• Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!

Name: Lego Pirates Tic Tac Toe

Theme: Pirates

Year: 2009

Minifigs: 10

Price: USD 19.99 ?

While a review for a minifig pack like this can be boring, I tried to add some flavors to it to make it more interesting, I hope this works.

But let me answer a few key questions first:

Q. Can the tiles on the Tic Tac Toe plate be removed?

A. Yes, I did it, but the plate of course is glued seems uneasy to be removed, I have not forced the issue for fear of damaging the box, can someone who owns the older Tic Tac Toe sets share some clue? I think I may have made the wrong conclusion earlier (my fault)

PiratesTicTacToeRemovable5235.JPG

Q. Are they regular minifigs?

A. I believe so, see the anatomy of the selected minifigs below

PiratesTicTacToeMinifig5261.JPG

PiratesTicTacToeMinifig5263.JPG

Q. Is it fun to play with?

A. if you really play Tic Tac Toe with it, it is. But.....

Let me show the full cast in close up:

PiratesTicTacToeRemovable5235_Faces.JPG

And the packaging is quite smart, you can fold it this way for easy storage:

PiratesTicTacToe5224.JPG

How about playing a game first?

PiratesTicTacToeCompete5310.JPG

Which somehow ends up in a mess (Please see my blog for what happened: http://brickand.me/2009/08/01/AnExoticRevi...sTicTacToe.aspx )

PiratesTicTacToeCompete5351.JPG

So instead of competing, may be we can try something else...

PiratesTicTacToeDance5374.JPG

PiratesTicTacToeDance5379.JPG

How about a dance?

PiratesTicTacToeDance5376.JPG

Grab a set of Lego Pirates Tic Tac Toe, and have fun in a way - whatever way you can imagine...

Edited by Phred

SAHWEEEEEEEEEEEET! How many did your lego store have in stock, I think I'll head over to mine today to see if they have any. $20 is awesome, only $2 per fig. I'm buying at least 5 if they have them.

Great Review, and really answers alot of the questions flying around about this set.

You've get it so early! :pir_laugh2:

So about review:

Quite good, but you could take photos which show minifigs' faces better than this first photo. You maked small FAQ - good. :thumbup::pir-sweet: That alternate use of this set is also nice. :pir-wink:

About set:

Good source of minifigs and accesories, but unfortunately nothing more (hmm... maybe some RedBrown tiles :pir-tongue: ). But Tic Tac Toe is a good game as long as you don't tie. :pir-laugh: Plate isn't removable? That's bad! :thumbdown:

That's all I have to say.

EDIT: Those polish Lego prices are unpredictable, but I buy it when it come in good polish price.

EDIT2: Thanks Parchioso. :wink: Faces aren't special but pirate with blue jacket face. :pir-classic:

Edited by Dr Kilroy

You've get it so early! :pir_laugh2:

So about review:

Quite good, but you could take photos which show minifigs' faces better than this first photo. You maked small FAQ - good. :thumbup::pir-sweet: That alternate use of this set is also nice. :pir-wink:

About set:

Good source of minifigs and accesories, but unfortunately nothing more (hmm... maybe some RedBrown tiles :pir-tongue: ). But Tic Tac Toe is a good game as long as you don't tie. :pir-laugh: Plate isn't removable? That's bad! :thumbdown:

That's all I have to say.

EDIT: Those polish Lego prices are unpredictable, but I buy it when it come in good polish price.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have added a close up picture showing the faces of the minifigs.

SAHWEEEEEEEEEEEET! How many did your lego store have in stock, I think I'll head over to mine today to see if they have any. $20 is awesome, only $2 per fig. I'm buying at least 5 if they have them.

Great Review, and really answers alot of the questions flying around about this set.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I got this from the Lego booth in a Hong Kong ani-com event (we have to pay more here at around USD 30), but it is now available on Lego shopping site (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=852750&cn=554&d=70) for USD 19.99, so many others like you should be able to get one soon.

Very good review :thumbup: .

And this set could be a good armybuilder too if you can use or sell the pirates at least.

And this set could be a good armybuilder too if you can use or sell the pirates at least.

I just can't stop thinking about this set.....perfect army builder for Pirates and Soldiers. Thanks again Parchioso for posting these great pics.

Thanks for the review. Is that base plate really stuck/glued/whatever to the packaging, so that you can't use it separately?

Thanks for the review. Is that base plate really stuck/glued/whatever to the packaging, so that you can't use it separately?

Thanks for raising this question, I think I jumped into conclusion too quick (my fault), I think it may probably be removed with care, but I am not sure as I don't feel like forcing the issue (I have clumsy hands), perhaps owners of other Tic Tac Toe set can share some clues.

Judging from the pictues, the packaging looks really nice, so if I would buy it I may also elect to leave the baseplate attached to the rest of the packaging. But perhaps someone else has removed it from this or previous tic-tac-toe games and can share their thoughts on the issue...

Right now I'm thinking about the person who works in the factory sitting by the bucket of red brown rifles and has to bend the arm and place the rifle in the hand the right way. Do you think they hate their job?

Right now I'm thinking about the person who works in the factory sitting by the bucket of red brown rifles and has to bend the arm and place the rifle in the hand the right way. Do you think they hate their job?

Any possibility that Lego factory has some sort of equipment to automate this process?

On the box it says "the components are made in Denmark, Austria and China"

On the box it says "the components are made in Denmark, Austria and China"

If you pop off the arms of the minifigs, do they have any type of stamp on the inside of the arm?

Thanks for the review, great pics. I can't wait to pick up some of these sets.

If there is any pirate collectors out there who want to trade their soldiers for pirates, please message me.

Thanks for the review, great pics. I can't wait to pick up some of these sets.

If there is any pirate collectors out there who want to trade their soldiers for pirates, please message me.

Sure, send me your redcoasts Dr. and I will send you a bunch of BrickBeards :) LOL I know what you meant.

If you pop off the arms of the minifigs, do they have any type of stamp on the inside of the arm?

I would assume so, as there is no printing on the necks. Could we see a pic of the inside of an arm?

I am an owner of the castle tic-tack-toe game and the base is glued to the box. I removed the base but there is glue on the bottom though.

I was thinking of getting multiples of this set for the minifigs, but the base plate has glue all over it? What am I going to do with all those tic tac toe boxes? I guess I could try making mini dioramas. And if they is big enough to close with minifigs on it (any owner would like to confirm/deny?), I guess the box provides easy storage.

EDIT: So to the people with multiples of this set, what do you do with the extra boxes?

Edited by lego40k

I've got 4 tic tacs on the way, so I will probably have 4 Brick Beards and maybe a Wench for trade. PM me if any of you have extra red coats or Broadsides to trade.

Great review! :thumbup:

I shall certainly be getting several of these once they appear in the UK! Just the army builder we need!

Also, If you buy like 10 of them, You can have the minifigures and use the brown tiles for decking a ship!

Just noticed that all of the minifigs have a different face. That is a definite plus. Need to pick up a couple of these.

Hello, sorry for necromancing but I would like to know if this nice set is still available at regular shops? I do not find it anywhere (i even checked out Ebay), but I could need this, because it would be a great armybuilder (4 pirates, 1 captain, 4 soldiers, 1 officer, 4 guns, 4 pistols and 2 cutlasses... very nice!).

Edited by josykay