Sign in to follow this  

Riverwatch Falls

A watchtower protecting a bridge over a wild river, situated just above a small waterfall. Semaphore tower with signal engineers, signal fire and drawbridge included.

Built as part of a Local Challenge for the Lands of Roawia.

22876597780_219c34d6ea_b.jpg

22876594070_a2b01ddf12_b.jpg

23172407315_b3f2a27e45_b.jpg

22804449009_4b583d50d5_b.jpg

More images in the flickr album.

Besides the main attraction (the castle) here's something I noticed that I thought was interesting. Instead of leaving the dark bley wall, you put slopes in it to break up the monotony. To you, sir, I say great work!

Looks great.

I like the whole build itself. a Bright and 'happy' scenery.

One of the things I really like is the waterfall, and the stairs to the 'beach'.

Semaphore towers are quite rare in the Lego world (I can only think of one more here on EB) and this one is lovely. The structure is nice with the brown over grey and the basic architecture is good. In my opinion you can't go wrong with bridges beside waterfalls, and the rest of the scene looks naturally placed as well. The tree design is a little more basic, and due to it's size I think it detracts from the tower a little, but that's strictly up to you. I really like the drawbridge and overall this is very nice. Good work.

Absolutely gorgeous!

The building looks amazing and the waterfall is just stunning.

Very impressive stuff

Semaphore towers are quite rare in the Lego world (I can only think of one more here on EB) and this one is lovely. The structure is nice with the brown over grey and the basic architecture is good. In my opinion you can't go wrong with bridges beside waterfalls, and the rest of the scene looks naturally placed as well. The tree design is a little more basic, and due to it's size I think it detracts from the tower a little, but that's strictly up to you. I really like the drawbridge and overall this is very nice. Good work.

In retrospect, I agree that the tree doesn't really fit with the rest. It was the first large tree I have built in years, and I haven't found a style that fits me.

To be fair, the main topic of the challenge was water, so it is rather the other way around, the tower got too big for the whole MOC and unintentionally became a focal point. I didn't think it through and i kept getting bigger and bigger.

Phenomenal, the build is an excellent example of how beautiful clean style can be :wub: I love your design, I wish I had even just half your skill :laugh:

Edited by Isundir

What's the point of having drawbridge if you can use a ledge to pass it? Also there is no gate so after I pass the bridge I have like 5 studs space to go inside.

Except that it's a really nice MOC. Waterfall and tree are really good.

Beautiful build packed with lots of interesting details to appreciate :thumbup: The non-standard layout of the fortress is really attractive, as is the double waterfall layout :wub:

The architecture, bridge, water features and signal tower are wonderful. But the sense of humor in this build is absolutely priceless!