MadManMingo

LEGO Sale in Denmark - When?

Hey

For the last couple of years, the Danish warehouse "Bilka" have had a 40% discount sale on all Lego, around juli/august. Yes, a sweet time of the year :wink:

As I recal, it was week 32 last summer. A friend of mine had a relativ who worked there, and gave us the exact date, so we could stay prepared. But that person doesn't work in "Bilka" anymore :hmpf:

Is there any danish AFOL's who know the exact date or week number, where "Bilka" goes Lego bonanza?

I've been planning my entire Lego shopping after this sale for the last two years; my shopping list currently adds up to approximately 4500 Kr. after the discount.

I don't know the exact date or week, but I've signed up for Bilka's e-mail newsletter so I'll know it a few days ahead. You might want to do that; I can't guarantee I'll remember, but if I do get the notion, I'll try to post the date here. =)

Do you know when they started doing this, by the way? I've only known about it for the past two years, and the first year I was just lucky to be there while it was going on, so I'd had no time to plan my purchases, and walked away with nothing but a Dwarf Mine.

EDIT: I just realised that I'd claimed to know the date a few years ahead. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I meant days. :laugh:

Edited by Multiverse

I've been waiting patiently for the same thing (sort of) - only with a bit different outlook; every time one or more themes are replcaed by new ones, Bilka usually sell the old ones at 50 % off. I got half of the Kingdoms line this way, and I was hoping to get my hands on several of the POTC sets this way as well. And since LOTR and Monster Fighters are being introduced next month (I think), I'm expecting such a 50 % sale (on discontinued themes at least) to hit soon... and thus, I've been checking Bilka's papers twice per week for a while. I could probably settle for 40 % off, though. :tongue:

I've been waiting patiently for the same thing (sort of) - only with a bit different outlook; every time one or more themes are replcaed by new ones, Bilka usually sell the old ones at 50 % off. I got half of the Kingdoms line this way, and I was hoping to get my hands on several of the POTC sets this way as well. And since LOTR and Monster Fighters are being introduced next month (I think), I'm expecting such a 50 % sale (on discontinued themes at least) to hit soon... and thus, I've been checking Bilka's papers twice per week for a while. I could probably settle for 40 % off, though. :tongue:

Oh, that's a nice bit of info! I got most of the Atlantis line that way, but I didn't know it was something they did systematically.

I desperately hope Monster Fighters and LotR will reach Danish stores before the sale begins.

Oh, that's a nice bit of info! I got most of the Atlantis line that way, but I didn't know it was something they did systematically.

I desperately hope Monster Fighters and LotR will reach Danish stores before the sale begins.

My local Føtex did it as well with all sets, though their selection was limited and they only had 22 POTC sets... a few HP, Ninjago and mostly SW and Cars... though their pricing actually went below 50 % initially and even lower after a few weeks, to get rid of the rest! I got myself some Series 4 and 5 minifigs for 5 kr. each. But this was a local store thing only, unfortunately.

I can see that online shops are sending out orders on LOTR from August 1, so I would *assume* that clearance sales in Bilka will begin next week...

Thanks for your comments :classic:

I think it's about 3 or 4 years now, that Bilka has had til 40% sale. For the last 2 years I've maneged to find out the date in proper time. Then I've made my puchases nice and quiet friday or saturday. And when mayhem struck sunday or monday, and everyone was fighting over the same box, I went off to Bilka with all my loot after a good long sleep, showed my receipt to the nice lady, and got my 40% back. No stress :wink:

Anyone who knows the exact date???

Edited by MadManMingo

And when mayhem struck sunday or monday, and everyone was fighting over the same box, I went off to Bilka with all my loot after a good long sleep, showed my receipt to the nice lady, and got my 40% back. No stress :wink:

Wait, what? You can do that? *huh*

I wouldn't have expected that, but I guess it's reasonable - you show the receipt and ask for your money back, and you will of course be given the amount which you've paid for it, not the amount which the product currently costs. Then you spend those money on what is, for all intents and purposes, other (but coincidentally identical) sets, and you conveniently won't have to gather them because you can just ask for those sets behind the counter which've just been turned back.

Sneaky. Quite clever, though I'm still surprised they haven't just found a way to avoid it (such as temporarily disallowing returns of items on sale).

Well I've done so for the last two years. I think they have to do so, because as a customer, you are protected by law. The store cannot deny you a refund.

I don't have the exact paragraph, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

Watch out for week 32 or 33. But most likely 32 considering the dates of the last few years sales. A quick googling, show that the sale's was around these dates the last couple if years. Keep your eyes open and your wallet fat :tongue:

I just went through next week's offers from Bilka: nothing...

RED ALERT - WE HAVE CONFIRMATION!!!!!

The danish 40% sale in Bilka, will start this sunday (05-08-2012) at 10.00 and go on for the following week.

