Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

Creation - LL-447 "Mantis" Class Starfighter.

The one-man LL-447 "Mantis" is a ground-based multi-role combat starfighter that is primarily used for long-range high speed interdiction and heavy strikes on enemy assets.

Able to mount up to four Class IX "Ship-killer" missiles or tactical warheads, the "Mantis" excels in deep strike missions undertaken without capital ship support, and is also capable of operating as a space superiority fighter if the need arises.

Utilising and building upon many of the design concepts of the LL-444 "Gnat" interceptor and the LL-445 "MayFly" shuttle, the LL-447 also differs from those designs in that its design is solely reliant on a single heavy-duty powerplant for function.

Just another ship in the Neo-Classic Space colour scheme, albeit this time I've actually bothered to design it from the outset to have proper landing gear.

The result of two evenings of boredom, this took about 12 hours to build and another 5 hours to make the photos look pretty.

Click on each image for a larger version.

001_LL_447_Mantis_In_Flight.jpg

002_LL_447_Mantis_Overview.jpg

003_LL_447_Mantis_Landed.jpg

Click here for a full set of images.

Dr. S.

Hello!

This is an excellent starship for the neo-classic space theme. It has the right colours, and lots of details. I like the slight angle of the main wings and the detailed weaponry attached under them. Using the Fabuland propeller motor block is very original! Great piece usage! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great-looking ship! As always, I love the smoothness of the SNOT finish, and nice use of the City space jacket. The first photo is very nicely done too. Very good job Dr. S! :thumbup:

A beautiful classic space inspired fighter with cool SNOT wings :thumbup: - excellent work 'Doctor Sinister' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Good job on this! I love the classic space color scheme and feel, it also looks a lot like an F-302 from Stargate.