Sign in to follow this  
Olog

Shark Attack!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 46a

This would have been my large entry for the PTV contest, unfortunately I missed the deadline by almost five hours thinking it would be tonight rather than noon. I had the entry built for at least two weeks, and now I've learned my mistake in postponing the photography session.

Now to the MOC! :D

Captain Furrybeard's scurvy crew decided to take on and pillage the small settlement of Jaggidy Rock. With their schooner all set up they unleashed the feared "Shark Attack" upon the unsuspecting villagers and imperial soldiers. The few that remained after the initial attack were confused and were no match for the Furrybeard's landing party.

Here is the Brickshelf gallery

3071513276_6251c97ce3.jpg

3070678053_1266dc7bb7.jpg

3071533204_b39f202f06.jpg

pictures of dastardly despicable deeds : The celler Shark smashing through building First blood Taking over the village

It was certainly a very challenging build, especially with the piece and minifig restrictions (sorry, none of that fancy new pirate sets here). I also have a bunchload of MOCs built for the event I'm organizing taking up most of my parts collection.

Thanks for looking!

-Adrian F.

Edited by SlyOwl

That's lovely MOC Olog!

The beach is very nice with the SNOT waves and your buildings are also superb.

My favorite though is the sinking ship effect, you executed it really well. Your little tree in the back right looks pretty as well.

It's a shame that you missed the deadline, but at least we still get to see this great MOC. :thumbup:

I really like the stairs going down the the cellar. Great use of those "fin" type pieces.

are they shooting a shark ? XDDDD

that's a really outstanding moc! I love the boat, I love the waves, I love the buildings, I love everything in it! but why didn't you finish the tiling of the sea? lack of pieces ? and why didn't you make it a ptv entry ? that fit in it and that's very good!

Thats an amazing MOC :pir-blush:

I like the ship and the idea sharks are attacking the town :pir-skull:

Sad indeed you missed the deadline :pir-sceptic: but maybe there will be another PTV contest!

At least: keep building!

We've extended the deadline with 24h just for those being confused with the timezone thing. I've move this thread into the PTV contest forum as it is still accepted. However, your pictures are a bit bigger than what's allowed according to the contest rules, so you better resize them.

Very impressive entry BTW!

It's great to see that your entry made it in! :pir-classic:

I already mentioned almost all of the things I like about your entry, so I'll just give you some improvement ideas.

A few improvement ideas:

1) I feel that your entry could benefit from a little more cruelty. Perhaps some bloody bodies and battles.

2) The water looks a bit rough in some areas. I know you probably wanted to give an effect of choppy water and I think that it looks great, but I think smoothing out a few more of the studded areas would improve it a lot.

3) Some more animal life would be great. Maybe parrots and crabs.

4) One thing that would add a lot would be to add a few palm trees in some spots.

5) I think your ship could use a few more details. Something like barrels on the deck among other things would be good.

=========================================================

Overall I think you did a very good job with this entry Olog.

Good luck in the contest! :kahuka:

Thank you for letting all the late entries enter, there are some great last minute MOCs that were the same case as mine.

Since I did post this in the Pirate forum first, it's lacking the description that says "PTV contest entry - Large".

Thanks for the comments so-far.

Guss: ! Yes ! Sharks :D

Bonaparte: Pictures edited, gallery added :) Thank you again.

Erdbeereis:

1- Here's what you're looking for: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Olog/Pirates/4small.jpg blood!

2- Believe me I've used my last 1 x 1 blue tile on there. Parts were scarce for this MOC, I usually have around one or two MOCs built at a time, now I have 20... because of the AFOL event here in romania. So you can guess I have a very limited collection now.

3- Carrots are not animals :0 j/k . I completely forgot about adding animals, but I have no monkeys, and the crab thing has been done too many times already, birds I have but forgot.

4- Again something I don't have, palm leaves and tree trunks , that's why I tried to compensate with the normal tree on the right.

Edited by Olog

My opinion:

A very strong entry, Olog, and I hope it will be accepted!

Possible improvements:

1) I would add some defenses, like cannon posts.

2) Your ship looks a bit empty i'm afraid. You can change this by adding more pirates, weapons, cannons,...

3) I would add red stripes or skulls to your sails of the pirate ship.

4) Add more details in general: more (dead?) pirates/villagers, more weapons, animals, plants,...

Non-brick related advise:

1) I really would suggest adding larger pictures of this beautiful MOC, this allows us to see even more of it (800x600 = max).

Erdbeereis:

1- Here's what you're looking for: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Olog/Pirates/4small.jpg blood!

2- Believe me I've used my last 1 x 1 blue tile on there. Parts were scarce for this MOC, I usually have around one or two MOCs built at a time, now I have 20... because of the AFOL event here in romania. So you can guess I have a very limited collection now.

3- Carrots are not animals :0 j/k . I completely forgot about adding animals, but I have no monkeys, and the crab thing has been done too many times already, birds I have but forgot.

4- Again something I don't have, palm leaves and tree trunks , that's why I tried to compensate with the normal tree on the right.

1-I saw that blood, I though it looked very nice and some more bodies like that would be good.

2-No problem about not tiling the entry, it looks great as is.

3-Carrots aren't, but lettuce is... :pir-tongue:

4-No problem, it still looks beautiful! :pir-classic:

I really like the waves as it's a real improvement of the now traditional flat snotted sea.

The use of the tails for the stairs is also a really nice idea.

Well done !

Heya, I just found this topic, out of curiosity, how did you build the bow of your schooner? I love how sleek it looks, its truly an excellent job.

Heya, I just found this topic, out of curiosity, how did you build the bow of your schooner?

Yes, I'm rather curious about that to :pir-classic:

Adrian doesn't drop by here that often; it would be best to send him a PM, or contact him via Flickr :pir-wink:

Adrian doesn't drop by here that often; it would be best to send him a PM, or contact him via Flickr :pir-wink:

will do, thanks^^

How did I just see this. :wacko: Very nice MOC! I like the water a lot, I find it's a good mix of studs and tile. Lots of detail in this entry, good luck in the contest. :pir-classic:

Edited by Alex the Great