Etzel

MOC: Gnome and his stump

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Gnome lives a quiet and peaceful life in the forest where he has carved out his home in an old tree stump. He passes the days with fishing in the nearby pond. He is very shy which might explain why he has been seen by so few tall-people.

5634390208_96a2bf6014_z.jpg

5634390286_034f85b3e8_z.jpg

5633809655_f8d97d9f98_z.jpg

5634390464_e0844304f2_z.jpg

Yes, he has a small gold treasure too, just like every small humanoid forest creature has. :wink:

Flickr link

This build might look easier then it was but the stump almost got me... eh stumped... :tongue: It was very fragile during the build but in the end it turned out quite steady. The Gnome is a really nice minifig I think. I like the hat very much and I hope we someday get it in white (for Smurfs! :grin: ). Some dislike the Gnome for being to similar to the Fisherman from S3 but the only similar things are the beard and the fishing pole (which is in anther colour) and since both those pieces are very nice IMHO I still like the Gnome very much.

Now I'll need to figure out which S4 minifig to do next...

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I really do like this Etzel, A nice peaceful area for the Gnome to live default_thumbup.gif

The house in the tree is quite a good idea. I love the interior.

Looking forward to you next series 4 MOC default_classic.gif

Nice! I love it, the whole setting and inside the tree stump is just so lovely.

I love your landscape Etzel!

The three color water gives an idea of the depth of the pond :thumbup:

The interior of the hutt is very cute :classic: How his the chimney held at this angle?

Edited by Decale

I love your landscape Etzel!

The three color water gives an idea of the depth of the pond :thumbup:

The interior of the hutt is very cute :classic: How his the chimney hold at this angle?

By a lever. Not very stable but it works for a photo :wink:

By a lever. Not very stable but it works for a photo :wink:

Oh thanks, I finally figured it out when I took a look at your 3 big flowers which are (I suppose) on a little 3branch grass part. That's a clever way to put some variety in the greenery!

This is fantastic, the scenery way out does the new gnome figure. I love his hut and the landscape. I'm such a fan of tiles, I love it.

You sure are on a 'MOCing roll' Etzel, yet another creative build for a CMS4 minifig. The whole vig does exude a peaceful and serene environment for our little Gnome friend's humble abode, especially with the surrounding verdant greeneries and running water. The tree house is very well done and really looks comfy and cozy inside. Great overall work once again! :thumbup:

This is a lovely little scene, and I really like the interior of the tree.

AWESOME 'Etzel' ! :sweet:

Great greenery and even better gnome house with his loot under the floor boards ! :grin:

Just some fantastic designing there and K.O.B. 'Etzel' ! :grin: