LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

It been a while since last modular building (Town Hall) released. Anyone know if we will have new modular building in the near future?

It's only been a few months. It's a bit soon til we find anything out about the next one. We'll probably start hearing stuff late Summer, maybe.

I think Jamie mentioned in a recent interview that he isn't a good cook, when asked about the next modular. Maybe that suggests a restaurant or similar?

I think Jamie mentioned in a recent interview that he isn't a good cook, when asked about the next modular. Maybe that suggests a restaurant or similar?

I'm wondering, what interview was that? Can you post a link?

I'm wondering, what interview was that? Can you post a link?

He posted this comment to the LEGO messageboards. See this thread for more information.

He posted this comment to the LEGO messageboards. See this thread for more information.

I was going to mention that comment, but couldn't remember where to find it...

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start a new tread about this subject. I hope everybody will give his ideas about the new building, because i like these discusions. Keep the comming my fellow Legolovers. :laugh::pirate:

After reading this interview on that link you shared. It is pretty obvious we will see more modular buildings to come in the near future.

My wish list for next modular building:

-Bank

-Police Station

-Hospital/Clinic

-Restaurants

-Bakery

-Furniture store

-Butcher Shop

-Architecture firm

-Library

-Museum

-School

And much more! :)

After reading this interview on that link you shared. It is pretty obvious we will see more modular buildings to come in the near future.

My wish list for next modular building:

-Bank

-Police Station

-Hospital/Clinic

-Restaurants

-Bakery

-Furniture store

-Butcher Shop

-Architecture firm

-Library

-Museum

-School

And much more! :)

I found this in the Action Theme. Although speculation and analysis of the model makes it look like a possible Creator House than a modular.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66366

I too want restaurants. But a bank or police station would be most welcome. Or even better, how about a Modular LEGO Store?

Edited by Solscud007

I thought it was the 'Haunted House'.

The haunted house shown in the video might have removable floors**, but since it doesn't use the established standards to join up the other buildings, its not going to be the next "Modular Building Set". I think the Haunted House will be the Monster Fighter theme's Daigon Alley set.

**Its unknown whether it will have removable floors, or whether it is hinged, to allow access to the interior.

Edited by gotoAndLego

If it's really a restaurant, then I want to see how Jamie/Astrid tackles a restaurant interior. It's been many years since the last restaurant Modular was released (Cafe Corner...and oh yeah, that had no interior), so I think a restuarant would be a pretty cool addition.

Maybe they can even knock the price back down to 150! lol

I found this in the Action Theme. Although speculation and analysis of the model makes it look like a possible Creator House than a modular.

I too want restaurants. But a bank or police station would be most welcome. Or even better, how about a Modular LEGO Store?

Banks and police stations tend often to be in the same kinds of older, more imposing buildings, like the fire brigade or town hall. So personally I'd like something with a different style. So far I've not been disappointed in anything Jamie Berard has been involved in, and the exclusives/creator lines are having quite a renaissance IMO. So bring it on, whatever it is.

Banks and police stations tend often to be in the same kinds of older, more imposing buildings, like the fire brigade or town hall. So personally I'd like something with a different style. So far I've not been disappointed in anything Jamie Berard has been involved in, and the exclusives/creator lines are having quite a renaissance IMO. So bring it on, whatever it is.

True. But I do like the buildings to match. eitherway I plan on getting it when it comes out. While I dont have the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer or Marketplace; I find the Marketplace the most disappointing set out of the Modular bldgs. Doesnt seem grand enough compared to the rest.

I'll be looking for something industrial or a warehouse. Now that would be a change in direction!

I don't own any of the modular buildings, but one they could make could be an office building. I know the idea seems a tad bland, but they could beef it up with some greebling and the interior. We've never had an office building before, and this could be a nice addition to the city.

I don't own any of the modular buildings, but one they could make could be an office building. I know the idea seems a tad bland, but they could beef it up with some greebling and the interior. We've never had an office building before, and this could be a nice addition to the city.

You could populate it with the Series 7 Teacher/Computer Programmer figure.

You could populate it with the Series 7 Teacher/Computer Programmer figure.

Exactly! :tongue: There are so many minifigures that could be involved in the set.

I'll be looking for something industrial or a warehouse. Now that would be a change in direction!

Hinckley has created a couple of industrial buildings that I would like to see replicated by TLG. They are his old style Brewery and Garage buildings.

I have seen it before. I believe it is separate set than a modular. I'd love to have that set too. :)

I'd love to have a modular LEGO store too! It is no-brainer!

I don't mind if Lego includes an office building in the modular collection. I'd love to see Octan (Lego oil company) to have its own headquarters in an office building. It would be really cool.

Since they seem to be going for that mid century main street sort of feel, I'm thinking maybe a Movie Theater. That would have some really nice architecture and brick work. Second runner up would be a nice stately Bank, but I don't think we will see that yet with Diagon Alley and Gringots still out there.

Besides just think of all of the flexible possibilities with adding a nice period movie theater into your town or scene. Just by juggling around the marquee and movie showing. Indiana Jones. Disney. Imagine the possibilities with Star Wars? or joy of joys, "The Mark of Zorro" (Easily recreating the scene that led to Batman's beginnings, or the last major scene in Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns series. Oh the fun that could be had. Yeah I'm a nerd.) Just so many cool possibilities.

I'd bet money that the haunted house is going to be the next modular. Anyone who thinks the 'leaks' in the videos are an accident is kidding themselves, and they've never been anything smaller than an exclusive type set.

To the poster who mentioned it not fitting on the CC standard, my impression was that it was a corner with the first connection point on the back (away from the photo we saw) and the second in the fence on the left. Pure speculation there, though.

Edited by td8981

I'd bet money that the haunted house is going to be the next modular.

But it looks nothing like the other modulars. I don't think there are many people who believe it's not an upcoming set, but I find it much more likely that it's a standalone D2C set from the Monster Fighters line. I'm with those who are guessing a restaurant here - I believe the cooking comment from Jamie Berard was a hint.

I'd love to see Octan (Lego oil company) to have its own headquarters in an office building. It would be really cool.

Sounds familiar ;)

I would like to see.

1 Post Office

2 Office Building could be neat with multiple working elevators.

3 Warehouse that would be neat!

4 Cargo Center

5 Bakery

6 Restaurant

7 Modular Police Station