Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"And the random award goes to Mr. Docken!" :laugh:

It wasn't random. We're discussing tracking. I listed what I like to track.

It wasn't random. We're discussing tracking. I listed what I like to track.

"Yeah, I know. Usually, though, I track things I need to track, such as animals for food and Orcs. I hate Orcs."

"Yeah, I know. Usually, though, I track things I need to track, such as animals for food and Orcs. I hate Orcs."

:angry: There's nothing wrong with Orcs. Some are quite friendly, such as Cronk.

:angry: There's nothing wrong with Orcs. Some are quite friendly, such as Cronk.

"Yes, some may be, but that doesn't change the fact that my old boss murdered my wife and child. That is why I am here. I had to flee and go somewhere safe. But I will have my revenge. I don't trust them. I don't trust many people."

Edited by Fives

Lord Boomingham threw back open the doors to Heroica hall. He was, quite frankly, shocked to see the amount of people who had amassed in his one to two day absence... and was even more shocked to see that some people, under the influence of drink, had never left.

Lord Boomingham sat down at a table, and ordered a drink from the Orc bartender. He grinned at her. "Your fat old goat came back." :wink: "If you want to tell me about the Orc Invasion from your perspective, go ahead. I'm not totally unaware that the world has changed in my absence, I am interested as to what Orcs think now a days. Figure out what new schemes you're up to. And I'm still curious about the Veterans."

He then yelled out to the bar. "Anyone want to meet me? Come say hello? Drinks on me if so." He turned back to Scheherazade. "You did say they were free, right?"

Adelric stopped some yards from the entrance to Heroica Hall, taking a moment to study the structure. Barely looking, he secured the ties that suspended his helmet from his saddle-bow, and tucked his new bedroll more securely beneath the saddle. Shrugging out of the arm-straps of his heavy shield, Adelric afixed them to the saddle as well before handing the reins off to a stableboy and giving the big destrier a reassuring pat as it was led away.

Closing a leather-clad hand around the door-ring, Adelric pulled the heavy wooden door open and stepped inside. The knight draped a hand across the pommel of his sword, spurs lightly clanking as he crossed the floor. He was unfamiliar with this place, but walked with the confidence of a man born to battle and used to being in control - of himself as well as of others. While taking the measure of the Hall's many and varied patrons, he caught sight of his goal.

Coming upon the Questboard, Adelric's eyes scanned the rough parchments afixed to the dark wood. A moment later he was marking his name down twice, registering his service to Quest#1: Harvest Time and Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares. Satisfied, he made his way to an unattended table and dropped himself into a chair with the light jangle of mail.

"A drink please, something warm," he called out, nodding gratefully when it arrived. He'd heard much of this place, including good things about its mulled wine. Though what had drawn him here were the tales of the goodly deeds the men and women of Heroica had done. If a knight truly wished to make his mark upon the world, and surround his name in honour - this was as good a place to assure that as any.

A smile crept to Adelric's lips, genuine but thin. "This should be interesting," he half-sighed, watching the other patrons.

6051595600_1b9ef2883d_m.jpg

Ser Adelric : Level 1 Knight

34-year-old Human Male

Power: 4 Health: 10 Gold: 0

Inventory: Longsword (WP 3), Shield (SP 2), Potion x2, Bedroll

Edited by Damien

"I see we have some new guests here today. Very well, it seems as though this place shall only get larger. Time to find a table of mine own."

Said Erdathcath as she walked off to the corner, hoping to meet Alexis sometime soon.

"It's Strange" Boomed Thrain

"It seems everyone I know disappears while i'm awake, never mind" Thrain muttered brushing off the silly idea

"some more ale will clear my head, and where did my salted pork go?" he mumbled angrily his eyes searching the room

"Oh, she's not a rooster. Just a chicken." Atramor scratched behind McCaffery's neck like a cat. She "bawked" softly. "She serves as both a travelling companion and an icebreaker in conversation. Helps, because I move around a lot. And don't have many friends. But you can attribute that to the light fingers."

Atramor stares at one of the trophies again.

"Hopefully we can get a new start, or something or other, here."

(Previous Post, #3)

OOC: Glad you found the post, Pie. :wink: I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to connect the Marketplace posts together so they don't seem as disjointed and out of order :classic: . (Please let me know if you do mind though)

IC: "Yeah." Ruitath agreed half heatedly. While leading a life of crime wasn't all fun and games, he found a rush and exhilaration of life on the run and hiding, and still unsure whether he'd actually want a fresh start.

