Klaus-Dieter

2010 themes and sets?

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Since all sets of the first half of this year are already out and we've already seen a lot of reviews of the sets of the second half of 2009 we now know - apart from some exclusive sets - nearly all sets of this year.

Nevertheless it's regrettably about two months until rumours, information and pics about sets of the first half of next year will appear. So I thought it would be interesting to know what you think we might get in 2010 for new themes and new sets (please stay realistic, this should be no wishlist but a topic where you post what you think we might see next year).

So what do you think we might get as new themes and new sets in 2010?

Here are my thoughts:

Duplo

Creator

Belville

Cars (new licensed Duplo theme - already confirmed)

Technic

Ferrari

Racers

Castle

Elves theme

City

Winter theme

Shops and/or Housing Area theme (perhaps even with school)

Transportation theme (many trucks, perhaps a depot or even a new harbor set)

exclusive fans' choice set (already confirmed): either City Square or Public Transportation Center

exclusive train set(s)

Indiana Jones

Toy Story 1-3 (already confirmed)

Prince of Persia (already confirmed)

Power Miners

Bionicle

Space Police

Pirates

Soldiers' Ship

additional building for the soldiers

big treasure island

Greeks or Factory Western set(s)

CC styled building

Star Wars

TIE Fighter

Jabba's Palace

SLave 1 And Carbonite Freezing Chamber

Palpatine's Arrest

many CW sets

exclusive big CW set

UCS set

Multimedia and Games

Others and Accessory

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I hope they even out the Indiana Jones theme next year by doing four in Jan. and four in July, instead of two and five (or six). I also expect LEGO to go all out with the Indiana Jones theme next year, seeing as it will probably be it's last year, as most themes only last three years or so. I highly expect a tank for July, mostly because LEGO likes to release larger sets deeper into the year. However, I hope that Indiana Jones is not replaced by Prince of Persia. If it is.....well, you don't want to know( :wink: ).

I hope they even out the Indiana Jones theme next year by doing four in Jan. and four in July, instead of two and five (or six). I also expect LEGO to go all out with the Indiana Jones theme next year, seeing as it will probably be it's last year, as most themes only last three years or so. I highly expect a tank for July, mostly because LEGO likes to release larger sets deeper into the year. However, I hope that Indiana Jones is not replaced by Prince of Persia. If it is.....well, you don't want to know( :wink: ).

The Jones theme can squeeze out 2 or heck even 3 more years if it continues to sell there are plenty of great sets they haven't done yet. ie: ark opening, submarine, map room, club obi wan, tri motor plane, elephants/palace, spike room, bridge, train, library, tank, and grail temple, warehouse, rocket sled, motorcycle chase, and possibly a university. That's 16 sets and according to your theory 2 years worth of sets.

No Palpatines arrest or Slave I. They lost the competition, they won't release them. And definitely not another TIE! They're all pointless, and TLG knows it.

There is a possibility of sets being modeled off of the live-action Boba Fett based TV series though.

No Palpatines arrest or Slave I. They lost the competition, they won't release them. And definitely not another TIE! They're all pointless, and TLG knows it.

There is a possibility of sets being modeled off of the live-action Boba Fett based TV series though.

That's not necessarily true, about the TIE fighters. If you've been collecting for years and years, perhaps, but for those of us like myself who hadn't picked up a Star Wars set until recently, it's a great way for us to get our hands on one without paying the sometimes exorbitant collector's price for an old one on Bricklink. If they released a new TIE fighter I'd buy at least one today. LEGO's key market, children, is one in which many collectors may have moved on from their Star Wars sets since the last TIE fighter was released almost 5 years ago, so their main customer base is one that is constantly regenerating, so need for certain timeless sets as this would regrenerate as well. But either way, I digress.

As to the main post, I can't say I've seen some much hypothetical in one place in my whole life. :classic: I do have to agree with the consensus that Indy is running out of steam. Some of the sets outlined seemed like they'd be dreadful sellers. A Library? I can just see children rushing to buy a Library LEGO set. :tongue:

In 2010, the following themes out of it.

City train

City new themes

Racers

Disney

Pirats

technic

Space police

2 new themes

City train

City new themes

Racers

Disney

Pirats

technic

Space police

2 new themes

Wait, so will there still be indiana jones and or power miners, or is this it for them? And I know that Star Wars can't be ending.

I can't wait for trains, though. I hope LEGO does some more steamers. :thumbup:

starwars still over 2 years and the rest I have no information until today.

starwars still over 2 years and the rest I have no information until today.

I still say there is no way Star Wars is ending. Sorry. Clone Wars is continuing, live action series, plus remakes of film sets = cash cow. It's not going anywhere. Since when is George Lucas turning away people's money? 2010 will feature plenty of Star Wars sets.

City train

City new themes

Racers

Disney

Pirats

technic

Space police

2 new themes

where's indiana jones and star wars. I know both themes will be conitnuing into 2010. Even if there aren't very much more sets for Indy they can still go another year and so can star wars for sure!

City train

City new themes

Racers

Disney

Pirats

technic

Space police

2 new themes

No Star Wars, Indy, or Castle. I hope this isn't a complete list. :sad:

Now wait just a second--!

While "Palpatine's Arrest" and "Slave I w/ Cloud City Landing Platform" both lost in the vote, they lost to an amazing set in the "Home One"! Just because two fantastic set ideas lost to an even more fantastic idea does -NOT- mean that they'll never be made! Obviously "Home One" was going to be made first, but clearly LEGO was thinking about the other two sets or they'd not be included in the voting. With ESB's 30th Anniversary in 2010, I would not be surprised to see the Slave I/Cloud City set in the lineup. At all.

And while we're making predictions, I give 2-1 odds that either LEGO Batman or LEGO Harry Potter gets revived in 2010 for a couple more sets. We'll see...

