Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

CONTEST: Build the mystery Exo-Force promo 3872 Robo Chopper

Entries for the Build the mystery Exo-Force promo 3872 Robo Chopper contest go here. I have made my entry already to prove to myself that it is possible... but I have not posted it here yet. This is because;

1. I don't want to inspire anyone!
  2. I don't want to prevent someone making a MOC just the same. (Remember only one of each design is allowed!)
  3. I am scared of rejection. :'-(

I will post mine close to the deadline. Remember keep the discussion to the main topic. All non-entires will be deleted. Have fun!

Here is a composite multi-angle pic of my idea of the Robo Chopper, and here is a LDraw 3D version (Note: You will need to download many parts from the Parts Tracker in order to view my model properly in 3D mode. Put all downloaded parts in the C:\LDRAW\PARTS folder, any subfiles in the C:\LDRAW\PARTS\S folder, any primitives in the C:\LDRAW\P folder, and any 48-segment primitives in the C:\LDRAW\P\48 folder. The robot leg, which originally came from here, has been converted into a usable format by me here.)

Since this is supposed to be a 2008 EXO-FORCE promo, I kinda thought it might resemble one of this year's existing sets somewhat, so I based its design off the Storm Lasher. At first, I thought I was going to need two 1x2 bricks with axleholes to effectively use the large axle, but then it occurred to me that the robot minifig torso has an axlehole in the back of its head, so many of the parts are mounted there on my MOC. I made an effort to use every part on the list (including the doubles ;-) ) in this MOC.

-Toa Of Justice

This took me surprisingly ages to make, I wanted to use ALL the parts. All pieces are there, albeit a couple in different colours, but I don't think it detracts from the moc.

p1210339.jpg

Its more of a plane than a chopper, but I guess it does "chop" on trees and growth in its path >:-)

p1210343.jpg

I'm really happy with it, I wanted to make it as compact as I could and it seems a bit like something TLC would make.

p1210346.jpg

This is a great little competition, nice and short. I think in the future we should have more little contests like these running alongside the larger ones like the neighborhood contest. *sweet*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

chopper1_sm.jpgchopper2_sm.jpgchopper3_sm.jpg

All clicky to bigger images (but why? :-|)

As you will see in the first 2 pics, I wasn't entirly convinced that using the part off to the side would enhance the model, so I came up with two, count 'em, two lame theories!

1. It was included to make it possible to build the alternate model, the motorcycle! X-D

2. It's a new kind of Exo-Force flick missile, but instead of being mounted somewhere, you just hold it between two fingers and flick!

The alternative was to just shove it somewhere (by the time I had tried moving it to 14 different places, I was about ready to shove it somewhere >:-().

So there you have it. ;-)

Well as I do not have all the parts here is the best I could do:

A robo chopper motorbike!

pc050703.jpg

From the side:

pc050705.jpg

It is equipped with a laser gun too!

And from the back:

pc050706.jpg

OK, here's mine and I used all parts:

It's equiped with a laser, a machine gun and a dual searchlight:

rc_002.jpg

Front:

rc_001.jpg

Back without pilot:

rc_004.jpg

Edited by zero1312

Here is my entry:

exo01.jpg

exo02.jpg

exo03.jpg

I also used every piece. This took me a lot more time than I expected as this was a lot more difficult than I thought. This was quite a challenge as I don't like to be limited.