Yules

trouble to make a closed cockpit for my mech

Hi, I wanted to make a mech that has a cockpit with no visual open spaces, but I keep having those open spaces in the cockpit. Anyone who knows how to redesign to have a entirely closed cockpit

Also I want to keep those 2 chest pieces because they look cool

For your Information, there is a lxf file included for you to download

cockpit1_by_anguirus02-d9sttqn.jpg

Edited by Yules

I guess without providing your .lxf file there is probably only very small chance anyone could help or make any adjustments... :sceptic:

I guess without providing your .lxf file there is probably only very small chance anyone could help or make any adjustments... :sceptic:

There you go

How much space is there between the top part and the technic pin

I don't know, could you show me a picture

@Yules

Did you already look into the lxf I provided for you (underneath the image)? :look:

Thanks, but I was rather asking that if what I made about the cabin - filling all those gaps - was what you wanted...? :laugh:

Thanks, but I was rather asking that if what I made about the cabin - filling all those gaps - was what you wanted...? :laugh:

It was... EXACTLY what i wanted :grin: :grin:

...I want it.

Please - get this up on IDEAS now. This is freakin' awesome... :cry_happy::thumbup:

Ehm, in case it is aimed at me (as you've quoted my post): actually all I did was re-colored it so it looks like my own pseudo subtheme called Techtroners and make photo realistic render, nothing else :blush::sweet: - that design itself is completely Yules' :laugh::thumbup:

Ehm, in case it is aimed at me (as you've quoted my post): actually all I did was re-colored it so it looks like my own pseudo subtheme called Techtroners and make photo realistic render, nothing else :blush::sweet: - that design itself is completely Yules' :laugh::thumbup:

Well... he did contribute to some fixes like those said in the title which i am gratefulk for... so actually it's 5% bublible and 95% Yules

Also to bublible, could you make a photorealistic render of my version? It's probably the closest I will ever to a real life lego model of my MOC

It was aimed at both of you - Yules built the core model, you added the Techtroner color scheme that really makes it pop. A big :thumbup: to both of you. :sweet:

I took the liberty of loading it - piece by piece, this thing's big - into Blender and rendering it...:

24878259679_64be07cea7_z.jpgnotquitegrimdark by Lind Whisperer , on Flickr

25219666296_04d2b524a3_b.jpgcloudy by Lind Whisperer, on Flickr

25245948195_259a878a6a_z.jpggrimdark by Lind Whisperer, on Flickr

Also to bublible, could you make a photorealistic render of my version? It's probably the closest I will ever to a real life lego model of my MOC

I may try: just post your final model lxf file here when you finish it. :wink:

It was aimed at both of you - Yules built the core model, you added the Techtroner color scheme that really makes it pop. A big :thumbup: to both of you. :sweet:

Thank you then! :classic:

I may try: just post your final model lxf file here when you finish it. :wink:

Thank you then! :classic:

I took the liberty of loading it - piece by piece, this thing's big - into Blender and rendering it...:

24878259679_64be07cea7_z.jpgnotquitegrimdark by Lind Whisperer, on Flickr

25219666296_04d2b524a3_b.jpgcloudy by Lind Whisperer, on Flickr

25245948195_259a878a6a_z.jpggrimdark by Lind Whisperer, on Flickr

Wow, that even looks beter than I thought, like something of an anime... cudos to your efforts :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is it really finished? What about that big black thing (kind of weapon) next to your mech - is it OK, should I render it like that anyway?

Is it really finished? What about that big black thing (kind of weapon) next to your mech - is it OK, should I render it like that anyway?

You can leave it out, I just didn't know where to store it...

You can leave it out, I just didn't know where to store it...

OK, I will make that render for you today later at night + I will make it the way I am always doing my renders if you don't mind? That is I will place a text section in its lower left corner with date it was released for public view, name you gave it, author of the MOC, author of the render and year when I made that render, something like this (click image for FullHD version):

691518_1.jpg

Do you agree?

P.S.: btw how is it called, what name should I give it?

Edited by bublible

Dunno, I can't come up with a name that is cool enough. Most of my suggestions are Transformers names but those are trademarks of Hasbro!

Eeeuuhmm something that sounds a bit heroic like "Guardian"

Dunno, I can't come up with a name that is cool enough. Most of my suggestions are Transformers names but those are trademarks of Hasbro!

Eeeuuhmm something that sounds a bit heroic like "Guardian"

Nevermind, I will simply name it as Yules' MECH :laugh:

Click image for FullHD resolution...

20160226_mechbyyules_bublible.jpg

LXF: http://lego.queryen....es_bublible.lxf

P.S.: I have slightly rearranged for you that big black gun so now it can be attached to its hand easily + also changed a bit the way those rocket launchers on its back are connected so they can be rotated freely to any direction you want (enabling me arrange it the way it is better visible now)... :wink:

Edited by bublible

Click image for FullHD resolution...

20160226_mechbyyules_bublible.jpg

LXF: http://lego.queryen....es_bublible.lxf

P.S.: I have slightly rearranged for you that big black gun so now it can be attached to its hand easily + also changed a bit the way those rocket launchers on its back are connected so they can be rotated freely to any direction you want (enabling me arrange it the way it is better visible now)... :wink:

Wooow... just wooow... I will reply with something more coherent after my dinner but for now just.... wooooow

Wooow... just wooow... I will reply with something more coherent after my dinner but for now just.... wooooow

No problem :classic: