Special K

JopieK

Spacefan

hewkii9

Peppermint_M

lightningtiger

DeathMakuta

efullner

If you guys know anyone else who might sign please PM them and get their name or tell them about it!!!

Thanks!!!

Edited by Special K

Well, it would be nice, I didn't see all doctor who episodes, but at least some... A nice dark blue phone booth etc ;)

Online petitions like this make me sad. They typically generate false hope for well-intentioned goals. An informal petition on one single internet forum targeted at a different fanbase than LEGO's target audience isn't going to convince LEGO to make any decision as huge as a new licensed theme. Unless, of course, they would come to the decision on their own, in which case the petition is just as useless. LEGO does plenty of their own research on what themes kids want, and if a LEGO Doctor Who theme will ever be possible it will come about by LEGO's own initiative, not by the petitioning of a small and non-representative sample of fans.

Doctor Who is awesome, but I've never watched an episode (regrettably). Someday...

This would make for an awesome UK exclusive theme.

But the franchise never realy made it big in the States, so I don't know if TLG could justify the economics of it. Classic Space was on store shelves when Doctor Who was in its North American heyday, but even then was commercially and popularly overshadowed by Star Wars and Star Trek.

Awesome idea in itself however.

Online petitions like this make me sad. They typically generate false hope for well-intentioned goals. An informal petition on one single internet forum targeted at a different fanbase than LEGO's target audience isn't going to convince LEGO to make any decision as huge as a new licensed theme. Unless, of course, they would come to the decision on their own, in which case the petition is just as useless. LEGO does plenty of their own research on what themes kids want, and if a LEGO Doctor Who theme will ever be possible it will come about by LEGO's own initiative, not by the petitioning of a small and non-representative sample of fans.

Doctor Who is awesome, but I've never watched an episode (regrettably). Someday...

Agreed This theme is never going to happen the Dr. Who TV series isn't even targeted at kids you guys are wasting your time. :hmpf_bad:

if a LEGO Doctor Who theme will ever be possible it will come about by LEGO's own initiative, not by the petitioning of a small and non-representative sample of fans.

Exactly. Don't Mr Spielbrick, Doctor Sinister, Forresto and myself [among others, off the top of my head] make a good enough unofficial theme anyways? If you want a Doctor Who theme, just go and build it. That's more Doctor Who than buying your adventures in a cardboard box.

A well-done Doctor Who theme would have to be absolutely massive [you need around thirty unique minifigures minifigures just to appease the fans, then you'll make the villains], and there aren't really that many opportunities for good sets out of New Who. A TARDIS playset, the Valiant, maybe a Dalek ship? As far as design the theme would be inconsistent too, which would make it costlier. Doesn't it cost more to design a Venetian manor, a forest in a spaceship, a big blue house, and a French chapel than to design four white spaceships?

All that being said, I'd walk through a forest of statuary for a Time of Angels playset and a long scarf piece, so consider myself signed as well.

Agreed This theme is never going to happen the Dr. Who TV series isn't even targeted at kids you guys are wasting your time. :hmpf_bad:

It is in the UK... This is why it plays at about six in the evening. Why you can get a huge stack of action figures, voice changers, fancy dress costumes and accessories. Not to mention the pajamas, bead sheets, curtains, lamps, Spagettie Shapes, Lunch boxes, Tardis play tents, drink bottles and the kids magazine series that comes out about every week. And the kids tv "magazine show" Blue Peter has a contest once a year to design something to turn up in one of the "Doctor/Assisstant lite" episodes (eg. The monster in Love and Monsters and the home made Tardis controls in The Lodger). Most decidedly child popular here in the UK.

There is a slightly more for kids series, The Sarah Jane Adventures which helpfully in the gap between series of Doctor Who, on the BBC kids channel, which also has a selection of toys. Then there is Torchwood, which is for adults and thus far all I have seen is more detailed action figures for the collector.

However, the size of the market means there won't be Lego sets. The UK isn't big enough to support a seperate theme, and Doctor Who isn't as popular in the rest of the world. There is a possiblity that a some other brand might try and make them.

I feel we would have more of a chance with Space 1999, or BSG or even Buck Rogers.....over the good Doctor. Lego sci-fi is generally vehicle based and in Doctor Who....there is a police call box !

Star Wars and even SP3 have lots of vehicles....on saying that brick built baddies from Doctor Who would be COOL !

Mark me down as a YES anyway.....I would want my own K-9 with laser nose. :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The problem with Doctor Who is that there aren't that many memorable ships or settings. The minifigures and the TARDIS would be the real highlight. LEGO could do a Dalek saucer, etc. and some interesting scene recreations, but the real stars would be the figures. At least it has more possibilities than Star Trek. Also, Doctor Who LEGO would probably sell great in the UK, but I'm not sure it has enough exposure elsewhere in the world.

Try to make some classic characters aswell as new characters. Try even statues. A weeping angel statue in light/dark grey would be awesome. Also minifigures are welcomed

I'll for sure sign.

I, for one, like the suit torsos and a LEGO Doctor Who means more of those, plus robots.

Thankyou to all those legends so far!!!:

Special K

JopieK

Spacefan

hewkii9

Peppermint_M

lightningtiger

DeathMakuta

efullner

If you guys know anyone else who might sign please PM them and get their name or tell them about it!!!

Thanks!!!