Bonaparte

EB 2011 Windsor Event: Program and information

We are staying in Windsor (UK) at Sunningdale Park (a very nice hotel and conference centre in a green environment about 10 minutes drive south from Legoland).

The address of the Hotel address is Sunningdale Park, Larch Avenue, Ascot SL5 0Q

If people want to know our exact whereabouts during the event (for example, people from the UK who only join part of the program) you can send me an PM and I'll reply you with my mobile number. That way you can send an SMS at any time to find us. Easiest is to join us in the morning at the hotel before we start our day program.

Thursday 2nd of June:

- Day at the LEGO park (park opens at 10h)

- Evening drinks, socializing and fun contests

Friday 3rd of June:

- Around 8h30 (depending on the travel time - to be checked) we leave the hotel in group and at 9h we are expected at the LEGO offices where we'll stay till 12h. I won't share the detailed program, the eventees will find out :devil:

- 12h-13h/13h30: Lunch

- Afternoon: Visiting Windsor castle and other interesting places in Windsor

- 19h: Presentation and discussion covering multiple topics like Eurobricks, the LEGO online community, LEGO etc.) - Location: Sunningdale Park hotel - Sharpe building, room B

- Evening drinks, socializing and fun contests

Saturday 4th of June:

- Day at the LEGO park, socializing, drinks, fun contests, etc.

Sunday 5th of June:

- After breakfast we return to our homes, looking forward to next year's event.

Of course there will be some surprises during the event so this is just the high-level overview of the program :sweet:

UPDATE: Some first hand info about the hotel (since I already arrived):

- Towels are available in the room

- There's free WiFi in the rooms and it's super fast :thumbup:

- There's a HEATED outside pool :wub:, so bring your swimming gear

- Good restaurant, nice pub to hang out, ... :sweet:

- It's situated in the nice green countryside, with a nice lake on the huge hotel terrain.

- Rooms are clean, with bath, hairdryer available, ...

Couldn't be better, I could stay here forever!

Looks good, but hang on ´til the end of the week for more info :sweet:!

Finally! default_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gif

Can't wait to get a more detailed description on "contests". default_classic.gif

I just called the hotel and they confirmed we can use a projector and screen for our Friday evening presentation :thumbup:

sounds great!! :tongue: i guess i'll go to the boards now and start catching up, otherwise i'll just be a very silent partner over there! :hmpf_bad:

In regards to the trip to Legoland, how is this being arranged? Have we got hold of a deal or anything of that like? The same with the trip to Windsor castle?

-Sir Norman "Want a deal? Let me get my trenchcoat..." Ray.

In regards to the trip to Legoland, how is this being arranged? Have we got hold of a deal or anything of that like? The same with the trip to Windsor castle?

Via the booking agency we used for the hotel we can get a special deal I understood from Superkale. But arranging all that in advance (also money wise) would be rather impossible. I could give them a call and check what kind of deal we can get and maybe we can go there on Thursday morning to purchase the tickets for Legoland and the castle. The agency is in Windsor, so should be doable by car.

Via the booking agency we used for the hotel we can get a special deal I understood from Superkale. But arranging all that in advance (also money wise) would be rather impossible. I could give them a call and check what kind of deal we can get and maybe we can go there on Thursday morning to purchase the tickets for Legoland and the castle. The agency is in Windsor, so should be doable by car.

Okay, thanks man!

-Sir Norman "Relieved? Whisky time!" Ray.

Looks good, but hang on ´til the end of the week for more info :sweet:!

Still in negotiating mode - stay cool :sweet:!

Still in negotiating mode - stay cool :sweet:!

Good to read that, but it's getting hotter and hotter at my place! :grin:

Too bad I'll be in Chicago, Illinois during the event. It would be fun, but I am against flying over oceans. On a boat, you have life boats. You don't see very many planes with life planes, now do you? :wink:

Too bad I'll be in Chicago, Illinois during the event. It would be fun, but I am against flying over oceans. On a boat, you have life boats. You don't see very many planes with life planes, now do you? :wink:

No, they come with life rafts and life preservers. Which are designed to open automatically as soon as the door is opened as soon as the plane takes off. (Did you know that when the captain anounces cross check, thats the air crew arming those things?) And besides, statistically, traveling by air is the safest way.

And grow up! I travel to Seattle for BrickCon for the third time this year, from England, on my own.

-Sir Norman "Because in my family, if your gonna do it right, do it the dumbest way possible." Ray.

Concerning Legoland: We found a 2 for 1 voucher for Legoland Windsor in the Wii version of Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4 and we'll use it for the event. Might be a nice reason for others to get the game :)

Thanks for the updates.

I have work commitments around the time of the event BUT as a 'local' who also has an annual pass to LEGOLAND Windsor I will hopefully be able to hook up with you guys for at least some of the programme..... looking forward to more specifics (times and exact locations of activities) so I can plan.

Any idea when a detailed agenda will be available ?

D.

Thanks for the updates.

I have work commitments around the time of the event BUT as a 'local' who also has an annual pass to LEGOLAND Windsor I will hopefully be able to hook up with you guys for at least some of the programme..... looking forward to more specifics (times and exact locations of activities) so I can plan.

Any idea when a detailed agenda will be available ?

D.

The location of the presentation/workshop (Friday 19h) will be in the Sunningdale Park hotel at Windsor. I just added that info in the program (first post of this thread).

The location of the presentation/workshop (Friday 19h) will be in the Sunningdale Park hotel at Windsor. I just added that info in the program (first post of this thread).

Thanks, Bonaparte - helpful. I will keep checking back for more details as we get nearer the event.

You may not remember this, but it was you that originally told me of the existence of Eurobricks a few years back when I contacted you about a set on your Bricklink store. I'm looking forward to putting a face to the avatar !

Cheers,

D.

Hey there, not been online for a while. Whats the costs etc. I live very near to Windsor

Edited by Burf2000

I might come down for a drink! I'm minutes from Windsor and it'd be nice to meet some LEGO fans.

Hey there, not been online for a while. Whats the costs etc. I live very near to Windsor

There are no costs involved except entrance for the park or Windsor castle if you want to join for those parts of the event. If you join us on Friday evening you can join the presentation (at 19h) which is in the hotel (so no cost involved).

Just a question, is there any meeting place or anything?

We all stay in the same hotel (address see first post) and we'll leave each day from there. The presentation on Friday will be in the hotel also. I guess that after breakfast we will try to leave the hotel in group. I estimate that will be around 9h-9h30 each day. If you send me a PM I can give you my mobile number so you could SMS me if you like to know where we are on a certain moment.

We all stay in the same hotel (address see first post) and we'll leave each day from there. The presentation on Friday will be in the hotel also. I guess that after breakfast we will try to leave the hotel in group. I estimate that will be around 9h-9h30 each day. If you send me a PM I can give you my mobile number so you could SMS me if you like to know where we are on a certain moment.

I think handing out a mobile number would be a good idea, since apparently there is a number of people not staying at the hotel because they live nearby. Same for us :)

I think handing out a mobile number would be a good idea, since apparently there is a number of people not staying at the hotel because they live nearby. Same for us :)

Send me a PM is you want my mobile number, so you can always SMS or call to get our whereabouts. I'd rather not share it via the public forums.

Send me a PM is you want my mobile number, so you can always SMS or call to get our whereabouts. I'd rather not share it via the public forums.

Nah, I wouldn't have expected it :wink:

I'll be in touch!

Any more details about the possible visit to the LEGO call center on Friday afternoon yet ? I'd be interested to know what there is to see. I'll try and get the afternoon off work to join with you guys for the trip if possible.

D.