Sign in to follow this  
daoudbazaar

Review : 7682 - Shanghai Chase

Shanghai Chase

Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom - 2009 already available !

Set #7682

Theme: Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Year Released: 2008 (2009 officially)

Piece Count: 256 (12 extras)

Minifigs: 5

List Price: EUR 35

The box.

Front :

7682-box-front.jpg

Back :

7682-box-back.jpg

Top :

7682-box-top.jpg

Box content : 2 bags and the booklet. No DSS :tongue:

7682-content.jpg

The booklet. Frontpage :

7682-booklet.jpg

First page :

7682-booklet-firstpage.jpg

Random page :

7682-booklet-randompage.jpg

5 minifigs come in this set. Torsos and legs are in bag 1, heads and hairs in a smaller bag in it.

7682-bag1-content.jpg

Willie is completely new

7682-willie.jpg

New hair (back is on top) in light yellow 7682-hair.jpg

New face 7682-willie-face.jpg

New torso and legs 7682-willie2.jpg

Torso is also printed on the back 7682-willieback.jpg

That's not blood that leaks through the hair !

Just the lips, the head is double-sided 7682-willie-scared.jpg

Gansgsters (I don't remember who they are). Faces and suits seem to be new ? :look: They wear Indy hat in black.

7682-gansters.jpg

They look great !

7682-gansters2.jpg

Indy and short Round. Of course Indy is in every IJ box. But this one is at last a little bit more smart !

7682-indyandco.jpg

What you build with bag 1

7682-bag1.jpg

Some shots of the car :

7682-bag1-2.jpg7682-bag1-5.jpg

There is a smaller bag in bag 2 and a cardboard folded around the dark tan canopy.

7682-bag2-content.jpg

It takes a few minutes to build the car :

7682-bag2-1.jpg7682-bag2.jpg.

In my opinion, the windscreen is far too small and gives this odd roofline to the car. I'd rather put a hinge as TLC used to in Adventurer sets.

This slope 7682-newcolor.jpg and the flag are issued for the first time in tan color, as far as I remember.

The complete set :

7682-view3.jpg7682-view2.jpg7682-view4.jpg

Final thoughts

It's a rather cheap set (for a licensed one) with no useless cumbersome part but full of uncommon torsos. Cars will easily fit in any Lego city with minor changes. And I do appreciate to get a newly dressed IJ minifig.

Hope you enjoy this review.

Thanks for the great review! :wub: I really really want this set now, the figures are just great, especially Willie! I'm hoping this will be $20 USD, but unfortunately, $30 seems more realistic considering the box size. :sadnew:

-darthperson

EDIT: Sorry about the double post, I have no idea what happened! Sorry!

Edited by WhiteFang
Double posts merged.

Thanks for the review of this gorgeous set. Wow, every figure is unique, plus the vehicles are really well done. :wub: Probably worth getting doubles!

Thanks for the review daoudbazaar :thumbup: . This set looks fine but for some reason I feel that both cars lacks of design :hmpf_bad: , not really compare this ones with the ones in the Race for the Stolen Treasure which are great. The minifigs in the other hand are awesome :cry_happy: , with some nice torsos and pieces, I especially like the gangsters minifigs which are great :tongue: .

Edited by WhiteFang
Triple posts merged

Great review! The close-ups of the minifigs are beautiful, what type of camera do you have?

This is a beautiful looking set with fantastic minifigs and pretty well-designed cars. It's great to finally see Indy in a different outfit isn't it? :tongue:

I suppose the U.S. price will be $30 then. Thanks for the review! :classic:

Good Lord I love these Indiana Jones cars. I can't wait for this to become available here. :]

Sinner, you beat me to it. I was about to make an attempt to frontpage it. :tongue:

Daoudbazaar, this is a fine review with many nice pictures. I am seriously considering getting a few sets of this, mainly for these few reasons. The range of the minifigs are unique to its own. Their face, hair and torsos are simply marvelous especially Willie Scott and a white tux worn by Indiana Jones. The chinese gangsters are nice addition to your mafia in a typical City set up. Short Round looks cute and bubbly as well. The cars are speechless. I find it very impressive indeed, with the classic cars back in the 1940s. This is indeed a great set for all Indiana Jones lovers. Thanks for taking your time to post this review in Eurobricks. :thumbup:

7682-gansters.jpg

Here come the Men In Black! :D well, Great Review and Great Set, Wish I had the Men In Black!!!! :tongue:

Great review and I love the hell out of this set. Black fedora (yes, my current avatar has one, but it's an edit job), new hair, new Indy, new characters, cool cars, no crap. You can't beat a set like this. :thumbup:

Sweet set. The figs are awsome, the cars are beautifully detailed. I'm just scared of what the Aus. price will be :sceptic:

Thanks for the review!!! :thumbup:

I know...There's soo much awesome stuff next year and stuff from this year I still need to get im not sure if I have enough money for Licenced stuff :sceptic: Especially if the AUS price is bad...Im hoping $40 AUSD :sceptic:

A double pleasure. Its always nice to see a well photographed and presented review, and to get a look at a new set before it hits S@H (and Australia for that matter)

Thanks for a great read. :thumbup:

This is one of the best IJ sets so far in my oppinon.

So many great things in the set.

Thanks for the great review :thumbup:

-Ras-

Thanks for the review, daoudbazaar.

I :wub: this set. Can't wait to find it in Italy :cry_happy:

LuxorV

great review of a really cool little set! I think I'm going to buy it^^