Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Pictorial Review: Stormtrooper LED Keychain

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So I picked up a Stormtrooper LED keychain two weeks ago and finally got un-lazy to take some pics of it.

Just like the Darth Vader LED keychain and minifig keychains, I immediately removed the keychain. good news, the Stormtrooper helmet is NOT glued to the head. The metal post of the keychain is installed inside the head. The head is snapped on to a short bulging column. So the head can pop off and on. I just used a pair of pliers and broke the metal post off at the top of the head.

I like the crotch printing. They tried to mimic the minifig crotch with a skinny black line. the button is flush to the torso just like Darthvader. I plan to modify this into a Sandtrooper. Make a custom pauldron and glue a 2x2 plate on the back battery cover so I can LEGO a backpack on.

_dsc0210.jpg

_dsc0211.jpg

_dsc0212.jpg

_dsc0213.jpg

_dsc0214.jpg

_dsc0215.jpg

_dsc0216.jpg

_dsc0217.jpg

_dsc0218.jpg

New pics in comparison with other figs.

L-R: Clock, LED keychain, Minifig

p1010316.jpg

p1010317.jpg

You can swap helmets and make a funny looking Super Deformed Stormtrooper.

p1010318.jpg

p1010319.jpg

If you remove the Keychain fig head you can place the Minifig helmet on.

p1010320.jpg

Parts are interchangeable with Darth Vader. Like arms, head and cape.

p1010321.jpg

p1010322.jpg

p1010323.jpg

I like the crotch printing.

Now There's a comment that needs context :laugh:.

Good review, can you mix with the Darth Vader one?

Now There's a comment that needs context :laugh:.

Good review, can you mix with the Darth Vader one?

Sure. They are from the same mold. I will take pics later when i get my Vader and Trooper together. This was taken at work.

Sure. They are from the same mold. I will take pics later when i get my Vader and Trooper together. This was taken at work.

Thank you.

Thanks for the review!!! MUST HAVE!!!! :wub:

By the way, since I don't live in the US, where do they sell these? I always have to get them through resellers.

I'll have to get myself one of these... My Darth Vader is in need of minions to command! :grin:

Your Darth Vader has a lightsaber!!! Mine doesn't =O

How did you get the key chain part out of the head? I don't want to break mine, although I have had the heads off...

Also, how did you get the Darth Vader head out of his helmet?

Your Darth Vader has a lightsaber!!! Mine doesn't =O

How did you get the key chain part out of the head? I don't want to break mine, although I have had the heads off...

Also, how did you get the Darth Vader head out of his helmet?

The light saber came from a Hallmark LEGO Darth Vader xmas ornament. It was glued into the Ornament's hand. The handle is a tad bit too narrow so I used some tape and wrapped it around the handle to make it fit into the LED Keychain hand.

Darth Vader's head is glued to the helmet. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. Without ruining the face or helmet.

I just use a pair of pliers to remove the keychain. There is a split ring that holds the chain to the eye screw in the head. Split that open and remove the chain. Then I have access to the eye screw. I grab as close to the helmet and snap the metal off. for the trooper, remove the helmet after you break the metal post and then there will be more ontop of the head. Break it off again.

Thanks for the review!!! MUST HAVE!!!! :wub:

By the way, since I don't live in the US, where do they sell these? I always have to get them through resellers.

I'll have to get myself one of these... My Darth Vader is in need of minions to command! :grin:

I got mine from REI outdoor sports store. They sell them on their website. Maybe they ship to costa rica?

Edited by Solscud007

Pretty nice little figure. I've seen the Darth Vader one around quite a lot. I may pick this one up if I find it. :sweet:

Don't know, but I'll be visiting the States soon anyways, so I'll probably just look for one of those stores. Thanks. :thumbup: Is the pricing good?

Yep $11 USD.

Yep $11 USD.

Great to know that, thanks! Now I'm going to complete my LED keychain collection. :tongue: Hope they release more of these. They look great. :wub: Maybe that's because I'm a minifig addict. :tongue:

Anyways, thanks a lot for the info and the review. :thumbup:

Great to know that, thanks! Now I'm going to complete my LED keychain collection. :tongue: Hope they release more of these. They look great. :wub: Maybe that's because I'm a minifig addict. :tongue:

Anyways, thanks a lot for the info and the review. :thumbup:

I absolutely love that they're making more of these. I got the Vader awhile back so the trooper is another must-buy for me. I have never gotten into the magnets, but I could see myself collecting these. The larger scale as well as the nice glossy plastic makes them very attractive for display.