Ikonhero

[MOC] Neo Blacktron 1 spaceship

Here's my new Blacktron 1 MOC.

The shape was loosely based on the 6781 Space Police 1 SP Striker.

Does anyone know how to get Blacktron 1 minifig torso in LDD? Also I was looking for some older computer slopes and tiles, like from the classic, M-tron and ice planet era's.

black006a.png

black006_2.png

black006_3.png

black006_4.png

Here's my new Blacktron 1 MOC.

The shape was loosely based on the 6781 Space Police 1 SP Striker.

Quite interesting design indeed BUT you should avoid using that "everything-made-with-brick-instead-of-plates" technique (sorry cannot remember what is actually the AFOL slang name for that technique...?) in case you want your build resemble original subtheme of Blacktron (or any other old old style ones) :wink: - except that I really like your design + color combi is also exact, well done :wink::thumbup:

Does anyone know how to get Blacktron 1 minifig torso in LDD? Also I was looking for some older computer slopes and tiles, like from the classic, M-tron and ice planet era's.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114649

In case you actually use my method(s) using BlueRender then ask me and I will provide that Blacktron minifig decor as I have it done myself tho I am not using that decor as I do not copy any existing (sub)themes so there is no usage of that decor for me but I have no problem giving it to someone who would find it any useful :wink:

Great job! I think this really captures the essence of Blacktron!

Quite interesting design indeed BUT you should avoid using that "everything-made-with-brick-instead-of-plates" technique (sorry cannot remember what is actually the AFOL slang name for that technique...?) in case you want your build resemble original subtheme of Blacktron (or any other old old style ones)

SNOT (Studs Not On Top). I really like the SNOT look. It's supposed to be for more "realistic" looking designs, and is heavily used in "Neo" style space builds. I really like the look. Anyone who builds in SNOT style surely knows what they're doing and probably aren't going for the regular studded Lego look.

SNOT (Studs Not On Top). I really like the SNOT look. It's supposed to be for more "realistic" looking designs, and is heavily used in "Neo" style space builds. I really like the look. Anyone who builds in SNOT style surely knows what they're doing and probably aren't going for the regular studded Lego look.

danth, my friend, if you read my post more carefully I said something like "...if he want his models resemble any of that old style era" so my statement is correct: I am not saying he cannot use SNOT technique (tho I do not like that technique at all myself), I only said he should avoid it and use original concept instead that was plates with visible studs, cos else its NEO as you rightly said - that's all. :wink:

Edited by bublible

I think this ship looks great. However, it must be very loosely based on that other ship, considering this looks almost exactly like a blacktron X-Wing and the Space Police set had the prison compartment in the back to break up the X-wing shape.

Either way, I think this looks great. You did a good job with it. I don't know much about Blacktron 1. I mostly had Blacktron 2 sets as a kid.

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it.

I'm using LDD to POV-ray converter for the rendering btw. And yeah, I was going for the more NEO style thing using the SNOT techniques, although the cockpit itself is mostly studs on top.

That is an amazing Build my Friend.Love the Mixture of Classic Blacktron Design and the modernized Style with all the SNOT Techniques.

Any Chance for releasing the LDD Files?

@ikonero: Thanks man,it worked perfectly.I just had a look at the Parts List and it seems like it can be build with very common Bricks.Guess i will have to Print out the List and visit my favorite Lego Shop :D

Have a nice Weekend and keep on MOCing.

@ikonero: Thanks man,it worked perfectly.I just had a look at the Parts List and it seems like it can be build with very common Bricks.Guess i will have to Print out the List and visit my favorite Lego Shop :D

Have a nice Weekend and keep on MOCing.

Cool man! Be sure to post a picture when it's done.

Are you going to change anything? I'm not too fond of the rear engines....

Love that build. Do you have any place where I can follow your work or see more of your MOCs, something like Flickr?

Love that build. Do you have any place where I can follow your work or see more of your MOCs, something like Flickr?

Hi, I think you may have quoted my comment by mistake.

Hi, I think you may have quoted my comment by mistake.

If I quoted you by mistake my apology. That was indeed not my intention. It is strange though because I don't see any quote box in my original comment.

So... Blacktron crossed with an X-Wing crossed with Benny's Spaceship? Just kidding, it looks great! :laugh: Really liking all the inset details!