Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Poll: Which LEGO Sharks would you like to see in future Pirate Sets?

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which shark you like most?

• Classic Sharks
    • The Sharks circa 2009
    • A Mixture of both
    • Something new - please explain

poll.png

For the 2009 Pirate Theme the LEGO Group used the newer, larger sharks which first appeared in the Agent sets.

• Would you prefer to see a return to classic sharks if future LEGO Pirate sets are released?
  • Or maybe it should be the newer shark all the way.
  • Or perhaps it could be a mixture of both, depending on the set
  • Or maybe the LEGO Group should

But how do Pirate LEGO fans feel about this change?

Cast your vote and tell us what you think!!!

PS. I swiped the below pictures from a Google Image Search, if anybody has more suitable images to donate to this poll I'd be most grateful.

Classic Shark

Lego_Shark_Brooch_2.jpg

Circa 2009 Shark

3405388780_9a50ba78b7_m.jpg

Please note this information is for our own personal interest and may never be read by representatives of the LEGO Group.

The new sharks are far too cartoonish for me. I much prefer the previous classic sharks. So my vote goes to them. Also Mister Phes, shouldn't this have a poll? I'm not seeing one. :sceptic:

Absolutely the old on.....

I only have lots of the old one but the new one isn't my design at all! :thumbdown:

I agree that the new ones are a little cartoonish, but they can 'eat' a minifig, so I'm going to have to vote for the new ones. I loved the old ones as a kid, but the new ones stole my heart as soon as I saw them with frickin laser beams in that Agents set. A mixture depending on the set would also be a good option.

I prefer the old sharks, as they seem a bit more realistic in size. Although I like having the one 2009 shark as a "great white" :pir-classic:

i agree

crabs rule

I like the new ones and the old ones alike. I love the old ones for their realism and the option of having a ton of them, but I like the new ones because of the sheer joy of building a moc with a bunch of huge arsed sharks eating the bottom off a pirate ship :thumbup:

Hmm, I would really like an improved version of the old shark. I do like how the new shark can swallow a whole minifigure so maybe they could incorporate that aspect. The only thing I absolutely do not want is the new shark, which is too cartoony in my opinion.

If it's one versus the other, I prefer the old one. It's much more realistically sized, and less cartoony. The one thing I like about the new one is that it can swallow a minifig, but it still feels too bulky. A larger, updated version of the old one would be great as long as it isn't too huge or cartoony.

If it's one versus the other, I prefer the old one. It's much more realistically sized, and less cartoony. The one thing I like about the new one is that it can swallow a minifig, but it still feels too bulky. A larger, updated version of the old one would be great as long as it isn't too huge or cartoony.

I second that. I would also like to see another version of the new shark, printed like a great white shark.

Added the Poll, sorry, something must have went wrong when moving this thread to the Pirates forum.

I voted for a mix of both. :pir-classic: I like the old shark much better, but the new one, although cartoonish, can eat a whole minifig. This opens up a whole new world of MOCs in which you can see the minifigs getting eaten whole. :shark: With the old one, you couldn't fit a minifig in there unless you took the legs off, and melted down the torso.(I tried that, it became pretty messy.)

-

General Redwater

Well, i like the new one. Not because of its size but its much realistic than the old one. I have those old sharks too ´so i can onestly say at they arent very realistic at me. But the new 2009 sharks face re a bit cartoonish indeed and i dont like it 100%

Pross on new 2009 shark:

The Size its pretty good

A minifig can go into its mouth

the colours are nice

The face are Cartoonish and nicely detailed

The clicking sound when opening the mout

Cons:

The face is a bit Cartoonish (Yes, this i a good and the bad thing)¨

So i guess lego did succed at this shark, i dont think at the face would be necessery to make it realistic.

Pross on Classic shak:

The white shark (Yes i have this shark on black, white and dark and light grey)

It can be used many different ways if you have some imagination

Cons:

Size is too small for me

Not very realistic

Minifig cant sit on shark

The colors, there isnt many colous and like white and black colour dont make sense for me. But it surely looks cool

So the old ones has some good but mostly i dont like it. But it can be used for many many different ways in many MOC`s.

But if you think at i hate the classic shark, no thats not true, i like them both but sometimes the old isnt the best.

Captain Becker

A new design would be best, based on the shape of the new ones, but without the cartoon eyes. I didnt like the new ones until i actually got one, and liked that i could fit more than a single fish inside. Maybe something like the new ones, with round eyes? In two different sizes? and manta rays, dolphins, hammerheads and swordfish for them to play with? Please mummy, please please please!!!!!

The new one.

I like the size of it and the fact that it can devour a minifig is a big plus for me. :shark:

Not exactly answering the question on hand, but related, I wouldn't mind Lego including the saw fish in another set, as the only sets that had it released in the past 8 years either were not available in the US (Pirates Advent Calender) or cost $180 (Imperial Flagship).

Neither sharks are "realistic". I think they both have enough detail so that you know that it's a shark. :thumbup:

I voted for the new shark. You cannot beat that those sharks can now eat pirates. :shark:

Please mummy, please please please!!!!!

:look: Mummy?

I'd like to see the old shark body with a hammerhead head piece.

I'm not really into the newer Pirate sets (other the the Imperial Flagship) or that new cartoon looking shark. But I have all of the classic Pirate sets up until the Islander sets came out. So for me, an old style shark with a different head (hammerhead) would be perfect.

For me, the best option would be a mixture between the scary head of the old shark and the massive body and razor-sharp teeth of the new one. Only then we shall have the Ultimate Great White Shark!

Edited by The Black Corsair

A mixture of both. Old sharks are classic and I will never have enough of them. The new sharks are OK too, in their design they look dangerously close to Duplo, but they're passable. If they were to introduce something new though, I'd love to see a shark as big as the new one, but with the old design (in other words, old shark but bigger) - that would be a real beast!