Master Architect Challenge

There are many wonders of architecture throughout Historica: massive dwarven halls, lofty elven towers, elegant cathedrals,

and impregnable fortresses. But Revolword and the Elementals have laid waste to many of these structures. Now that Revolword

has been defeated, craftsmen across Historica have started taking up their tools to rebuild the former glory of Historica.

Show your character assisting in either the building of a new architectural wonder, or assisting in the repairs of

a building damaged by the Hand or Elementals. The main focus of your MOC should be on the architecture of the building and construction work on the building.

Maximum size 48x48 (2304 studs in any configuration), minimum size 8x8 (in any configuration).

Deadline: August 1 (as long as it is still August 1st somewhere in the world, entries will be accepted)

Prizes: There will be a winner selected from each guild and they will earn a guild specific parts pack and GoH title: "Master Architect of Historica"

Prize packs:

challenge.JPG

Builds will be scored in 3 categories

1. Guild style

- How well does the build work with the overall styles and theme of the Guild?

Are you incorporating your Guild colors? Does this look like it would fit well within some region of your guild?

If your build is actually set in the lands of another guild, explain where it is and why you're building it.

2. Technique

- Is your build very original? How does your build stand apart?

Have you utilized some new techniques that you haven't seen before? Did you have a very intriguing storyline or

did you show entertaining interactions between the characters in your MOC?

Creativity and originality will help boost your score here.

3. Presentation

- Does your presentation pop? Are your pictures crisp and clear? Did you provide different views of you build?

Did you provide a good description of the build to accompany your pictures? Photo quality is a key aspect.

Post a pic of your entry here, and a link to the topic.

If you have any questions please ask :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Looks like a nice mini-challenge; and it fits well post chapter 1! Can't wait to see the builds for this, and to start my build!

That last part sound familiar... didn't even edit the typo? :tongue::laugh:

This sounds like fun! Will try to enter for sure (and hopefully do better than in your last challenge...)!

Sounds like a fun challenge! I will try to enter, already have a nice and funny idea! :sweet:

Mmm, me gusta the prize pack! Great idea for a mini-challenge! I'll probably enter, once I finish the giant castle I've been working on. :sweet:

Remember all challenges with prizes are to go through EB staff. SK6 got this approved! Now get building.

Looks like a nice mini-challenge; and it fits well post chapter 1! Can't wait to see the builds for this, and to start my build!

Glad to hear you'll be entering, I was hoping for a Nocturnus entry :classic:

Forgot to ask, are we only allowed one entry?

You are, but you'll probably have a better chance trying to make one really good MOC :classic:

That last part sound familiar... didn't even edit the typo? :tongue::laugh:

This sounds like fun! Will try to enter for sure (and hopefully do better than in your last challenge...)!

Hope you'll be able to enter, and if those categories are good enough for the official challenges they're good enough for a minichallenge :laugh:

Sounds like a fun challenge! I will try to enter, already have a nice and funny idea! :sweet:

I would love to see an entry from you!

Mmm, me gusta the prize pack! Great idea for a mini-challenge! I'll probably enter, once I finish the giant castle I've been working on. :sweet:

Good to hear :thumbup:

Hmm... curious and curiouser.

Can I fit this is with other stuff I wonder..

It sounds promising. I would enter unofficially with a digital entry if I may.

Edited by Yooha

Hmm... curious and curiouser.

Can I fit this is with other stuff I wonder..

I hope you can :thumbup:

It sounds promising. I would enter unofficially with a digital entry if I may.

Sure :classic:

Sounds like a really good reason to get out of the post-challenge-VI downtime and get building again...if it hadn't been for a few weeks away from my bricks all of July and a lot of maintenance work due on the house before then. Well, lets see if I can get something together before going away :wink:

Sounds like a really good reason to get out of the post-challenge-VI downtime and get building again...if it hadn't been for a few weeks away from my bricks all of July and a lot of maintenance work due on the house before then. Well, lets see if I can get something together before going away :wink:

I hope you'll be able to, the more entries the better :classic:

SK:

minimum build is 8x8 studs (a slight overhang is fine)

=> so if I build a giant tree on a 8x8 base but with a enormous overhang (diameter less the 48 studs), it would not be allowed? :laugh:

Edited by Damaximus

SK:

=> so if I build a giant tree on a 8x8 base but with a enormous overhang (diameter less the 48 studs), it would not be allowed? :laugh:

:laugh: Good catch :thumbup: I'll fix that :wink:

Great idea for a challenge SK!

:classic:

Thanks! I hope you can enter, you came very close to winning my last challenge :thumbup: which strangely enough was exactly one year ago :look:

Thanks! I hope you can enter, you came very close to winning my last challenge :thumbup: which strangely enough was exactly one year ago :look:

what was your last challenge?

what was your last challenge?

As DM said it was the Commerce Challenge, you entered several times :wink:

I've finished my rather humble build for this challenge "Fortifying Falhaven"

9005479543_bd0a92bf97_n.jpg

good intermediate challenge, but right now I'm more into landscape building ... so I guess I wouln't enter