I Scream Clone

LEGO 10220 Volkswagon Camper Van

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Thanks to The LEGO Company, Eurobricks is happy to announce the official arrival of the D2C 10220 Camper Van!

From LEGO "This set is an officially Volkswagen licensed representation of one of the most iconic vehicles ever made, and we couldn’t be more excited about it."

10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

Ages 16+. 1,322 pieces.

US $119.99, CA $129.99, DE €99.99 , UK £79.99 , DK 799 DKK, available from October.

This authentic camper van is a replica of the classic Volkswagen Camper Van from 1962. Every iconic feature is here! On the outside, the terrific detailing includes 'V' shape three-way color split at the front, rounded roof and window frames, opening 'splittie' safari windshield, opening doors, iconic pop-up roof with textile curtain surround, roof rack, rear side air intake vents and lots more! The detailing is equally impressive on the inside, from the authentic VW air-cooled flat four cylinder boxer engine, front cabin bench seat, gear stick, angled dashboard and iconic spherical speedometer, to custom LEGO® features like folding rear bench seat, folding dinette table, closet with mirror and even a painting!

•Features 11 windows, authentic plaid-print textile curtains and wing mirror!

•Rear door opens to reveal detailed engine!

•Interior also features rear bench seat that transforms into a bed, ‘Make LEGO Models, Not War’ T-shirt and rear shelf with plant!

•Measures 11.8" (30cm) long and 5.5" (14cm) high!

gallery_2955_116_129711.jpg

gallery_2955_116_109005.jpg

gallery_2955_116_58887.jpg

gallery_2955_116_81816.jpg

gallery_2955_116_89492.jpg

More pics in my EB Gallery

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Here is the official Press Release:

10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

Ages 16+. 1,322 pieces.

US $99.99, CA $129.99, DE €99.99 , UK £79.99 , DK 799 DKK, available from October.

This authentic camper van is a replica of the classic Volkswagen Camper Van from 1962. Every iconic feature is here! On the outside, the terrific detailing includes 'V' shape three-way color split at the front, rounded roof and window frames, opening 'splittie' safari windshield, opening doors, iconic pop-up roof with textile curtain surround, roof rack, rear side air intake vents and lots more! The detailing is equally impressive on the inside, from the authentic VW air-cooled flat four cylinder boxer engine, front cabin bench seat, gear stick, angled dashboard and iconic spherical speedometer, to custom LEGO® features like folding rear bench seat, folding dinette table, closet with mirror and even a painting!

•Features 11 windows, authentic plaid-print textile curtains and wing mirror!

•Rear door opens to reveal detailed engine!

•Interior also features rear bench seat that transforms into a bed, ‘Make LEGO Models, Not War’ T-shirt and rear shelf with plant!

•Measures 11.8" (30cm) long and 5.5" (14cm) high!

Great Price. Great Amazing price. I will have to pick this up. :classic:

Edited by Mrlegoninja

The price is reasonable, I must say. Curious to find out how it looks next to the Beetle :sweet:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!

Thank you for this amazing model!

And thanks to I Scream Clone for the topic :)

I never expected this model to feature such a lovely interior and details!

I so want it now ... (circling 1st of october on the calendar :D )

Edited by le60head

Here is the official Press Release:

Great Price. Great Amazing price. I will have to pick this up. :classic:

Cheers for that, first post updated. Love the interior, even down to the trans yellow spike plates for lights.

It looks awesome like something that an AFOL would build without the studs on top. Very intricate. :classic:

Very nostalgic for me just as lego is, since my parents owned a vw van when i was little. I love the interior the most. I'm definately going to pick this set up. :classic:

This is everything I look for in a LEGO model of that theme and so i am going to buy one because it is excellent.

Moved to top of wanted list... right under the Beetle. This would look great on my display shelf. I love the interior and so glad it is finally released default_classic.gif

I have seen, and touched it, on the unveiling today (actually yesterday by now) and it is really a stunning model.

The only comment that I have is that the pop top has no hole in the roof.

According to the building instructions the details (vw logo, painting, t-shirt, window style, etc.) are stickers, but we couldn't tell.

The price is reasonable, I must say. Curious to find out how it looks next to the Beetle :sweet:

It's on a different scale then the Beetle. It looks smaller, but with much more details.

According to the building instructions the details (vw logo, painting, t-shirt, window style, etc.) are stickers, but we couldn't tell.

Sigh...I can't say I'm not surprised.... :sceptic:

I've always been a fan of VW's and I'm not a hippy. I love the older VW's like the van here and can't wait to get my hands on this. I actually own a VW now and have been driving them for the past 15 years. So maybe that's why I'm so attracted to this model but really it's just such a great design. Lego really outdid themselves on this one. I would prefer a lower price tag but I can understand with this level of detail.

This really is the surprise hit of the year for me. As I've said before, when I first saw pics of it (prelims of course), I wasn't too thrilled and just passed it off as "meh". After seeing the video when it was first leaked a few weeks ago, the set blew me away and became a must have. I haven't felt this giddy looking at all the details in a set for a long time! I love it!

Good sweet Lordy that interior is pretty!

This looks like a winner of a set, not in my budget or style, but very nice indeed.

100 flippin' dollars!!!!! That's it!!? :sweet::thumbup::thumbup:

Can't wait to get my hands on this - I assume it will be near the holiday season. Will have to build my Beetle again and put them both on display!

I love my VDubs so this is a must buy set for me however I prefer my busses a bit closer to the ground so a bit of jiggery pokery in the suspension department will hopefully have it sitting like this-

concept_racing_vw_pickup_014.jpg

Infact I may even buy two and make a replica of that one ^^^!!! :wub:

Edited by charlieboy

The curtains in the windows aren't stickers. You can see how they swing back and forth when he opens the doors in the video. They are the same type of fabric used for making minfigure capes, but in a plaid pattern.

The interior details are what elevates this set to something very special. There is so much functionality for what is essentially a display model. It seems very sturdy as well from the way he was holding it in the video.

The price is quite reasonable when you consider how this is a licensed product.

Edited by Arigomi

I love my VDubs so this is a must buy set for me however I prefer my busses a bit closer to the ground so a bit of jiggery pokery in the suspension department will hopefully have it sitting like this-

concept_racing_vw_pickup_014.jpg

Infact I may even buy two and make a replica of that one ^^^!!! :wub:

[offtopic]That's a really nice Vdub! Luckily you don't live in the Netherlands, with such a low riding experience you would loose the front bumper, oil carter or other parts every 100 meters due to all those speed bumps we have here... :angry: [/offtopic]

I don't think making the set into such a lowrider will be very easy, you will probably have to redesign/rebuild the entire structure to get the wheels in thát low. :classic:

100 flippin' dollars!!!!! That's it!!? :sweet::thumbup::thumbup:

Can't wait to get my hands on this - I assume it will be near the holiday season. Will have to build my Beetle again and put them both on display!

$100 if you get it in the USA. It's $130 in Canada. :classic:

I like the interior. It seems to be more detailed than the Beetle and have about 300 less pieces.

It is a nice model, the interior is detailed and the modularity is even better.

Though I am not a fan of car models, I will buy it as the price is correct and the result is superb !

What a lovely, incredible set. Kudos to that designer!

Sigh...I can't say I'm not surprised.... :sceptic:

Nor am I, but honestly, I think it would be a bit much to expect unique printed elements for this set on top of everything else we're getting for the price. This is a real winner, I think.