Shifting the conversation, Ruitath asked, "Have you signed up for a job, yet?"

Atramor quickly replied, "Yes, 'em. I signed up for both the one down at the dock with the warehouse, and the one in the farmer's field."

"I signed up for the one at the Warehouse as well..." Ruitath added and continued asking, "I'm a bit short on supplies, right now and I was thinking I would might stop by market, are you interested in coming?"

Atramor thought for a bit until McCafferey, let out a "Bagawk!". Atramor then said, "Yeah, thinking about it, I could use a thing or 'two."

The two rogues then walked down the stairs looking at all the trophies briefly and exited through the big doorway. Ruitath put up his hood in order to avoid getting caught by the men looking for him. He looked left and right and kept his head down, not trying to draw attention. The two rogues exited Heroica Hall made their way towards the Marketplace... (Continue to post #5, in the Marketplace topic)

~FB~

Edited by Forestboy

Henry wakes up, having a terrible headache. He sees some new people, one being a female human Elven warrior (:wacko:) and another looking like a Crusader. Henry raises a random bottle in front of him, but the Crusader guy doesn't seem to throw any Shurikans. Disappointedly he lowers his bottle again. He picks himself together and staggers to the Quest board. He had already signed up for Quest two before, but he decided he could take on two. Also, there were already quite a bid of applicants. So he signed up for Quest #1 as well.

Then he walks back to his table, mutters something, that sounds like: "Wanna buya beer!" Then he takes his bottle, downs it, and gets unconscious again.

Conversation having lulled Tesni once again started to clean and check Cryf. "A mighty sword needs great care" the priestess had always said and all these new places migh have caused some damage or staining of the blade.

Eric woke up, slowly opening his eyes. The world around him started to shape again, the blackness of sleep slowly, but surely, dissapating. His head felt light, but his arms were heavy. "Guess there is a maximum amount of beers a Norse Barbarian can take," he thought to himself, while rubbing his eyes. He noticed Tesni was once again cleaning her sword.

"What does it mean?" he asked while resting his head on his arms.

"What does what mean?" Tesni replied, not having noticed Eric waking up. She stopped cleaning the sword and looked at her tablemate, who seemed only half awake.

"The name. Cryf, what's its meaning?" Eric asked again, raising his head.

"Ah, Cryfder means Strength in the speak of the ancient high up. This sword was the temple blade in the cave of the mountains power. It was said the gods themselves used it to carve out the lands and was left in the high up to be close to them still."

Tesni Lifted the blade with one hand

"Only the greatest hightribe warriors could ever wield Cryf, none were able to unlock is full power, or so the priestess said. Now as the last, it is my turn to try. These quests might make it change."

Setting the sword down again she smiled. "He is a good blade but I can feel him wanting to be full again."

"Ah, Cryfder means Strength in the speak of the ancient high up. This sword was the temple blade in the cave of the mountains power. It was said the gods themselves used it to carve out the lands and was left in the high up to be close to them still."

Tesni Lifted the blade with one hand

"Only the greatest hightribe warriors could ever wield Cryf, none were able to unlock is full power, or so the priestess said. Now as the last, it is my turn to try. These quests might make it change."

Setting the sword down again she smiled. "He is a good blade but I can feel him wanting to be full again."

Eric had a faint smile on his face as Tesni told the story behind her sword. He looked down as she finished and then to the right, where Godricsleif was seated.

"Funny," Eric muttered, "that our swords share such a similar story"

He looked back up again, his handing resting on his sword's elaborately decorated leather sheath. "Strange how only Barbarians seem to fully appreciate the company of a good sword and treat it with due respect"

Eric stood up and unsheathed his sword, putting the sheath on the table. Sunlight ran along the blade's edge giving the blade a powerful and ethereal look.

"It is truly a work of beauty as well," Tesni said, "even though I prefer my own."

"To each his own" the tall Nord replied, his blond hair gleaming and bathing in sunlight.

Jess woke up at the table.

Sheesh, what do they put in those drinks? Jess wondered, dazed.

Jess noticed that the Barbarians were comparing swords. She decided to put her own in as well, even though hers was much smaller and thinner than the Barbarians' hefty blades.

"Blohdhurm. It means "Blood Harm" in my native tongue. It's oft poisoned, so it causes harm to my enemies' blood. Quite a few people have died from this sword..." Jess trailed off, seemingly lost in thought.

