vmln8r

Astromech Workplace Contest: Motorized R2 Unit & Hangar

This is a work in progress - the functions are all there (motorized drive, retractable third leg with linked movements to the two main legs, and opening/closing/retractable grabber arm), but I'm not sure about the looks. Whaddya think?

7497403692_899c29fd6c_z.jpg

7497403312_5906c2dd65_z.jpg

Edited by VMLN8R

Unless you're going for a certain look, the front needs to be covered up. I can't really tell what I'm looking at, much less R2-D2

The front could do with some covering but other than that, it looks good so far. Good job default_thumbup.gif

Thanks. There's however a problem with covering the front - that grabber arm folds down and opens up, and I really don't want to lose that function.

It's looking aright so far, much better than TLG version years ago. I'll have to agree that the front looks bare uncovered but can see why you have done this. Can wait to see him in action. Good luck in the comp.

hello I'm new to the forum, I wonder if the LEDs were allowed (even if they are not lego) Thank you.

Escusez me for spelling mistakes or possible because I'm French.http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/default_cry4.gif

hello I'm new to the forum, I wonder if the LEDs were allowed (even if they are not lego) Thank you.

Escusez me for spelling mistakes or possible because I'm French.http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/default_cry4.gif

I think that would be fine. :classic: