Sign in to follow this  
UsernameMDM

Target Easter Polybags

Was at Target today and visited the Easter section. There were three slots for Lego, one marked City (empty), one marked Star Wars (empty), and the other had Duplo Farm which was stuffed with sets.

I found lots of the two City polybagged sets at the two Targets I visited - both were placed in the section that was reserved for the LEGO Star Wars polybags. The first one I visited (this one is the best Target I've even been to) had the Duplo sets, too. They're $3 and you get either an animal or a farmer figure and three 2 x 2 bricks.

I did pick up one copy of each City set, and they're great! If you combine Police Boat with 5612 Police Officer, you get a really cramped two person boat with lots of hi-tech stuff all over the place. :laugh:

Unfortunately the Star Wars sets were nowhere to be found. Hopefully the stock will change in a couple of weeks. :sceptic:

The two City sets ($3 each) were:

30002 Police Boat (released in the Daily Mirror, a UK newspaper, in 2009, but officially released in 2010):

30002-1.jpg

30010 (actual name is unknown):

30010-1.jpg

The randomized Duplo set (not so random since you can see through the bag) was set number 30060, but currently no BrickLink catalog exists.

I'll try to upload pics later, since I'm currently very busy.

Edited by ILikePi

I checked 3 targets stores in bayarea CA... they only have the city and duplo ones. I see the starwars tray on the shelf to be empty with the price tag $3.49. I asked the target employee to check for back stock. The guy said the system is showing 30pc in stock for all location and no back stock inventory. The guy said there must be some kind of error since all stores are showing the SAME inventory count (30pc) for the starwars one.

All this is getting me worried.. I really want the Xwings one...

BTW, that guy was very helpful and spent like 5min trying to figure out what was up...thumbs up for Targets..

I checked 3 targets stores in bayarea CA... they only have the city and duplo ones. I see the starwars tray on the shelf to be empty with the price tag $3.49. I asked the target employee to check for back stock. The guy said the system is showing 30pc in stock for all location and no back stock inventory. The guy said there must be some kind of error since all stores are showing the SAME inventory count (30pc) for the starwars one.

All this is getting me worried.. I really want the Xwings one...

BTW, that guy was very helpful and spent like 5min trying to figure out what was up...thumbs up for Targets..

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why both Targets I went to (I live in the Bay Area too) had City polybagged sets in the Star Wars price tagged spot. Hopefully this will be fixed soon in all the Bay Area Targets so we can get our Star Wars mini X-wings and Republic Attack Shuttles! :sweet: Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why both Targets I went to (I live in the Bay Area too) had City polybagged sets in the Star Wars price tagged spot. Hopefully this will be fixed soon in all the Bay Area Targets so we can get our Star Wars mini X-wings and Republic Attack Shuttles! :sweet:

Which Bay Area Targets did you go to? I have about 7 that are within 10 miles from where I live.

Which Bay Area Targets did you go to? I have about 7 that are within 10 miles from where I live.

This is turning into a Bay Area Target stock comparison thread... okay, my turn! :grin: I went to the Target in Redwood City on Thursday, and they didn't even have a spot for the sets yet. I'm hoping for better luck over the weekend.

I checked out Fremont (Fremont Ave), Fremont (Mowry), Milpitas (Montague) and no luck with starwars polybag.

But they do have plenty of fire chief and police boat.

I checked the one in the Fremont Hub and the one in the NewPark Mall (Newark). The Fremont Hub is one of the best Targets I've ever been to (and was the one that had both City and Duplo polybags). Usually they have everything all other Targets have, and more!
This is turning into a Bay Area Target stock comparison thread... okay, my turn! :grin:
:laugh:

I also live in the SF/Bay Area, It was my day off yesterday and visited the Target store at Serramonte Mall in Daly City. Found the 2 City and Duplo sets but not Star Wars. Next stop was the Target store in Colma... jackpot! As expected, there were less than 5 of each of the Star Wars sets, but plentiful of the City and Duplo sets. Didn't go to the one in Tanforan Park Mall...

