kris kelvin

Pirates Advent Calendar

I wish the admiral/governor minifig would have been in it (instead of the very overused skeleton), but otherwise nice minifig selection.

Nice^^ I can't wait to buy it ^^ but there is a mistake on the spelling of " Cadeaux" , they wrote " Cadeux" ^^

Woah! Pics of the advent calendars already?? :pir-oh3: Cool!

It's very nice to see that it will be Pirates themed this year! :pir-sweet: I'm probably gonna get this one because I really want that mermaid and shipwrecked pirate, plus I can't get enough of the new telescope piece! Would have been nice, though, if the governor would have been in this set, and I would have preferred a shark over the swordfish, but oh well.

Let's just hope that it will be available in the US unlike the Castle Calendar last year. :pir-sceptic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for the pic! :pir-sweet:

I'm somewhat disappointed with this advent calender. I had hoped for at least one new minifig (in last years castle AC there were two new). Or that the admiral or the admiral's daughter were in. Now there is only the mermaid that is a real deal for me :pir-hmpf_bad:

Ah well, I will probably buy it anyway :pir_laugh2:

Looks awesome. From what I can see, this calendar includes:

1x Pirate Captain

1x Pirate Steerman

1x Pirate Wench

1x Mermaid

1x Admiral

1x Soldier

1x Shipwrecked Pirate

1x Skeleton

1x Monkey

1x Swordfish <- This looks drawn!

All of the above are good reasons to get it, IMO. But then again, I'm not a pirates-collector - I reckon most people already have most of these figures already.

I'm a wee bit disappointed really. Maybe the bits that come with the figs will make up for it.

The swordfish is the only thing about this that gets my interest. I hope it's the old style shark body. I would love to see the two types co-exist. Not every shark needs to be gigantic. :shark:

This could be a nice thing to have at the event time. But I'm a little dissappointed since there are not much details in it. The Castle event set had lots of useful and rare accessoires.

This could be a nice thing to have at the event time. But I'm a little dissappointed since there are not much details in it. The Castle event set had lots of useful and rare accessoires.
This should be a fun thing to have. :pir-classic: While I agree that I would have been nice to get a new minifig, we can't totally rule out getting one. The picture did still say prelim. Even without a new minifig, I always am happy to get some more pirate pieces, and also a soldier or 2.

Blackmoor, how do you know what accessories will be in it? All we can really see are the minifigs. :pir-wink:

Well, I see some gems, weapons and a spyglass.

The Castle event calendar had a complete turkey, furniture, fruits, fishies and cool minifigs.

Gems and weapons are quite common items. The items in the Castle calendar were quite rare since they are only in the Market Village.

I never got a whole turkey in my Castle Calendar... Just a leg or two.

I'm still hopeful that this will be a lovely item. Last year most people didn't like the City calendar, but I still greatly enjoyed it. :pir-classic:

That looks good, if it comes it will be in my hands, I will have to resist the temptation to open it early though.

It'll be a cheap way to get a lot of minifigs - I'm guessing it'll be for the same price as the Castle one last year (£12.99).

It's a pity there isn't one more minifig, like in the castle one, but I guess the monkey makes up for about a skeleton in manufacturing cost.

I agree about the Imperials though - two identical torsos :pir-sceptic:

Although the one with the shako's hand is partly obscuring his face - could it be a new one? I don't recognise that glimpse of an eyebrow...

Remember, it's preliminary, so please don't post the actual picture, just the link :pir-wink:

I would buy a couple for sure. No reason not to!

If they don't sell it in the US (in stores), they should at least make it available online!

Because lets be honest, most americans have no idea what advent is. Unless you called it Christmas calender or something?

-Super

The Castle event calendar had a complete turkey, furniture, fruits, fishies and cool minifigs.

:pir_laugh2:

I would buy a couple for sure. No reason not to!

If they don't sell it in the US (in stores), they should at least make it available online!

Because lets be honest, most americans have no idea what advent is. Unless you called it Christmas calender or something?

-Super

I think many people in the U.S. know what it is, but I may be wrong.

I think many people in the U.S. know what it is, but I may be wrong.

Well, I know what it is because Im Catholic, but I would say if you asked a majority of Americans they would have no clue.

Could be. Say, why don't you survey a bunch of Americans and find out? :pir-laugh:

Ok, back on topic now! I really do hope that the swordfish will be included, as it looks lovely and would be a great new addition.

I'm not impressed. The castle one was much better. All those figures are currently available in regular sets. At least in the Castle one we got some new/contemporaneously-unreleased figures (jester, maiden, witch).

The Castle event calendar had a complete turkey

No it didn't. The turkey came in the MMV. The jester was the big draw for the castle advent calendar...

Steve