I saw a video clip from an old 80s TV show, where there was a scene similiar to this one. I thought that scene represented a kitchen from the 70/80s very well, and I got very inspired to build it in LEGO!

I thought it was interesting to build in a larger scale, because some LEGO parts can then resemble new things (such as the lamp and the blinds) that they normally would not in minifig scale.

15645000696_5bec57df65_z.jpg

This is awesome. The scale works very well with the parts used. I love the radiator! And the blinds! And the tablecloth! Heck.. I love the whole build

Wow, looks like my first apartment, love the mustard-yellow colored countertops and orange walls. You are just missing the avocado-green colored refrigerator

Omg looks like a real kitchen from circa 80's! Looks like the on from Back to the future a bit... Amazing styling skills man!

The flowerpot looks like this pot.

I've always had problems with scale. This looks superb though! I'd love to try my hand at this sometime.

Thanks for your comments! :laugh:

The sockets! The door handles! Is that a white spaceman helmet for the radiator control ? And what piece did you use for the flower pot?

Genius!

Yes that is a white spaceman hemlet, and the flower pot is this one.

Edited by LegoJalex

My eye went straight to the venetian blinds, a wonderful use of parts.

Overall, it reminds me of my own (dated) kitchen, but I won't hold that against you :sweet:

Great work.

Amazing design, looks a lot like the one from that rotating carousel of time or whatever at Disneyland (world?) in Orlando, Florida.

My eye went straight to the venetian blinds, a wonderful use of parts.

Overall, it reminds me of my own (dated) kitchen, but I won't hold that against you :sweet:

Great work.

Amazing design, looks a lot like the one from that rotating carousel of time or whatever at Disneyland (world?) in Orlando, Florida.

Very beautiful work!

Thanks! Nice to hear you like it! Have not seen that rotating carousel at Disneyland though :classic:

The colors were very cheerful earth tones of the seventies and eighties. The design makes it look real; congrats on a fine build resembling kitchens many of us had.

The colors were very cheerful earth tones of the seventies and eighties. The design makes it look real; congrats on a fine build resembling kitchens many of us had.

Thanks! :classic: