ACPin

UCS TIE Vviper [completed]

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

On its own merits, the UCS TIE Vviper is an excellent fighter that should not be overlooked.

The TIE Vviper incorporates shields, boosted laser cannons, improved armor, and a hyperdrive.

A powerful generator provides power to all of these systems

with enough leftover to bring the Vviper's speed above that of a TIE/ln.

Modified as a hybrid fighter for the

Novvember Vic Viper builds!

8205203935_888d8dd8da_c.jpg

UCSTIEVviper-a00-045EB.jpg

UCSTIEVviper-a01-017EB.jpg

UCSTIEVviper-a10-032EB.jpg

UCSTIEVviper-a19-024EB.jpg

UCSTIEVviper-a17-035EB.jpg

UCSTIEVviper-a22-033EB.jpg

Posted November 17, 2012

Still working on it...

8193100493_3782b49e6d_c.jpg

AC

I really do not see the point of such a post...

We actually do not see anything of the model.

And you do not say anything about your building process.

If you do not have anything to put in your message, then do not post anything. :hmpf:

I'm of a different opinion.....looks quite cool with that tease shot 'ACPin' :thumbup: .......'Anio' it's 'AC's style of posting over the years....gets you thinking what is he up to ? :grin:

I look forward to your next update 'ACPin' and Brick On ! :grin:

We actually do not see anything of the model.

And you do not say anything about your building process.

If you do not have anything to put in your message, then do not post anything. :hmpf:

Well, hello there! I don't know where you're coming from to actually respond how you did and I don't think it warranted too harsh of a response either. Ever thought of positive reinforcement for anybody trying to show their work? :hmpf_bad:

If the post is still too complicated for you to understand, it's still a work in progress. Get it?

I'm of a different opinion.....looks quite cool with that tease shot 'ACPin' :thumbup: .......'Anio' it's 'AC's style of posting over the years....gets you thinking what is he up to ? :grin:

I look forward to your next update 'ACPin' and Brick On ! :grin:

You know it's coming and will be done in time for turkey day! :laugh:

Ooh! TIE Vic-Viper I'm guessing?! I should have thought of doing something like that for Nnovvember....

Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Yup and I actually mentioned about it in my previous entry.

AC

Ooh, the proverbial, imagination inducing teaser shot. :tongue: Looks interesting nonetheless. Looking forward to the next update with more info.

Well, TBH, I don't usually hang out in the Star Wars section of the forum, although I think I added your Naboo VV to my Flicker "Favorite" list (if not I'll do that now before I forget).... I just happened to notice this thread while passing through.

Well, hello there! I don't know where you're coming from to actually respond how you did and I don't think it warranted too harsh of a response either. Ever thought of positive reinforcement for anybody trying to show their work? :hmpf_bad:

If the post is still too complicated for you to understand, it's still a work in progress. Get it?

I know what is a WIP, thanks.

But your first post has nothing to do with a WIP. There is indeed no explanation of your building process, no explanation of the approach you try to achieve, no explanation of your goal, no explanation of the techniques you try to use, and even no photos.

Oh yes, there is 1 photo. A photo where we can barely see a windscreen and a dozen of slopes.

Moderators should be glad that you spam and tease on purpose with dull messages. I am sure they would appreciate if everyone could post such messages. :thumbup:

:wink:

Edited by Anio

Always a tease AC :wink:

Cant wait to see your progress. I see you have used the cockpit piece from the UCS TIE Interceptor, so I guess it will be built to scale with that and you use old grey colours?

Keep bricking! :thumbup:

Edited by mortesv

*Snip*

He always does it, it's a nice build up to a great MOC or scene.

I love TIE variants ACPin, can't wait for more of this one.

Nice preview, looking forward to seeing how it all develops. :thumbup:

I hope you're referring to your own post here, as that's the only one your comments fit.

Good advice. Take it to heart so we don't need to discuss this further.

Very interesting AC, it's always nice to see you getting out of your comfort zone (massive dioramas) and trying on a new challenge with SW vehicles. I loved your previous Naboo VV, and I'll be looking forward for the completion of this one. :classic:

As always a I'm intrigued. Is this just a tie fighter, or a tie tank, or a tie army, or maybe an entire death star and this is a close up of a hangar. :classic:

I can't wait to see.

If its anything like the pictures i googled then it will be excellent!

Very nice AC. I was wondering if you are using any particular renderings for inspiration?

I know what is a WIP, thanks.

But your first post has nothing to do with a WIP. There is indeed no explanation of your building process, no explanation of the approach you try to achieve, no explanation of your goal, no explanation of the techniques you try to use, and even no photos.

Oh yes, there is 1 photo. A photo where we can barely see a windscreen and a dozen of slopes.

Moderators should be glad that you spam and tease on purpose with dull messages. I am sure they would appreciate if everyone could post such messages. :thumbup:

:wink:

Please do not post in this disrespectful tone.

WIP topics are perfectly fine, as long as the builder doesn't create a new topic every time there is an update. This topic gets us excited for the MOC, and ACPin has shown in the past that he certainly does not spam up the forum.

You sure know how to tease AC! Interesting TIE variants are always a treat, so i can't wait to see more! :laugh:

Thanks all for your comments, but enough chit-chat and just enjoy the completed MOC!

Oh I will :wub:. The shaping of the pylons and wings, the build of the guns, the little greebles at the back of the wings.

My only problem is the engines look a bit too small for such a large craft :grin:.

Love it looks just like the pics i found of it, my only gripe is that the top fin looks a little chunky??

Great looking Tie, your works are always excellent.

It's a TIE Vviper! :grin:

Nice work, as usual! I'm really diggin the wings, especially! :wub:

Definitely the wing design was what I concentrated on getting the right look.

Oh I will :wub:. The shaping of the pylons and wings, the build of the guns, the little greebles at the back of the wings.

My only problem is the engines look a bit too small for such a large craft :grin:.

There was a different design that I tried with some of the bigger plastic wheel hubs but found the overall look of the back somewhat funky. So in the end I just stuck with the original engines.

Love it looks just like the pics i found of it, my only gripe is that the top fin looks a little chunky??

This is one that I based the wing design on.

300px-TIEViper.jpg

I've actually tried the top fin as a single stud width but found it too thin. I guess it all boils down to personal preferences.

AC

I can see what Cavegod means about the top centre fin. I think I would prefer it to not have the single middle fin on top of the cockpit at all and let the rest of the really nicely detailed creation do the talking. It kind of detracts from everything else. Well, personal preference :P

But great job on it, the wing design does look really nicely pulled off! Definite attention to detail :thumbup: