thanks for the link CopMike. If I don't happen to go to the Grand Opening, I'll definitely build it.

If you keep checking the lego website it will post when the grand openings are. Click on 'United States' and it appears that even the upcoming stores are already listed even if it's not open yet.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx

For example, the Victor, NY store shows the grand opening dates of April 27 - 29.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Victor/LandingPage.aspx

But, the Alpharetta, GA doesn't have any info yet.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Alpharetta/LandingPage.aspx

Edited by sharky

Sorry, I don´t have any more info at this time but I´ll try to get it!

Upon that download your own set of instructions here from TLG :sweet:!

Thanks CopMike! That mini LEGO Store is really nice, too bad none of those stores that are opening are near me, but now I can do a parts build! :sweet:

Does anyone know the scale of this set?

Is it compatible with minifigs or is it mini-scale?

Looks to be about half minifig scale. I think I'm going to build one scaled down further to make it compatible with the Mini Modulars, though I'm awfully tempted to Bricklink the parts to make the official version.

Looks to be about half minifig scale. I think I'm going to build one scaled down further to make it compatible with the Mini Modulars, though I'm awfully tempted to Bricklink the parts to make the official version.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna build one scaled UP further to make it compatible with minifigs!

If I were to compare to a typical store in malls, the door is about half the height of whats needed for minifig scale, and the space needs to be made longer. Maybe make it about 20 studs total with shelves on both sides.

And defianttly better PAB wall, wouldn't want to disappoint little mini-kids with paltry selection of bricks.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna build one scaled UP further to make it compatible with minifigs!

If I were to compare to a typical store in malls, the door is about half the height of whats needed for minifig scale, and the space needs to be made longer. Maybe make it about 20 studs total with shelves on both sides.

And defianttly better PAB wall, wouldn't want to disappoint little mini-kids with paltry selection of bricks.

Those are good ideas. I think I will have to give that a try myself, and let's not forget about a large BAM section too. :laugh:

April 27-29 is Nashville's grand opening, and I might be there, as I live in TN. Also, a friend told me that the Nashville store is already open, and showed pics of the PICKABRICK Wall! Is this true? *oh2*

April 27-29 is Nashville's grand opening, and I might be there, as I live in TN. Also, a friend told me that the Nashville store is already open, and showed pics of the PICKABRICK Wall! Is this true? *oh2*

I don't know, personally, but our store was open before the "official" opening weekend.

Of the two LBR stores here, one opened about a day before the Grand Opening, and the other opened a month before. It really depends on how quickly everything gets constructed, and how quickly the staff are trained.

For those of you in the Wisconsin area, the Wauwatosa LEGO store's grand opening at Mayfair Mall is May 11-13 (see here). Also, it looks like both the exclusive minifigs and the Lego store set promos come free with a $35+ purchase. :sweet:

Any word on the Kansas City (Overland Park) Grand Opening date?

You can just keep checkingthis link to see if there's any official news on your store. I know the Wauwatosa store info wasn't there last time I checked (3 weeks ago), so they probably update it regularly.