Jess woke up at the table.

Sheesh, what do they put in those drinks? Jess wondered, dazed.

Jess noticed that the Barbarians were comparing swords. She decided to put her own in as well, even though hers was much smaller and thinner than the Barbarians' hefty blades.

"Blohdhurm. It means "Blood Harm" in my native tongue. It's oft poisoned, so it causes harm to my enemies' blood. Quite a few people have died from this sword..." Jess trailed off, seemingly lost in thought.

"Oh, your weapon is poisoned too?" Bacari says, in his thick accent.

Scheherazade watched as the odd woman left. "How can she expect to join any quests when she didn't even tell anything about herself?" she thought to herself. "And where did that snow on her clothes come from, anyway?"

~Scheherazade has some new rumours to share, so check the first post of this topic.~

~The three beginning quests have all been adjusted to allow six people to participate in them.~

Well, you must have had too much mead, or felt sleepy, scheherazade, It was snowing late that night, you know what the weather is like these days... :grin:

And you can expect to hear more of my tale in the coming future.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiro walked over to the barbarian sword showoffs, unsheathed Tenrai doki, and smiled as their jaws dropped.

"I've never seen such a finely crafted katana."one of them bellowed. She resheathed her sword. "It's called Tenrai Doki, or Divine wrath to you, I hope you won't have to come on the wrong side of it, you seem like a nice bunch."

Edited by dragunov

Rubbing here eyes Erdathcath wakes up and realizes it is still early in the day.

Noticing the suddenly large amount of barbarians (whom waste time comparing swords) decides today is the day to find a quest.

Perhaps I shall take on the 2nd Quest.

Trotter awoke to the sound of talking and eating downstairs. He quickly headed down there to break his fast. On his way to get some food, he saw an Elven warrior signing up for the same quest he had. He decided to stop and chat. "Hello. My name is Trotter. There, you can see it on the sign up sheet. What is your name?"

Elgar walks into the saloon and asks for some ale. The barmaid asks why is he soaking wet and his cape torn. He tells the tall tale of his hunting trip to a smaller island, and on his way back a terrific storm started sinking his small boat. He said he had to swim 5 miles before port. But while in port 5 bandits attacked him. He explained how he killed them bare handed. In awe the bar maid gave him another ale as he asked. Weary Elgar strode over to the arm chair in the corner and put his feet up asked fur a cup of tea then fell asleep

Trotter awoke to the sound of talking and eating downstairs. He quickly headed down there to break his fast. On his way to get some food, he saw an Elven warrior signing up for the same quest he had. He decided to stop and chat. "Hello. My name is Trotter. There, you can see it on the sign up sheet. What is your name?"

What? Can you not read? My name is Erdathcath. You seem awful young for an Elf who has headed out on your own. Younglings are getting out more and more these. Still, you seem like a pretty nice Elf. Do you want a cup of Green-Lea Tea? It's on me. :wink:

What? Can you not read? My name is Erdathcath. You seem awful young for an Elf who has headed out on your own. Younglings are getting out more and more these. Still, you seem like a pretty nice Elf. Do you want a cup of Green-Lea Tea? It's on me. :wink:

"Tea sounds great. Also, I'm a Halfling, not an Elf, but the Halflings and the Elves have always had a close friendship."

Hybros the imp wakes from a deep, calm slumber outside beneath some trees. Someone watching him wouldn't realize this, as he slept with his eyes open and in a sitting-up position. Did he even have eyelids? Did he even sleep normally, or just let his mind drift to other places?

Stepping back into the Hall, Hybros rejoins his fellow heroes for more idle talk until the quests started. He hoped he would be able to go on one. It had been a long time since he had had any adventures.

Realizing that with the huge crowd of heroes now present in the hall, Hybros decides to better his chances at making it in to a quest by signing up for all three.

Walking over to the questboard, Hybros signs his name under Quest #1: Harvest Time

"So, has anyone else heard the rumor that you can't be harmed in battle while using an item? That will be useful, I imagine".

Bartholomew enters the Hall to the smells of the kitchen and the sight of a some other heroes comparing swords. Approaching the bar, he ordered a fish and some bread, before settling into a seat to wait.

Bartholomew enters the Hall to the smells of the kitchen and the sight of a some other heroes comparing swords. Approaching the bar, he ordered a fish and some bread, before settling into a seat to wait.

Is there a menu here, because that food you have reminds me of something I love to eat.