Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

TTCE: Classic Train Station

ENTERED

Hello everybody! :classic:

Here is my entry to the Train Tech Contest:

Classic Train Station

"On track One: The train to Lego City will arrive in three minutes!"

Many passengers are waiting on the platform.

2009_ttc.1.jpg

(picture for entry)

But before waiting on the platform for their train there's a lot they could do while waiting inside the station:

2009_ttc.16.jpg

When arriving at the train station you abandon your luggage:

2009_ttc.13.jpg

Then you can go into the book shop and buy somthing to read for the long trip:

2009_ttc.11.jpg

What about a snack, an ice cream or simply somthing to drink before leaving?

2009_ttc.10.jpg

Before you go to the track where your train arrives you firstly have to look on the screen on which track it arrives:

2009_ttc.14.jpg

Which do do most of the time not see: The people working in the railway control center in order to that all trains can arrive and departure how it shall be:

2009_ttc.12.jpg

This station is - like the name already says - a classic train station and so is build in ancient architecture: There are columns and decorations:

2009_ttc.17.jpg

Some more pics can be found in this folder (when public) of my BS gallery.

Comments are welcome! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Hey Klaus-Dieter, great work! I'm really in awe of your lamps and speakers outside. Good job with them. Only suggestion I have for improvement is that for the windows on the second floor, you use actual windows, not white brick. Otherwise, looking really good. The best of luck mate. :thumbup:

What I mostly like about this: it looks like it fits right into classic town sets from the '80s. Great entry Klaus-Dieter! :thumbup:

Wow! K.D, that is one excellent Metro Classic Train Station! :thumbup:

I really liked this entry very much, and it sure has some vibrant Classic Town elements in it, matching with some current City components, such as its minifigs and some printed parts like the monitor screen. The interior is also great.

Good luck in this contest.

Hey Klaus-Dieter, great work! I'm really in awe of your lamps and speakers outside. Good job with them. Only suggestion I have for improvement is that for the windows on the second floor, you use actual windows, not white brick. Otherwise, looking really good. The best of luck mate. :thumbup:

Thanks, Captain Zuloo! :classic:

I firstly wanted to add windows everywhere on the second floor - but there were two reasons why I didn't do that:

1. Since these windows are the old windows which have these clips for the shutters I would have to pass on some of the interior details since there is more space needed.

2. I simply don't have more windows in this color.

What I mostly like about this: it looks like it fits right into classic town sets from the '80s. Great entry Klaus-Dieter! :thumbup:

Thanks, Richie! :classic:

Indeed my aim was to build a train station which looks similar to the excellent one from 1991 (?) - but with one additional floor and more and modern interior details.

Wow! K.D, that is one excellent Metro Classic Train Station! :thumbup:

I really liked this entry very much, and it sure has some vibrant Classic Town elements in it, matching with some current City components, such as its minifigs and some printed parts like the monitor screen. The interior is also great.

Good luck in this contest.

Thanks, WhiteFang! :classic:

Since for me the interior is as much important as the exterior design I wanted to add a complete and interesting interior. So I decided for a book shop and a bistro (which both all bigger train stations include) and for a luggage center and a raoƶway control center.

Klaus-Dieter