8332833476_89dc850f35_c.jpg

Steven, second son of Legonardo. during his study of math and architechture at the grand university at Petraea he fell in love with the land and something - or someone - else. since then he has married a young kaliphite girl and taken residence here in Kaliphlin. this is his home where he and his newly wedded wife live together, designed by robert and built by local builders.

YES I am aware of the spelling errorEdit:errors in the title(s)

8331775109_0a4b58cceb_z.jpg

8332833302_747f1e34af_c.jpg

Hey all, here is my latest freebuild, the main motivation was me playing with domes for the last 1 1/2 weeks, i wanted to use one for something. also it has an Avalonian so its avalonian freebuild points

happy 2013!!!

~Legonardo

Edited by Legonardo

I think it's time to make a law here in Kaliphlin that all those who marry a Kaliphlin girl have to become a Kaliphlin as well (so the points would be for Kaliphlin) :laugh:

By the way, where is the girl in the pic? :wink:

But very nice dome! Although, I wonder what the result would be if you used cheesy slopes to hide the studs :) Because now, there is a small difference between the dome with studs and the rest of the building without visible studs :classic:

Also great use of the lightgreen in the tower to give it a small Avalonian feeling !

Very neat build, especially the slight angle on the stairs and the dome being placed at an angle to the building :thumbup:

Your talents are wasted in Avalonia...you should move to Kaliphlin full time :grin:

Great build Legonardo, especially the domed roof! :thumbup: Nice incorporation of the Avalonian sand green! Like the door too!

I must sound like a dumb parrot but man, LD you keep improving so fast! The irregualr baseplate, the nice corners, the little shed for the horse! It´s all perfect! But what makes this moc stands out and make you as a builder so great is the dk gray under the windows! The first thing that caught my eyes when I looked at the moc and I love that! So small details that really adds so much to the moc! Feels like you have been studying houses and arcithecture and remember that little detail! Well done LD!

...small details...

For me it's the sand on the dome and in the corners of the horse's roof. I'll bet that sand gets everywhere!

I do feel like there should be more windows in a housing structure though, but that's my only complaint.

Your original post of this confused me when you were talking about domes. I had a D'oh moment went it was plain to see. Another nice Kaliphlin build Susan Jr. (Come back to Avalonia! We miss you!)

Thanks all! I have Avalonia on the mind, I have many additions planned, they won't happen till after CVI probably though

I think the grey saddle would look better with a grey brick in it. A lot of people make that mistake, I've noticed. Nice build. I really like the way you did the stairs.

I think the grey saddle would look better with a grey brick in it. A lot of people make that mistake, I've noticed. Nice build. I really like the way you did the stairs.

I certainly didn't notice that and I'm not sure I would've even thought to put a brick in there... Great point and one I'll have to remember, thanks!

I really like this MOC! Everything is perfect except imo the dome. If you had incorporated the planet half piece as the dome I think this may have been my favourite Kaliphlin residence build yet.

haha masa I don't thave any of those, $20 for one of the planets i stoo much, and bricklink isn't much cheaper when you add shipping, but thanks :)

Whoa! $20! I just found the Cloud City planet set on clearance for $5 this week and picked a couple up. But that is in USA, and if I recall LD you are in Australia??

Whoa! $20! I just found the Cloud City planet set on clearance for $5 this week and picked a couple up. But that is in USA, and if I recall LD you are in Australia??

New Zealand, as is Zach :wink:

Edited by soccerkid6

lucky :tongue: no

New Zealand, as is Zach :wink:

yep

Great build! I really like the staircase and it's surrounding rock, and the shelter for the horse. I still can't reconcile the roof, even though it is well done - I have a very hard time with 3-D curves built out of bricks, but that is my own bias. As always, I love your background coloring, and your base. Great job!