Morty

MOC: Amalienborg

Amalienborg project is built by 6 persons (me from Norway and 5 from Denmark). First event for the total moc/layout was at LEGO World Copenhagen last week.

It is a line of Copenhagen from the Opera to Marmor Church with the royale palace (4 Palè) in the middle. Total layout is 13 x 47,5 baseplates (about 3,35 x 12,16 meters). We have used 1 year on this layout (started after LEGO World last year - Marmor Church and the royale ship is build earlier). The total moc/layout has moore that 1 million bricks.

Huge thank`s to the rest of the group/team for making this possible!

Thank`s to Eiker86 for pictures and Anders L. for video :classic:

https://www.flickr.c...86/16519297362/

16519297362_0660cb89eb_c.jpg

16332861490_d3e039e928_c.jpg

16332862460_e173b9330e_c.jpg

Edited by Jim
Embedded images

If there is a Lego-God, then you guys got his blessings!! Really stunning, amazing, beautiful and absolutely massive!

Can the Amalienborg in Legoland please be replaced by htis one? This one is much better, with better details, albeit on a smaller scale. I also love the fact that it doesn't stand alone but has a part of the city next to it.

Thank̀ s for lovely words :classic: I will also tell it to the rest of members in this mocgroup :classic:

About Legoland, they use a scale 1:20 (scale for the brick built figures) and model of Royale Pal̀e (Amalienborg) in Legoland Billund is about 19 years old. Our model is in minifig. scale (about 1:40). Legoland glue/melts etc their bricks together so it can be used for several years, our model has NO glue etc :wink:

The fire was a real fire in 2010.

Edited by Morty

Can the Amalienborg in Legoland please be replaced by htis one? This one is much better, with better details, albeit on a smaller scale. I also love the fact that it doesn't stand alone but has a part of the city next to it.

I agree 100%

Outstanding work!

When some people say, "This is the best MOC I have ever seen", it might be an exaggeration. In this case, I can truly say this is the best MOC ever. More than a million bricks--wow! Wish I could be in Copenhagen to see this. After the model is displayed here, where will it be taken?

Simply Amazing! :wub:

The details are fantastic. Words can not describe how beautiful this is!

When some people say, "This is the best MOC I have ever seen", it might be an exaggeration. In this case, I can truly say this is the best MOC ever. More than a million bricks--wow! Wish I could be in Copenhagen to see this. After the model is displayed here, where will it be taken?

Norway last weekend in april (Norwegian RLUG Brikkelauget`s annual major event), Denmark again first weekend in may (Danish RLUG Byggepladen`s annual major event) and last weekend again in Denmark (Skærbæk Fan weekend) is the plan so far...

:classic:

Whow! That's amazing. I love all the detail and the grandiose scale. Just ama-

*scrolls down and sees second picture*

:oh:

Oowh, very nice! If the beautiful photography doesn't do the trick, that sweet fire effe-

*scrolls down and sees third picture*

*oh2*

No words.

Uh... I... It... *stares open mouthed*

That is incredible.

The fire was a real fire in 2010.

Did the real building survive?

Having walked through that area of Copenhagen just before Christmas it looks pretty much perfect in terms of detail, even down to the trucks and containers on the corner of the church which I assume are associate with the major extension of the Copenhagen Metro system. The only thing that it's lacking is some rain, it was definitely raining in Copenhagen in December.

Edited by The_Cook