• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hoexbroe

Hoexbroe

Member: 12444

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image B-OM-29A

Hi guys,

I present you with the barbershop and it´s bigger neighbour (still not specified, but could be turned into the "Five and Dime" shop Lightning Tiger keeps talking about...  :wink:  )

Posted Image

Buildings will not have interior decorations, as this block will be situated in a corner of the layout. The brown building doesnt even have an end-wall.
But I DID complete the back-side, as the spectator will be *just* able to catch a glimpse of the behinds;
Posted Image

Posted Image

The beown building is done in teh same style as the City Hotel (if somebody still remember the building presented with the Art Deco cinema), which I liked a lot;
Posted Image

And for the final photo, a view of the entrance to the barbershop. The sign is still waiting for its sticker. Is the name "B-Sharp" too used already¿?
Posted Image

Edited by Phred, 30 July 2012 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

I  :wub: these modulars 'Hoexbroe', cute barbershop and yeah, that does look like a multi-storey five & dime.....F.W. Woolworth ? :grin:
Keep going and Brick On 'Hoexbroe' ! :grin:

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

Too bad you aren't doing interiors, especially when you did such a great job on the exterior. I really like the facade on the brown building and the fire escape on the back is neat  :thumbup: The barbershop pole is also very recognizable  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#4 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

Another great addition to your (truly spectacular) upcoming diorama. Keep them coming! :) I particularly like the lamppost.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#5 Vincent Kessels

Vincent Kessels

• Mr. Tomato Bread

Member: 10753

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Two great buildings Hoexbroe.  :thumbup:

My favorite is the brown building with arches. What color did you use between the windows, Dark Orange or Medium Dark Flesh?

#6 BrickPicker

BrickPicker

Member: 23486

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Very nice.  I like how the back of the building is also very detailed and accurate.
Posted Image

#7 Hoexbroe

Hoexbroe

Member: 12444

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostVincent Kessels, on 30 July 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Two great buildings Hoexbroe.  :thumbup:
My favorite is the brown building with arches. What color did you use between the windows, Dark Orange or Medium Dark Flesh?
Dark orange.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users