Sign in to follow this  
Doornroosje

The Watchrower of Arod Mearas

Arod Mearas is a small settlement with the Green Riders training and breeding centre in the middle of large green pastures.

1323604595m_SPLASH.jpg

The Watchtower of Arod Mearas is a simple wooden tower with a stone base, build to keep watch over the valuable breeding horses of the Green Riders that graze in the green pastures surrounding Arod Mearas. When horse thiefs are spotted the guard at the watchtower will alert the settlement by blowing an alarm signal on his horn. Arriving Green Riders that are coming to Arod Mearas that pass by are greeted and the horn is blown to make sure a nice room and stable will be made ready.

1323604600m_SPLASH.jpg

Here you see Kariny Rhiannon and Chestnut on their way to Arod Mearas for a few days of rest before she will be called for a new mission.

1323604620m_SPLASH.jpg

She greets the guards in the watchtower.

One of the guards of the watchtower is having a lunch break.

1323604604m_SPLASH.jpg

The other guard blows his horn to make sure they now at Arod Mearas that Kariny is arriving!

1323604610m_SPLASH.jpg

1323604607m_SPLASH.jpg

Even the horse of one of the guard can be stabled at the ground floor of the watchtower.

1323604616m_SPLASH.jpg

I love it! I can really see this tower in real life! It´s simple but yet so beautiful! I like the road, the mixing of colours on the roof, the minifigposing! Great job!!

Nice tower 'Doornroosje', except no defence against flaming fire arrows eh ? :blush:

Still it's well made and detailed too.....another fine tower for the defence of Avalonia.

Avalonia Forever !

Lovely tower, simple yet elegant. I like the fact that it's made from wood with a stone base. Looks very natural and fits well in the land. Great landscaping and details. Great work!

Sweet little watchtower, shows you don't need a heap of bricks to bring a quality build. :thumbup: I agree that the stone base really intergrates the tower into it's surroundings, and the landscaping is great too. Just one thing - it looks like the gaurd is blowing his horn backwards? (into the broad end) :wacko:

I think the guard is secretely drinking beer from a beer horn while on duty (what a schame ;-) instead of blowing the real horn :tongue:

I had to make it simple and mainly made from wood, because my lack op apropriate bricks for medieval building (e.g. grey bricks...., I will buy some kingdoms sets so I can build my Green Rider Headquarters for Albion) Fortunately I do have al lot of lego plants, leafs etc., so I can enjoy myself with the scenery and landscaping

Thanks all for your encouraging comments! This Guild challenge is really inspiring to try out new things! (before I only built Modular City buildings and gardens/parks)

Great work, the tower is really perfect, just looking at the pictures you've posted I can suggest the fresh air on the fields and the wind rustling in the trees.

I'm looking forward to see more of your work.