Sign in to follow this  
waltzking

MOC: Corner Candy

indexed.gif B-OM-18A

Just wanted to share some on my Corner Candy modular building design which many have really enjoyed and shown interest in. I designed it a while back as a candy store with apartment above. There are 3 levels in all with another spiral staircase inside leading the the upper level of the apartment. It is built in the CCC modular style so I could add it to my own town layout. Each level is tiled for removal like the official sets.

The special highlights and my own favorite aspects of the model are the spiral stairs and textures I used. The flower beds were also a fun design and challenge to work into the model. I tried to make it in a some what Victorian style, thus the seeming overkill of colors and design styles. :wink:

I have finally put it on CUUSOO due to popularity. You can add your support here if you like it: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/15425 Your support goes a long way towards helping fellow collectors be able to get this model to add to their collections.

Comment away and let me know what you think.

Jonathan (waltzking)

post-9538-133583997403.jpg

Rather than having Eurobricks as a billboard for Cuusoo projects we prefer people to post a MOC and then if they happen to also have it on Cuusoo to just put a link in that thread. If you'd like to do just that, I can move this into town and change the title to reflect that.

I'd like you to edit it, though, to present it as a stand alone MOC rather than a Cuusoo project. Tell us a little about it. Interesting features, what you like most about it. Then people can comment on the build itself. If you want to add "I've put it on Cuusoo" and link to the project at the end, that's perfectly fine.

If you'd like to do just that, I can move this into town and change the title to reflect that.

Please do. I looked for that info, but did not find it until I had posted. I will edit the post shortly...

Very nice modular indeed. There is a lot going on, it looks, itself like a piece of candy! I really like the staircase on the side It's very unique. Good luck on Cuusoo default_classic.gif

your building looks as sweet as the name of the building! :thumbup: I like the details on the facade!

I have seen this exact MOC before somewhere did you have it on ebay for a while? Anyway nice work I love all the details.

It seems a bit cluttered for my tastes, but would probably be fun to build.

Very nice modular. I really like the many of the details, but in some cases it is a little over done. Reminds me a little of a gingerbread house.

I really like the exterior staircase going to a second floor entry. The third floor balcony is also quite nice.

The only cons (for me) is a little too much clutter and there are just a few too many different pastel like colors, maybe few less different colors would be nice.

Overall, quite nice.

The PDF instructions on his Bricklink store are reasonably priced, but I believe the complete kit at $1,475.00 is a little over the top.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I have seen this exact MOC before somewhere did you have it on ebay for a while? Anyway nice work I love all the details.

I have instructions there and have posted on a few other sites int he past, so probably where you saw it.

Very nice MOC with beautiful colors and nice architecture. :thumbup:

Do you have other pictures taken more closely?

Are there interior of this awesome building?

The cuusoo listing has my Flicr stream link with more photos.

The PDF instructions on his Bricklink store are reasonably priced, but I believe the complete kit at $1,475.00 is a little over the top.

Well, that price is only due to my last model being my own. :wink: I'd part with it for that price, but when I have a kit in stock they are only $475.

It seems a bit cluttered for my tastes, but would probably be fun to build.

It does - it would certainly stand out in a city of modulars, but it gives me a sort-of Mr. Magarium's Wonder Emporium feel, and I like that... it's nice to have things stand out in a city. It's nice to have things that remind me of Natalie Portman, too.

As for Cuusoo... I'm sorry, but I was one of the whiners about too many Cuusoo posts, but I stand by that. I visit once ever week or so and go through every single new entry to try to find ones to support, and when I do that I will definitely vote for this one. I love all the little details. It would probably cost a fortune as a LEGO set... but it would probably cost more to buy the pieces. I'm sure TLG would butcher it down to a $200 or below price range, but I'm willing to bet I'd still like it.

Moved. Let me know if you want a different title for it. Thanks for understanding.

If you could change it to "Corner Candy Modular Building MOC" that would be great plus a little more descriptive. Thanks!

Great building, albeit a bit cluttered. There's just a lot to look at on the outside. I really like the staircase on the outside. I think you should simply the outside a bit, take the minifigs on the top off, the roof would look just fine without them. I supported this on Cuusoo. I'm sure LEGO would do a lot of work to get the piece count down to better fit the $150-200 price range the Modulars currently sit under.

Great building, albeit a bit cluttered. There's just a lot to look at on the outside. I really like the staircase on the outside. I think you should simply the outside a bit, take the minifigs on the top off, the roof would look just fine without them. I supported this on Cuusoo. I'm sure LEGO would do a lot of work to get the piece count down to better fit the $150-200 price range the Modulars currently sit under.

Thanks. Many have mentioned the busy aspect, but that was part of the intent. I'm sure LEGO would modify it some though as is the cost is not really to bad. You can get all parts far less than any older modular and on par with current ones. Should make for a LEGO produced set of about the save value/price and part count.