Sign in to follow this  
pbk420

Brickset update October 2012 - 835.4

I loaded up LDD today and it seemed like there was a tiny update im still looking to what was added but I found a few new minifig head pieces I swear were not there before. And the Elf hair with ears seems to be fixed so you can paint the hair and ears different. I will keep looking and see if i missed anything

edit i found these as well

99464 - mini cape

90542 - cape poncho

99242 - mini wig 24

96204 - mini protection helmet

95324 - mini buzzby hat

95323 - mini lizard body tail

95322 - mini lizard head

At first i wasnt able to attach the lizard head and tail on due to collosion but with a scaffolding technique i was able to .

Edited by pbk420

I loaded up LDD today and it seemed like there was a tiny update im still looking to what was added but I found a few new minifig head pieces I swear were not there before. And the Elf hair with ears seems to be fixed so you can paint the hair and ears different. I will keep looking and see if i missed anything

edit i found these as well

99464 - mini cape

90542 - cape poncho

99242 - mini wig 24

96204 - mini protection helmet

95324 - mini buzzby hat

95323 - mini lizard body tail

95322 - mini lizard head

At first i wasnt able to attach the lizard head and tail on due to collosion but with a scaffolding technique i was able to .

Think something similar just happened a few moments ago, friend. Opened LDD to try something else out and saw it updating.

Think something similar just happened a few moments ago, friend. Opened LDD to try something else out and saw it updating.

Why yes, it had a very minor update today. Several new pieces and prints were added.

Why yes, it had a very minor update today. Several new pieces and prints were added.

Can you give examples, particularly of new prints? Or are you just referring to certain parts being able to be dual-colored?

Also some of those bug fixes are very useful.

Can you give examples, particularly of new prints? Or are you just referring to certain parts being able to be dual-colored?

Well I've noticed four new prints available in the decoration menu for the head. I think you may already have been able to get the last one in your usual secret way.

In my opinion, they appear to be these:

One

Two

Three

Four

There may also be some new torso and leg prints (including the reappearance of the CMF Series 1 leg prints), but I'm not certain.

Edited by ADHO15

Well I've noticed four new prints available in the decoration menu for the head. I think you may already have been able to get the last one in your usual secret way.

In my opinion, they appear to be these:

One

Two

Three

Four

There may also be some new torso and leg prints (including the reappearance of the CMF Series 1 leg prints), but I'm not certain.

Ah, OK. Those decorations were all in LDD before, but weren't in the decorations menu as far as I know. Glad to see that's getting a long-overdue update, though I wouldn't be surprised if some decorations would have been taken out of those menus to make space (though they should still be available within the software).

@Aanchir

Have we got a list of decorations that are inside LDD and are not available with the decoration tool?

With a complete list, we could ask TLG to make the decorations available with the next brickset update.

@Aanchir

Have we got a list of decorations that are inside LDD and are not available with the decoration tool?

With a complete list, we could ask TLG to make the decorations available with the next brickset update.

Not really. I used to try and keep a list of parts that could be made without the decoration tool, but it has occasionally changed without my notice, and moreover it stopped being quite as necessary to use the decoration tool once LDD mode was introduced, featuring many decorated parts within the brick palette or accessible with the paint bucket tool. Someday I should try putting that list together again, but it could be tricky since nowadays the decorations palette doesn't even fit within my screen for all parts.

Unless it's just me being stupid, it seems Darth Maul's front and back torso decorations have been removed from the decoration menu. The torso is still available in normal LDD mode, however.

EDIT: Yoda's head is no longer multi-colourable either.

Edited by ADHO15

Why does this say Brickset Update? Haha.

Unless it's just me being stupid, it seems Darth Maul's front and back torso decorations have been removed from the decoration menu. The torso is still available in normal LDD mode, however.

EDIT: Yoda's head is no longer multi-colourable either.

I don't see it in the Extended Mode palette, but I'm sure it is still in the program. Also, does anyone know what happened to Darth Maul's face? It disappeared a while back, maybe two or so updates ago. It is even gone from saved files.

