Sign in to follow this  
Odin's son Fred

The Blackthorn

When Xander Wraith and friends fled from Nocturnus to pursue a life of adventure, they stole the Blackthorn and now use it to get around to the ports of Historica on various jobs of both a legal and illegal nature.

6826625011_cb8ddc9bd8.jpg

On the front of the ship are ramming blades and an ancient artifact known as a Doomsphere which is capable of firing out bolts of magic energy (fantasy version of a death ray)

6826625233_e71598f01f.jpg

The crow's nest not only allows for spotting but also gives a clear field of fire for archers

6826625383_e59c55ca17.jpg

The side blades can be kept up to help protect the riggings from passing ships trying to cut them or be lowered to try to do some cutting of their own.

6826625611_bac8e0f345.jpg

Captain Xander Wraith at the wheel

6826626061_b08754fc46.jpg

Very interesting ship with the ball and socket attachments on the side - i like it! I am not so sure of the ramming blades - i think they would be much more effective if they were located closer to the waterline.(look at pics of triremes and you'll see what i mean) Nice work! :classic:

Nice ship! I like the use of the technic blades, and the batarang as a hair piece. I also like the crow's nest. It's nice to start seeing ships on here.

Thank you guys.

The bat-a-rang in the hair, the skeletal parts and black clothing help give the whole Nocturnus refugees look (and a werewolf in the crew doesn't hurt either).

After doing a Google search I see what you mean about the ramming blades. I'll have to see if I can rework the front some to get them securely attached lower. Since the ship is a modded Black Pearl set the front is mostly two big solid pieces. Maybe have some plates attach to the bottom to help hold the cross hole bricks in that the arms holding the blades attach to. If I can work in some changes I'll post them here.

It seems our Nocturnus navy keeps growing. Well done on an neat build.

Actually, I think your navy is shrinking. They stole the ship from Nocturnus.

Hehe :laugh:

Btw great ship, nice thinking with all those details. :thumbup:

Thank you guys for all the compliments.

That is a great ship!

The bones fixed with the skeleton feet are a good option.

I made it this way:

post-22070-132860138253.jpg

That way works too. I wish they made a mid length bone that I could use in the crows nest. I may at some point go back and get some more skeleton legs and a bunch of the little bones and do a ring all the way around.

It seems our Nocturnus navy keeps growing. Well done on an neat build.

Sorry but are refugees from Nocturnus living in Kaliphlin. A buddy of mine that I play Brikwars with is in Nocturnus so I thought tieing in my background to there would give his Fright Knights and Skeletons a good reason to be fighting my Pirates and Ninjas.

Or borrowed for an indefinite amount of time...lol

Hehe :laugh:

Btw great ship, nice thinking with all those details. :thumbup:

Once I get the budget for it I'm thinking about replacing the chain railing in the front with bone railing. The chains match the side and the mast but a a little too long for that part of the ship and I think the bones would look better than a lot of little chains strung together.