I went to our local store twice this week. Monday there weren't signs of anything. But today, thursday, they had cleared a big area that usually holds furniture, and it was FILLED with Lego. All of it was at normal prices of course, but there were no doubt, what they were prepairing for.

Still I needed the absolute confirmation. There's a set i'm on the hunt for, that wasn't on the shelfs, so I asked somebody who workes there. He told me personally, that the sale was starting this sunday, and that they had enourmous amounts out back.

So smash the poor piggy and get planning :tongue:

Edited by MadManMingo

Fantastic news, thanks!

I was hoping for 50 % off clearance items, but oh well... The Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge will be worth it at 40 % as well. Maybe they only do the 50 % thing off in late december.

Whent for a little recon today :wink:

The guy in the local Bilka said, that they had around 10 big pallets out back, packed with Lego. So there would be plenty for the whole week.

Yeah right. Like I'm gonna wait for thursday and expect that THE set is still there... *huh*

Well, this is extremely lucky. I'm going on vacation this monday, so I'm pretty grateful they're open on sunday! :laugh:

Whent for a little recon today :wink:

The guy in the local Bilka said, that they had around 10 big pallets out back, packed with Lego. So there would be plenty for the whole week.

Yeah right. Like I'm gonna wait for thursday and expect that THE set is still there... *huh*

Now I'm curious - what set is THE set? =)

Well I've done so for the last two years. I think they have to do so, because as a customer, you are protected by law. The store cannot deny you a refund.

I don't have the exact paragraph, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

I checked on their website about this - you can't. It's not possible to get your whole money's worth back if the product in question has gone on sale:

Varen jeg købte er nu blevet billigere - betaler I differencen tilbage?

Prisen er gældende fra det øjeblik du gennemfører betalingen. Bilka er en butik med hyppige tilbud. Det vil ikke være muligt for os at lave disse hyppige tilbud, hvis vi dermed også var forpligtiget til at give tidligere kunder samme pris. Alle tilbud ville jo så være gældende fra det tidspunkt vi annoncerer dem, og det vil ikke være fair for de folk som venter til den dag hvor tilbuddet rent faktisk skulle starte og så oplever at hele partiet er solgt på forhånd.

Edited by Multiverse

I checked on their website about this - you can't. It's not possible to get your whole money's worth back if the product in question has gone on sale:

Ah yes but he's not asking for them to pay back the difference in price, he's outright returning the items (which they allow for x number of days just like any other shop) - and then, after having returned them and gotten his money back, he buys them again.

Anyway, I'm sadly going to have to cut back on what I otherwise planned to buy at this sale (or, rather, the 50 % clearance sale I was expecting) due to me having to buy a new computer last month. So I'll probably only end up buying 2-3 sets from the POTC range. Would have liked 3-4 more of them though, and just yesterday I noticed that Bilka have gotten LOTR sets as well now! Man, it will be hard to resist...

Ah yes but he's not asking for them to pay back the difference in price, he's outright returning the items (which they allow for x number of days just like any other shop) - and then, after having returned them and gotten his money back, he buys them again.

I see. They're actually taking measures to avoid people doing this, but there's still a way to get around it. That's pretty much immoral, then.

Edited by Multiverse

I see. They're actually taking measures to avoid people doing this, but there's still a way to get around it. That's pretty much immoral, then.

I think Dansk Supermarked will live. I find it hard to believe that it should be a problem.

I think Dansk Supermarked will live. I find it hard to believe that it should be a problem.

Well, it's not the stores who suffer. Bilka is going to sell their share of sets no matter what. I'm thinking more along the lines of What about the people who bothers coming to the store during the sale and finds particular sets out of stock because others have taken them earlier on, though still ending up saving the 40%?.

(Yes, that's a group which might just happen to include me, with the array of sets I intend to buy tomorrow. But I don't think the 'accuser' (accuser being in quotation marks since I don't really want to take the role as an accuser; I'm fine with others doing this, I'm just noting that it's not something that goes within my personal idea of ethics) doubling as the victim harms the argument in any way).

Too bad they don't seem to ship outside Denmark (atleast my visa is happy about this) =/

The easy way to avoid the queues is just to go online :laugh:, their website also have the discounts.

Yeah I didn't dare to wait and decided to get up freakishly early (considering it's sunday) to order The Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge. It ached me a bit that it was not my planned 50 % off, but I hope they'll be worth it. :classic:

Too bad they don't seem to ship outside Denmark (atleast my visa is happy about this) =/

Ya tried to order a technic crawler for that insane price, got to fill in the address, and there was no way to choose the country.

I Got myself some Super Heroes, Monster Fighters, City and Duplo sets. Only thing that was sold out was the big Friends sets.

I will go there this week and buy a lot of sets for my self and for some Swebrick members.

If any one wants some set i can buy them for you.

PM me for details around this.