Finally the next chapter of my story in the Nocturnus Resistance.

Make sure to read this one first:

Glance into the future

24889749439_e028f5510f_b.jpg

"Our board council prefers to keep a sceptical attitude towards your youngest plans, my lord." So many words for so less content. Osric wondered if the Strigoi enjoyed steeling time of their mortal clients by pointless statements. "These plans are yet not firm. The situation is changing from day to day. But we must take action soon." Osric could see the lifeless eyes of the vampire lurking out of their deep and dark holes:"Time lessens indeed for your cause. And so does any confidence. Our institute demands securities. While your success in the Kaliphlin war was with no doubt highly gratifying, this campaign offers very few capital gains." The rat's tail was winding in anger by that last comment:"It is not about profit. My cause is nothing other than the survival of the east. And for your business' sake this should be your request as well. What future will your it be for the Royal Bank of Nocturnus when the Spire triumphs? Do not forget that.". The Strigoi began to stare in a menacing way at the lord of Skavenport. His voice was now unconcealed in its snarling nature:"My lord... the Bank of Nocturnus has seen countless dynasties rise and fall. We have outlived wars like rainy seasons. We were always there. We have always been. Doubtless there could be found an agreement with lord Raavage. We are not bound to every day politics. For now, we rate your credit worthiness higher than that of the Black Spire. But evaluation can be changed. You better do not forget this. I will report your request to our council. Good even, my lord rat."

It was late in the night, when Aethelrat and Dunstan arrived in the council chamber, finding their lord in deep thoughts.

24961820210_4c2b851256_b.jpg

"I greet you, my bolt captains." Osric enjoyed the presence of these two, although not the reason for it. "My lord, whatever your decision may be, our men can be ready for march within two days." The man with the harsh lineaments stood ready to attention, as always. "I still haven't decided now, Dunstan. Things have changed as you will be aware soon." Osric went to the end of the long table, and made a gesture to follow him near the fireplace:

25164271361_e49d74c3e3_b.jpg

"Three ravens, three messages. One is bad, one is good, and one is probably worse than the first. I haven't decided on this as well. Choose what comes first!". Dunstan was a soldier as loyal and brave as the most honoured Avalonian knight, but he jsut was a soldier. He could easily be overwhelmed by too much choices. "May I suggest, my lord, to act chronological." Aethelrat was more of a gambling nature. He loved to act in a posh attitude, but nonetheless as reliable as Dunstan.

Osric tried to remember which raven had arrived at first. He was sure it had been the one carrying the bad news:" So be it. This one arrived in the morning. It came from a spy in Port Wrath. He reports the death of Lord Vladivus."

His captains didn't seem surprised too much. Aethelrat spoke first: "I hear this rumour in every tavern from the Northern gate to the harbour. Our spy probably spent his pay on a beer in Port Wrath and picked it up from someone." The rat captain looked pitying:" I still don't believe it, my lord. How often did one hear word on the street that Raavage had been seen plugging your head on a pike. And you are still enjoying our company." "Our spy reports he saw one of Vladivus' own men selling his master's skull to a witch clan."

It took his captains a moment to digest. "It...could still be anyones skull. It is said that most skulls in Historica are nearly identical." Aethelrats voice proved his self confidence a liar. "Perhaps. But it is fact that the lord of Shadowmere vanished, and until his return, may it be from exile or grave, he cannot help us. And this questions our whole campaign." Osric took the second letter, when Dunstan finally had found words to comment on the first one: "Lord, even if we lost lord Vladivus, there is still Shadowmere. We have pacts that must be fulfilled. I can not counsel you to remain in Skavenport." "Then hear now the second message, from Sultan's Gate: Pharao Ankh Mora'Raa gathers his forces in Kaliphlin and prepares for a march to the Darklands. He calls for every loyal man in the South to join in our fight." "Wonderful words, in my ears, although I wonder how many 'loyal' men he may find in his own realm." Aethelrat had found back to his regular cheerfulness.