Yoda's head? I don't think it was ever able to be multiple colors. But what do I know?

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

I don't see it in the Extended Mode palette, but I'm sure it is still in the program. Also, does anyone know what happened to Darth Maul's face? It disappeared a while back, maybe two or so updates ago. It is even gone from saved files.

Yoda's head? I don't think it was ever able to be multiple colors. But what do I know?

Yes, like I said, you can still get it in normal LDD mode, and from previous save files.

I'm not sure. Maul's face and the Rebel/Clone pilot face were completely wiped from everywhere after one patch a while ago in LDD4.

It was. The hair became 'separate' so it could be coloured light grey, but it isn't anymore, and the one I had saved has switched back to plain green.

Yes, like I said, you can still get it in normal LDD mode, and from previous save files.

I'm not sure. Maul's face and the Rebel/Clone pilot face were completely wiped from everywhere after one patch a while ago in LDD4.

It was. The hair became 'separate' so it could be coloured light grey, but it isn't anymore, and the one I had saved has switched back to plain green.

Oops, didn't see you say that it is still in LDD Mode. Do you have any idea why they were removed? I find it hard to believe they would have to remove prints due to license agreements, when they still have iconic stuff such as the Wampa, Yoda's head and Vader's helmet and plenty more.

Okay, I just checked Yoda and there is some sort of glitch occurring. I can color the hair separately, but certain colors won't go together. For instance, I can color the hair light stone grey and the head olive green just fine, but certain combinations won't work. Sand green with white hair works, but it won't work if I make the hair light stone grey. I've noticed this occur on other pieces, but this one stands out. I guess I never really tried Yoda's head, but I thought I had. Perhaps I had just forgot.

The hair became 'separate' so it could be coloured light grey, but it isn't anymore, and the one I had saved has switched back to plain green.

That seems like a bug. I'll report it.

Why does this say Brickset Update? Haha.

You're right. It's not called Brickset anymore (Looking in the Help>About). Now it's only called "Brick Version" (with spaces in between) so I guess they removed the "set". I wonder why?

Long awaited brick spotted: 2493 :classic:

Indeed, long awaited :sweet:. Thanks for the tip, Superkalle! :thumbup:

I can now finally complete some older train sets, such as the 10027 Train Shed!!

You're right. It's not called Brickset anymore (Looking in the Help>About). Now it's only called "Brick Version" (with spaces in between) so I guess they removed the "set". I wonder why?

Perhaps to avoid confusion with the website Brickset?

Perhaps to avoid confusion with the website Brickset?

Actually, that was why I was confused by the title.

Edit: Hmm... Just found a bug fix which wasn't mentioned above.

lddscreenshot182.png

Finally! I hated how only one sword would go into these.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Ah, OK. Those decorations were all in LDD before, but weren't in the decorations menu as far as I know. Glad to see that's getting a long-overdue update, though I wouldn't be surprised if some decorations would have been taken out of those menus to make space (though they should still be available within the software).

These torso and leg decorations were added, although I'm fairly sure most of them were also in the program previously.

legs.png

torsos1.png

torsos2.pngtorsos3.png

Edit: Didn't realize I double posted, sorry about that.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

These torso and leg decorations were added, although I'm fairly sure most of them were also in the program previously.

torsos1.png

@Masta'Blasta': Yep all were in there before. Except maybe one, and that is the one on the left (three white/silver Gravity Games logos) torso. As it is not in the decoration menu nor in @Aanchir his reference lxf, can you please share an lxf with this decorated torso in it?

@Masta'Blasta': Yep all were in there before. Except maybe one, and that is the one on the left (three white/silver Gravity Games logos) torso. As it is not in the decoration menu nor in @Aanchir his reference lxf, can you please share an lxf with this decorated torso in it?

Try the second in from the right on the top row of the decorations menu. :wink:

Try the second in from the right on the top row of the decorations menu. :wink:

Uh-oh! :blush: I should either sober up or get a new pair of glasses (or both). Thanks, ADHO15! :thumbup: