Price:??

gallery_148_94_26111.jpg

Front

gallery_148_94_33454.jpg

Back

gallery_148_94_37234.jpg

Side

gallery_148_94_346162.jpg

Six numbered polybags + one, one Dark Bluish Gray Baseplate 32 x 32 and one Dark Bluish Gray Baseplate, Road 16 x 16 with Driveway.

gallery_148_94_149208.jpg

Content of bag 1.

gallery_148_94_235812.jpg

Content of bag 2.

gallery_148_94_7143.jpg

Content of bag 3.

gallery_148_94_21099.jpg

Content of bag 4.

gallery_148_94_93189.jpg

Content of bag 5.

gallery_148_94_161963.jpg

Content of bag 6.

gallery_148_94_143448.jpg

Content of last bag.

gallery_148_94_217598.jpg

The DSS! But I really like these, the style remind me of the movie District 9 :sweet:!

gallery_148_94_303522.jpg

Instruction booklet 1.

gallery_148_94_29967.jpg

Instruction booklet 2.

gallery_148_94_194990.jpg

Random page.

gallery_148_94_346794.jpg

Partlist page 1.

gallery_148_94_45764.jpg

Partlist page 2.

And now to the build itself, let´s start with the minifigs!

gallery_148_94_57485.jpg

Frontal. The Police guys are ok, but the bad guys rock :sweet:!

gallery_148_94_25137.jpg

The other side :tongue:! Printing on all backs of the torsos and one of the Police heads. Sweet!

gallery_148_94_63201.jpggallery_148_94_93072.jpg

Two views of Craniac. You gotta to love the Trans-Light Blue axe blade!!

gallery_148_94_49593.jpg

Jawson looks a bit pissed off :laugh:!

Now I´ll skip the building process and the close-ups on each of the vehicles because I know there will be a more detailed review by someone very soon, got to leave some fun for them!

But here´s some pics of the finished set ........

gallery_148_94_41099.jpg

The whole enchilada :thumbup:!

gallery_148_94_24288.jpg

The prison transport vehicle with a tube of Jawson!

gallery_148_94_14198.jpg

Craniac tries to escape, the two Police Officers in pursuit on their space bikes.

gallery_148_94_141915.jpg

The control room. Best view on the Central!

gallery_148_94_213591.jpg

Rear of the Police Central. The transport vehicle won´t fit on the baseplate with the curtain doors closed :hmpf_bad:.

gallery_148_94_16002.jpg

Please watch out for the closing doors! Pretty cool feature to have it move horizontal compared to the usual vertical use :thumbup:!

gallery_148_94_183251.jpg

. Those two parts will make the train heads go nuts! It´s the same as the red one in the TS3 train 7597.

gallery_148_94_158577.jpg

Ok, I´m out of here! They´re starting to blast away with their Kill-O-Zap guns :look:!

I´ll also leave the final verdict for the next one to decide, but I had a great time building, love the alien minifigs and the DSS - so it´s a strong :thumbup: from me!

Great review Mike, really enjoyable.

I like your android bulldog too.

The criminals are expanding, and I love it!

Thanks for the review. This set looks really nice and very classic with the landing pads and the domed windows.

I love the little veichles and this is a must get set. :classic:

Awesome review thanks CM :thumbup:

And you're right, the baddies Rock! :wub:

I'm speechless, it's so amazing! I love that trans axe blade. :wub: What's wrong with the red villian's teeth?! :tongue:

Why do the SP have giant black and red targets over the pods? Now that's something that makes sense because it doesn't make sense. :thumbup:

Edited by indianajones

This is a great set! I was a bit skeptic of all that open space on the ground, but from your pics, it doesn't seem that bad :classic:

Craniac is ridiculously awesome. I'm going to attempt to amass an army of them if I can.

*Jaw drops to the ground*

Holy crap, I'm gonna buy the whole set just for the baddies, and that FRICKIN' AWESOME axe head!

Thanks for not doing a really in-depth review, I didn't need one.

