MOC: Canadian Train Station

6 replies to this topic

#1 Chorduroy

Chorduroy

Member: 15568

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Indexed by Moderator

Hey all,

I built this train station for a show a while back.  I based it on an old train station in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada since that's where our show was taking place.  Unfortunately, the display didn't allow for me to place it near any actual tracks, so it's just all by itself.  But I still like the look of it, and thought I'd post it.

Posted Image
Station3 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

Posted Image
Station2 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

Posted Image
Station1 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

#2 Wabbajack

Wabbajack

Member: 30263

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

It is a shame it didnĀ“t have trains and tracks. Its beautiful. Maybe should be moved into the trains section.

#3 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

A great pity there are no tracks as it is a nice looking building. Just curious though, which side would the tracks be on as there is no obvious platform in your photos? I am therefore guessing that it would be around the other side opposite the clock tower and that the platforms would extend out from where those three large (Look like garage or warehouse doors?) doors are located?

#4 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Even without tracks it's still quite impressive! Very well done  :classic:
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#5 Paddyb98

Paddyb98

Member: 32801

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

I agree with Hrw-Amen. A picture or two with a train coming in or something similar would be nice.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."- Mark Twain

#6 Man with a hat

Man with a hat

Member: 15917

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Well it is a big, massive building, but if you didn't tell it was a station I would have some trouble guessing it.
But all things considered it does closely resembles the original (Google is alway useful).

Edited by Man with a hat, 06 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#7 Chorduroy

Chorduroy

Member: 15568

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostHrw-Amen, on 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

A great pity there are no tracks as it is a nice looking building. Just curious though, which side would the tracks be on as there is no obvious platform in your photos? I am therefore guessing that it would be around the other side opposite the clock tower and that the platforms would extend out from where those three large (Look like garage or warehouse doors?) doors are located?

The actual station has tracks on the side opposite the clock tower.  The building is no longer a train station, but a liquor store, flower shop, and tanning salon, while the multi-story part is municipal offices.  I also took a couple liberties with the design and didn't include the warehouse portion to the side where I put the air conditioning units.

Here is the building as it was way back when:

Posted Image
mjstation by Chorduroy, on Flickr

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users