madsen1997

[Lpub crashing while printing and editing]

Hi!

I got some problems with Lpub [Again]

at first it loads the instruction just fine with no errors, but when I try to print it into PDF or trying to load more than 1 pages at the time,

it is showing this message, https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

and then loading partlist and no steps/image on the page. https://www.flickr.c...op/27002238712/

And if I check the assembly file in LDview, it has no errors... but keep crashing in Lpub....

Anyone got an idea why this is happening? ...

Complete assembly file with submodels: https://www.dropbox....z7uo88Wfaa?dl=0

I have no idea what causing this, so I asking you :D ...

There seems to be something going on with these commands on page 26:

0 !LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN ROTATED

0 !LPUB CALLOUT POINTER RIGHT 0.882 0.088 0.636 0

0 !LPUB CALLOUT POINTER BOTTOM_RIGHT 0.204 0.769 0

0 !LPUB CALLOUT END

I encounter this issue regulary. As in your case, this is the renderer (LDview) that crashes.

It' not a persistent problem as it works fine when i start a new printing.

What version of LDview (32 or 64) do you use? What's your OS? How many ram has your video card?

Ok... same here....

LDview is 64 version.

using Win 10 Home and has 8GB ram :classic:

Happens for me as well. It seems like LPub3D handles LDView issues better than latest LPub.

Running these in Linux via Wine, so I suspect hardware is not related here.

It seems that I have also encountered this problem.

I get the same "Runtime Error" message. It is weird, because Lpub has handled bigger models (on the same project settings) with no problem earlier. And it handled almost all steps from the assembly, it started crashing after whole model began to show on the steps. Is there a way to fix it?

Did you try the newest LPub3D version (2.0.3.729.1)? The changelog includes something about pdf export fix. Maybe it fixed your problem(s) too?

Did you try the newest LPub3D version (2.0.3.729.1)? The changelog includes something about pdf export fix. Maybe it fixed your problem(s) too?

Yes, I have tried it. Crashes exactly on the same step (Windows 10). I have something that I call "working station" with Windows XP onboard, and it uses Lpub 4.0 and it worked without a problem so far. Each instruction I have made was created on it.

But now it is not able to process files that were made from scratch (and worked) like my MAN TGS. It confuses me, because I did not changed anything in those programs since last use...

Edited by M_longer

It seems that I have found solution for this problem.

In LDView Preferences I have set Memory usage to Low. And it works like it should, without any errors.

It seems that I have found solution for this problem.

In LDView Preferences I have set Memory usage to Low. And it works like it should, without any errors.

Why haven't I thought about this earlier :wacko: .... going to try it... Thnx :wink:

Why haven't I thought about this earlier :wacko: .... going to try it... Thnx :wink:

I have spent a week on trying to figure that out, sooo you know ;)

Anyway, I have just printed a PDF and it did not crashed while processing the file.

I have spent a week on trying to figure that out, sooo you know ;)

Anyway, I have just printed a PDF and it did not crashed while processing the file.

cool ,,, sounds really good :D .... I haven't tried yet... :sweet:

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but I have the same problem, and setting memory usage to low didn't help. The issue is so severe, that after a certain step, all steps have this issue (EDIT: not all, just many pages), this makes rendering (and navigating) the thing practically impossible. My video card is not the best, but still, the pages are rendered eventually, so there may be a solution apart from buying a new computer.

Edited by Lipko

Looks like it's time to upgrade your video board... I got this kind of problems (with LDView and LDCad) and huge models. I had a 512Mb memory Geforce 210, changed to a 2Mb 2Gb Geforce GT730, now works fine.

Edited by Philo
Thanks legolijntje ;)

2 hours ago, Philo said:

Looks like it's time to upgrade your video board... I got this kind of problems (with LDView and LDCad) and huge models. I had a 512Mb memory Geforce 210, changed to a 2Mb Geforce GT730, now works fine.

A 2Mb card? I certainly hope you made a typo there :laugh: :wink:

Are you using the 64 bit version of LDView (if possible) because LDView can be very memory hungry with larger models, and once it hits ~2GB it will crash.