Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

[MOC] Technic Lightsaber

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... there were Lego Technic Star Wars sets. But now time and the market have changed.

I thought it would be fun to build a lightsaber with only Technic parts and try to bring back that lost art.

Update:

The original attempt was Obi-wan's weapon. Upon further research I found that the particular Obi-wan model was from Episode IV. Obi-wan had a different saber in Episode 2 it seemed. I took Oky's suggestion and built a Count Dooku's lightsaber.

7140555353_55c0cfef7a.jpg

Count Dooku Lightsaber by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Come to the Dark Side. :devil:

Looks great! The blade could be a bit thicker, but the hilt looks great! Is it human sized?

Looks great :thumbup:. Is the yellow bit available in any other colour? It's a good looking piece but the colour looks odd.

Not bad. I like how you stuck to Technic parts and the fact that it's life sized. However, I can't help but feel that it mostly just looks like a stack of wheels and doesn't have much personality. Whose lightsaber is it supposed to be? If there was no source material, I suggest that you try to modify it to look like the lightsaber of one of the Jedi/Sith from AOTC. That way it will fit into the CB better and will have a distinct look. For example, you could add an angle to both ends of the hilt and add a Bionicle sword to the tip of it in order to have it represent Count Dooku's lightsaber. :wink:

Obi-wan had a different saber in Episode 2 it seemed. I took Oky's suggestion and built a Count Dooku's lightsaber.

7140555353_55c0cfef7a.jpg

Count Dooku Lightsaber by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Very nice update! :sweet: It looks fairly accurate. The only thing I would maybe change is the blade guard. It should start as close to the tip as possible. Also, do you have this piece? It would make a perfect representation of the blade guard, unless you don't consider it a Technic part. If you don't have it or don't want to use it, your solution works too.

Nice work.