If you have any ideas for new species for Historica drop them below. this is not a challenge, we won't vote on wich is the best.

This is just to show people your awesome ideas! have fun thinking!

@32: there are currently so many races that we could use some sort of index indeed.

An index is certainly a good idea. There's many cool races that have been created, but have been lost along the way.

An index is certainly a good idea. There's many cool races that have been created, but have been lost along the way.

Agreed.

The ones I know of are:

• The Tribes of Nocturnus
  • Men
  • Elves
  • Dwarves
  • Orcs
  • Sages/Wizardly Folk
  • Drow
  • The Undead(Referenced in the Bard's Song)

I do not have the time right now to make such an Index, but would be glad to do so once we have agreed on the races we should include. :classic:

Edited by HammerBro33

I'd probably separate out the Nocty tribes into individual races, as they're not necessarily the same thing.

Would we count sub-races, like the Elves- there's a few different ones that have cropped up?

Well, making such an index would actually be my duty as a regulator, but it would be easier if people posted some of the races they have invented in here. I think it would be interesting if the mocs here actually communicated better with each other, like I did with putting LD's Shraliek tribe into my mocs. Actually the Nocturnus tribes contest would be a good start to collect all these races.

An idea to sort these would be like:

Hamanoids

- men

- dwarfs

Insectoids

Reptiloids (or whatever)

and so on

For my part, races I've used are:

Vampires

Werewolves

Reptrians

Caniban

Shkcklyk (Swamp people)

Zombies

Night Elves

Orcs (Greenskinned)

Half-orcs

Cyclops

Shraliek

Ungolians

Obviously these are pretty much Nocty orientated, and could probably occupy their own designation, or some could fit in the "humanoid" category. The most different are the Ungolian.

If I think of any more, I'll add them.

Actually Kaliphlin also has all kinds of creatures. The most common ones in Mitgardia are

Humans

Dwarves

Orcs (green ones)

Elves

Yetis

probably the least diverse guild

Maybe we could also sort them by Guild

probably the least diverse guild

Avalonia;

Humans,

Elves,

Fairies,

Horses.

What was that you said? :tongue:

Vlad, zombies are just dead other species.

So is pretty much every undead. "Stop undead discrimination! Zombies have rights too". ;) Zombies and other undead are a special case, but I'd be inclined to include them- people might miss using them. Which leads me to another point- we need to make sure people realise the index isn't a be all and end all to the species in Historica- it's always great to see people creating new races.

EDIT: @kabel sorting by Guild is a great idea- there might be repetition between guilds, but it would help see which races traditionally are attached to certain guilds. Maybe 4 posts, one for each Guild (do we include Varylio? As I recall they have centaurs in some of their valleys).

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Till date I only used green orcs from castle fantasy era, lotr and the hobbit orcs/uruks, cmf cyclopses and human. I do have 2 more races, but I don't have names for them. Pics will be up this week, as the light is gone now and I don't have time.

Well, making such an index would actually be my duty as a regulator, but it would be easier if people posted some of the races they have invented in here....

Thats great, I thought this might be the case after posting, didn't mean to step on any toes. :blush: Anyways, I like the idea of organizing it by Guild and Sub-race. As for elves, rogue made several different clans from across the Guilds which can be found here.

While I'm not involved in the Historical world at all, it would be interesting if the Chima Minifigs (particularly the new spider people) were integrated into the stories and guilds. It could lend a while new vein of story lines, which could prove very interesting.

While I'm not involved in the Historical world at all, it would be interesting if the Chima Minifigs (particularly the new spider people) were integrated into the stories and guilds. It could lend a while new vein of story lines, which could prove very interesting.

Some of us have used the crocs and wolves, plus there's a whole raven tribe. I do want to see the spider people included!

Some of us have used the crocs and wolves, plus there's a whole raven tribe. I do want to see the spider people included!

You made reference to a race called the Ungolians? What are those? Because that name would be perfect for a humanoid spider race (Ungoliant was the name of the first giant spider that served Morgoth in Middle-Earth, so adopting her name would be a nice nod to Tolkien).

Ah, they're a tribe I created- they're a giant spider-scorpion race. I was indeed inspired by Tolkein! The Ungolian

Ah, perfect! Well, perhaps you could just easily incorporate the new Chima parts into this race somehow. Those Minifigs just look too bloody cool to not take advantage of.

@kabel that looks like a good idea- I think pictures are a good idea.

Ah, perfect! Well, perhaps you could just easily incorporate the new Chima parts into this race somehow. Those Minifigs just look too bloody cool to not take advantage of.

I'd've probably used the new Chima parts, if they'd been available at the time- but the Geonosians make it look a little more unique. I'd be interested to see a full on spider version of the Ungolian.

In the Kaliphlin Book 1 thread there were some posts about races and creatures. It was a nice narrative, but was never compiled into a thread. I'll take some time later to look for the posts.

I think an index of races is a good idea. Another option for this index would be to incorporate it into each guild's sign-up/discussion page (like the Nocturnus Tribes), but I'm not sure how doable this is. (Also, I think there was a bit of concern about too many stickied posts at some point)