I know now from just those few pics that this set is a must-buy.

I have the set. my biggest issue with it is the lack of minifigs. it could use at least 2 more officers. Also that big hole in the side could easily have been covered with a few plates.

AWESOME playset, COOL transport, NICE alien attack craft and what a building, it's about time for a new space themed building eh ? :grin:

But I must say since the impulse minifig bagged spaceman comes with a NEW ray gun, both the goodies and baddies would use them, dam it those old ray guns from 1979 are getting a bit old to be in a modern set ! :wacko:

Apart from that, it's like I said above.......AWESOME !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This set looks awesome! Thanks for giving us this preview! :D

I'm gonna have to get this one, even though I'm not a huge sci-fi fan. It's just too cool! The variety and awesomeness of the parts would be sooo useful in lego town moc-ing. Even the dss has some pretty cool designs!

Thanks for this wonderful look at the Space Police Central!

I had a lot of doubts about this base back when we first saw the preliminary pictures, but that's excellent proof that you shouldn't pass final judgment on a set until it's been officially released. If there is one more SP3 set that I have to pick up, it's definitely this one.

The set is very reminiscent of space bases from the late 80s and early 90s, but with updated parts and building technics. I still say the base is a sci-fi version of Poolside Paradise, but that doesn't detract from it's awesomeness. :tongue:

I'm glad to see that I was right about those being garage door panels placed so that it slides horizontally - a very neat feature. I appreciate the amount of details in the main dome area, as well as in the smaller room beneath where those two mini-ships dock.

I feel the amount of minifigs is very low for a set this size, however the baddies are great. This is a small complaint and is easily overlooked thanks to the fantastic base design and play features.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the "Sniffer Frog" sticker yet. FrogSpace shout-out, anyone?

Red visors are back!!! Wow!!!

Though i'm sure this will not hit the shelves in Russia, i think some parts would fit my storage!...

Thank you very much for the review, CopMike! Nice set, nice pictures!!!

Great review with nice clear pics throughout! Love those Alien/villian mini-figs(isn't Jawson's head awesome!) and the horizontal sliding door is a very cool feature as well as the control room with lot's of details I like and the truck looks good too!

With all the negative's everyone gave the Alien 'space bike' on the Max Security Transport set, looks like LEGO took that to heart apparently and upgraded that design here with this villian's space bike. I like the improvement :thumbup:

Great review, cheers for showing us this set ! I had a couple of space police sets when i was a kid. Will have to pick up a few of the new sets for old times sake!

I agree with you about the district 9 reference. Some of those stickers are very similar to the imagery used in that film.

Edited by squiz

Thanks for the review! I've made a small collection of the SP3 sets (mostly the small ones) and I thought, "there needs to be a base or station of course." And what do you know, come Toy Fair '10, they reveal this! Great set, with new big windscreens :wub: ! The only thing I don't get is why they changed the police to have full masks instead of the helmets. Is it a different rank? At first I thought it was just for the commander, but apparently not. Oh well, I'm excited to get it August. And I believe the MSRP price is $80.

CopMike, you rocks! :thumbup:

This review of yours has indeed tempted me to add this inside my wish list and I believe it has been a long while since we last see any decent Space HQ. In this case, this HQ is really very well designed in terms of it overall appeal. I really like the parking area.

Thanks for sharing this review with us. :sweet:

Wow great review Coppy! Craniacs head looks ridiculously cool! :cry_happy: Though the actual set doesn't seem overly impressive. :sceptic:

Ha! Nice Review Copmike! The image on the frontpage really drew me in, that was cool :grin:

The new space police officers are really good, with the new helmets and front back and rear printing, overall much better than the 1st versions. :oh:

Some of the sets cool features are the doors you mentioned as well as this is one of the few sets that has an actual baseplate :tongue:

The ships are meh, but what did you expect for the base set? One really nice ship would have been good, but not likely.

The bad aliens are weird and I did not like them, except for the trans blue axe blade :laugh:

I Rated this as an average set.