Edited by MaxGoof

I hope for more Space Police, Indy, Castle and Agents mostly. I'd say what I want from each but I'd prefer to be surprised, though I want that Tank Scene from Indy!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

In my opinion all the current themes will stay (SW, IJ, Castle, Pirates, City, Space Police) with the exception of some of them like Sponge Bob :tongue: . I really want that the TLC focus more their first wave of SW to ESB (Like they mention in an interview) and that the second to more kind of sets apart from those ones inspired by the CW. I think the "Transportation" set will win the poll published by TRU and that a new monorail set is on the way (Or at least hope so). For IJ, I think we will see the submarine from RotLA and the Holy Grail Tmeple but the Tank is a bit hard to tell because of the politic of the TLC to not represent REAL war vehicles. This are all of my predictions and I hope the ESB thing comes true.

Hmm...let's see. Expanding on Legomilk's list a bit with information we have:

-Pirates (Likely a bit more emphasis on the soldiers this time; they only got two major sets - the fort and the cannon battle [not counting the impulse]...)

-City (Trains, "new themes" - possibly more civilian stuff, as has been hinted at by this year?)

-Star Wars (This one's a "duh", lol - more CW and ESB stuff, I'd suppose.)

-Racers (Obviously; likely more of the new fold out track sets plus the usual tiny turbos etc.)

-Disney (Cars, Prince Of Persia, and the one I forgot - PoP sets will definitely be interesting; I'm keeping an eye on them!)

-Castle (I don't foresee this "evergreen" theme leaving us, especially with how well the fantasy sets have been doing. I forsee at least one decently sized "civilian" set, not as big as MMV but decent, and some Elves sets.)

-Technic (More Power Functions?)

-Bionicle (Obviously; they've been confirmed to be coming in 2010 as well and depending on the movie sales...)

-Space Police (Likely at least one ground base for the space police; other than that it's all up in the air here.)

-Rock Band (Although we have the rumors flying of a Harry Potter game coming, and the Batman game was released after the sets were gone, I doubt they'd make a game like this without any set tie ins at all; that'd be...well, something we've never seen before.)

-Harry Potter? (New movie, new game; but I mostly doubt there will be any more sets here.)

-Agents? (Something tells me that 2.0 could very well be our last wave, depending on how they sell - I hope not, though!)

So if we get Rock Band and Harry Potter sets that could be our two new themes; otherwise I'm not sure on what the other one could be. Rock Band seems a safe bet to me, though. (Perhaps the other new theme could be The Hobbit?)

~Trexxen

-Disney (Cars, Prince Of Persia, and the one I forgot - PoP sets will definitely be interesting; I'm keeping an eye on them!)

-Harry Potter? (New movie, new game; but I mostly doubt there will be any more sets here.)

So if we get Rock Band and Harry Potter sets that could be our two new themes; otherwise I'm not sure on what the other one could be. Rock Band seems a safe bet to me, though. (Perhaps the other new theme could be The Hobbit?)

~Trexxen

The Disney you forget is Toy Story, which I am eagerly awaiting.

Harry Potter, however, does not have a new movie in 2010. The new movie is this summer, and if there were going to be any new set(s) tied into it there is no way that we wouldn't have heard about it by now. The first part of movie 7 is in 2011, but if there are no new sets for movie 6 this year than Harry Potter can just about 99% be crossed off any list.

I doubt there will be any Rock Band sets either. I mean, does anyone really want a set with some minifigs, a stage, and some newly molded instruments? I guess it could be kind of cool, but I think this will be a game only.

Finally, the idea of Hobbit sets (which also would be 2011, not 2010) is highly implausible. Lord of the Rings is too dark for LEGO's target audience, and the last time they had the option to make LotR sets they didn't, and some other LEGO-like brand did instead.

Where exactly did we hear confirmed that there would be two new themes? If this rumor is true, I think they will most likely be non-licensed, as LEGO already has new licenses coming up next year.

It's never been "confirmed", but Legomilk is usually dead-on with his posts. I'm pretty sure he has some connection to TLC or something =P

Anywho, I guess you're right about The Hobbit and Harry Potter, but I stand firm that Rock Band would be a good theme. Instruments, "band packs" (like battle packs; genre styled?), and a few sets based on stages ($20 Backyard stage, $30 Resturant, $50 Festival and $100 Arena?); it'd work quite well translated to lego. Maybe some things from the game, too (The touring vehicles, etc.)...

~Trexxen

I agree that Rock Band could be a nice addition to City. If LEGO does make Rock Band sets, there probably won't be more than one wave, just my thought.

What about the return of Dino 2010 :laugh: . Considering that is the year the theme is based around it would only make sense to revive it.

As long as we get gritty sets and dinosaurs made of actual parts :tongue:

As long as we get gritty sets and dinosaurs made of actual parts :tongue:

QFT

I liked Dino Attack but it had it's problems.

replace agents with Jones and you got a list! :tongue: but I doubt that lego will make rock band sets or more harry potter sets. I think the 2 new themes will be western, :pirate: and then the disney theme :sadnew:

Edited by legoindy01

~Trexxen

Shame. I thought the cave from HP6 could make a good scenic set. Lots of BURPs and LURPs, a rowing boat, trans tiles, ...

Maybe the orphanage too (if memory serves correctly - it's a while since I read it)

Mark

I really hope Agents isn't another two year theme. It's really cool and has space for so much expansion.

PoP will be cooool (mmm Jake Gyllanhaal :wub: ) and Rock Band would be intresting, even if I have to put up with an aweful cliche idea of each genres "style" in minifig form. Guitars would be cool (I use the oversized wrenches and chainsaws).

As for the rest? City has to do something cool to get more than a "meh" from me, any news on Castle?