For those of you who missed out, try tomorrow (Sunday) real early. A restock might be in progress tonight. Good luck to all you hunters out there.

Heh heh I'm in Silicon Valley too. The only Target I checked was the Stevens Creek Blvd one, and they were just setting up the Easter stuff. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Ooh, I´d love to buy some of those SW sets.. If anyone find them in stock, could you please buy 3-4 of each for me? (Of course less is good too, if there aren´t that many.)

Thanks. :classic:

Edited by Dennimator

Ooh, I´d love to buy some of those SW sets.. If anyone find them in stock, could you please buy 3-4 of each for me? (Of course less is good too, if there aren´t that many.)

Thanks. :classic:

My Target had about 200 of them. Since there weren't minifigs in the SW sets I didn't get any. But if nobody else offers to help just let me know and I'll go back.

Does anyone have any info about whether or not it's they're in Bay Area Targets yet?

Also, starstreak found them in a Target in Hawaii:

4376498056_7e8f3819b7.jpg

4376499750_84068eb914.jpg

EDIT: Grammar mistake!

Edited by ILikePi

Does anyone have any info about whether or not it's in Bay Area Targets yet?

I checked this morning; still nothing. :sceptic: Well, at least starstreak found some.

I can also confirm these sets are at the Birmingham, AL Target store (not exactly Bay Area is it :tongue: ):

sets.jpg

Got the Duplo one for my niece, and I'll probably end up saving the two Star Wars ones to sell later.

I can also confirm these sets are at the Birmingham, AL Target store (not exactly Bay Area is it :tongue: ):

*snip*

Just wondering, which Duplo figure/animal did you buy? You can see what you get on the back without opening the bag, if you haven't noticed it yet. :wink:

Also, has anyone else noticed that now the printing is on the outside instead of the inside? Before, the whole bag was glossy because the printing was on the inside. Now, the printed part feels smooth and dull. TLG probably found a way to cut costs... :wacko:

Also, has anyone else noticed that now the printing is on the outside instead of the inside? Before, the whole bag was glossy because the printing was on the inside. Now, the printed part feels smooth and dull. TLG probably found a way to cut costs... :wacko:

Who cares? Your just going to rip it openand throw it away that's like complaining about a candy wrapper. :laugh: Wouldn't you rather them go cheap on their packaging instead of their elements?

Edited by computerbug

Who cares? Your just going to rip it openand throw it away that's like complaining about a candy wrapper. :laugh: Wouldn't you rather them go cheap on their packaging instead of their elements?

Look at what he did with his Chrome Vader bag? Anyway I'm going hunting for the X-Wing at my Targets. I Hoper to find some. if I must I'll try to get one off of some of you.

Just wondering, which Duplo figure/animal did you buy? You can see what you get on the back without opening the bag, if you haven't noticed it yet. :wink:

I got her the pony; it was toss up between the sheep and pony (I personally liked the sheep :tongue: ), but she likes ponies a lot so I went with that one.

And I agree with computerbug, TLG can cheap out all they want on the packaging as long as the contents remain top notch.

I was at Target the other day and notice the Star Wars, Duplo, and City sets at the NE Fort Wayne location. (And no I didn't get any of them, I'm just not interested in them. I hope this is cool since it is not about the bay area Targets. :hmpf: )

I think I'll be getting a few of the X-wing ones, shoot at 3$ a piece, or can I pass it up.

Does anyone have any info about whether or not it's they're in Bay Area Targets yet?

Very interesting, next time I go to Target I will have to look for these as I had no idea :oh:

I will let you guys know about them too :classic:

These things wont be in the LEGO/construction toy aisle let alone the toys&games area, just to be clear. Only in Easter Sunday section (You wont miss it in my 2 Target stores). Memphis TN has plenty of all these guys.

Sign in to follow this