Lord Osric knew he now had to destroy this silver lining with the last raven: "I made a decision. After discussing the first two messages I am now certain that I find this last one even worse than the first one. While the lost of lord Vladivus is a great tragedy for Nocturnus, he is at last only one man. And this letter is about armies. The Drow have returned. In inestimable numbers. A plague upon these lands, they are spreading out of the ground from Scarborough to the Claw Breakers, And from the eastern sea to the Rakath."

The two captains of Skavenport stood there with aghast faces, struggling for words. This time, Dunstan was the first ready to reply: "Is there any sign that these hordes are an ally to the Black Spire? Unlikely that so many of them would care about what is going on on the surface."

"No, we have no information about their intentions yet. But there has never been something other than the lust for war. You know my position in this. There is no peace with the Drow. No coexistance. Only a decision: freedom or slavery. Survival or Extinction. Anyhow, we must..." "Mylord!". Osric was abruptly interrupted by an entering rogue and the impact of the door.

24626793234_e353b96de5_b.jpg

For a second one could have seen the exp<b></b>ression of astonishment on Osric's face. But it changed immediately in calculated disapproval: "It seems that I missed out the council meeting that declared council meetings open for everyone to rush in and interrupt. What is this all about?" The rogue seemed embarrassed, struggling where to begin: "My lord...it is your law that every wizard, mage, sorcerer, witcher...every harnesser of magic must be recorded and reported to you." "So it is. I demand a weekly report. Weekly, soldier. So, for your own sake explain what makes this wizard such a special being that you felt the necessity to interrupt my small council? And unless it is Victor Revolword himself milking ale out of a two headed unicorn, I will be hard to convinced."

Dunstan and Aethelrat had bother to hide their smirking. The poor rogue was certainly sure that he had done his duty exemplary. He responded: "I know, sire, but that wizard... when we found him, he immediately demanded being brought to you. He tells many weird things. About the Black Spire, lord Vladivus, and things about your fate."

As always, thank you very much for having a look. And of course for reading! Oh, and for those of you who did read all of it, here are overall pics!

24889758029_486c4e26e8_b.jpg

25257434315_659109c2dd_b.jpg

Edited by Jacob Nion

Now I gotta step up my storyline. The interior is exquisite, the stone work has just the right amount of detail and doesn't look too busy. I too am wondering where the drow will land in our civil war.

Oh, great! :wub: I love the floor, and the furniture, and the walls... But my favoured part is the fireplace

The interior is great, especially the wall decorations. Everything fits together, the wall, the floor, the furniture and all the little decorations like the books and the flags.

Nice story! The build is really something special. I really like the entire scene, but my favorite are the assorted pieces of furniture, etc.

Very nice! I'm not sure if I said this before, but I really like your rat race.... errr I mean your rat tribe! :laugh: They really bring a unique aspect to GoH.

Excellent build Jacob Nion, the floor is superb (I'm going to have to steal borrow that sometime! :wub:) , and the walls and furniture are fantastic as well! Great job with the fire and the figs too, and (as always!) I'm looking forward to the progression of the story! :wink::thumbup:

That statue design is definitely something I'll remember for builds of my own in the future :wub: Lots of good detailing all over here, I like the fireplace and doorway especially :classic:

Lovely interior, the floor is really good! Mind if I borrow that technique? The fireplace is great as well! :thumbup:

Wow! A great story backed up with a great build! What pieces make up the wood panel above the fireplace?

Another beautiful build of yours! The subtility and finesse of the interior is splendid :thumbup: Also, congratulations on reaching the Guilds's Weekly! I waited with commenting until I had time to read your story, and that was worth it. I'm back up-to-date with the ongoing tensions in the Darklands; with the Drow, Black Spire and the Desert King...

As always, I'm looking forward to your next build :wink:

So much to Love in This moc! The fireplace is the best detail for me! The different Wall sections really add to the moc!!

Thats a gem moc man... Lovely moc base and floor. Fireplace is amazing too!! Overall an excellent moc! :wub: :wub:

Impeccable design! Builds like these makes me want to spend more time on my own builds, in order to refine them to a degree that you have attained here. Excellent job!

This is awesome! I'm getting a castlevania vibe from the style! I also love the use of a snake as a rat tail! :thumbup: