Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeStar

Any Lego Events around the West Midlands?

Hey guys, I was just wondering, seeing as I really want to "break" into the Lego Fan community, if there are any Events going on around The West Midlands, here in the UK? Or any in England, for that matter.

I've seen photo's read articles, seen movies, and it all looks like great fun! If there is one near me, I can't wait for all the cool displays put on, the talented builders, and talking to some guys about my WIP and stuff.

But I have no indication that there is one going on... :sceptic:

~A.S.

This I am wondering also, all I can ever find are american events and some on t'continent so not remotely realistic for me to attend.

Hey guys, I was just wondering, seeing as I really want to "break" into the Lego Fan community, if there are any Events going on around The West Midlands, here in the UK? Or any in England, for that matter.

I've seen photo's read articles, seen movies, and it all looks like great fun! If there is one near me, I can't wait for all the cool displays put on, the talented builders, and talking to some guys about my WIP and stuff.

But I have no indication that there is one going on... :sceptic:

~A.S.

This is the place you need to have a look.

Brickish Association

There are various displays put on throughout the year and there should be plenty of details on the public side of the site. Without a doubt the biggest is always at the STEAM museum in Swindon usually in October, the display's are amazing and last year Jan from LEGO was there to reveal Medieval Market to us, just before the start of the show :classic:

If you want to "break" into the "physical" UK community this is the association to join, we're all LEGO mad :tongue: .Even if you don't want to join the Association, you're always welcome to come along to public displays and have a chat.

This is the place you need to have a look.

Brickish Association

There are various displays put on throughout the year and there should be plenty of details on the public side of the site. Without a doubt the biggest is always at the STEAM museum in Swindon usually in October, the display's are amazing and last year Jan from LEGO was there to reveal Medieval Market to us, just before the start of the show :classic:

If you want to "break" into the "physical" UK community this is the association to join, we're all LEGO mad :tongue: .Even if you don't want to join the Association, you're always welcome to come along to public displays and have a chat.

Thanks, and cool! I'll join!

It sounds very good, thank you for the link!

The brickish also do an annual event at legoland windsor (or at least they have for the past few years)

Usually at the 'club weekend' I think.

They have some good stuff & I am not sure if they are brave or foolhardy - allowing the general public access to their prized possesions. (well more specifically having rare pieces under constant threat from small kids)

Jof

The brickish also do an annual event at legoland windsor (or at least they have for the past few years)

At the Club Event in 2003, there was a build-your-own-miniland-hockey-player-thing, and also a large Hogwarts MOC (there were more, but I can't remember them). There was also an NBA arena (glued together) to play with. Would that sound right for a Brickish event? Some of it may have been official Legoland stuff, but the Hogwarts MOC was definitely fan-built (I even met the builders :grin: )

Usually at the 'club weekend' I think.

They have some good stuff & I am not sure if they are brave or foolhardy - allowing the general public access to their prized possesions. (well more specifically having rare pieces under constant threat from small kids)

Jof

I joined Brickish about two years ago. It's a very active association. I haven't been at any of the days at Windsor, but I have twice displayed models at STEAM and the Petersfield LEGO show, attended a science-fiction weekend at the National Space Centre in Leicester and was at Brighton Modelworld this year. It's always a lot of fun and while something inevitably gets broken, I've never actually lost a single piece of any of my MOCs. I've been told that the Windsor event gets very busy and the public there sometimes don't seem to realise that the models displayed by Brickish are people's private property and unlike the other models at Windsor aren't glued! That's a bit scary.

Anyway, Brickish have a list of events on their website. If you can make it to only one, I reckon STEAM is the one to go to. It is massive, with about 60 members displaying their models and more than 10000 paying visitors.

Cheers,

Ralph

OCTOBER 2010!

WINDSOR LEGOLAND!!!

EB EVENT!!!

AUSSIES!!!

WATCH OUT!!!!

More information in the near future.

Disclaimer: I will be there even if no-one else turns up! Hehe!

More information in the near future.
Stop eating sugar Izzy!

What she means is we will arrange something in Windsor. Very late next year.

You will have plenty of time to get money, make a whole in your calender... stuff like that.

Izzy is just so exited about this right now. She will probably calm down... when she gets 70 or so...

Go here and find out more.

-Ras-

Stop eating sugar Izzy!

What she means is we will arrange something in Windsor. Very late next year.

You will have plenty of time to get money, make a whole in your calender... stuff like that.

Izzy is just so exited about this right now. She will probably calm down... when she gets 70 or so...

Go here and find out more.

-Ras-

Sorry Ras... sorry everyone.

I think it was because I had to go to the dentist yesterday. Toodles kept saying to me, "Are you all right? You are being very jittery." "Are you alright? Calm down." "You are being very excitable."

It makes me very nervous and I do anything and everything (about ten times over) to take my mind off it.

Sorry Ras... sorry everyone.
Ha ha ha!

No your are not forgiven.

´Cause it was a joke.

Otherwise I would forgive you.

That is right, totally forgot about that movie.

CM is ALWAYS in to an Event.

-Ras-

I know it was a joke Ras! :tongue:

But I was still acting like a 5 year old on too much red cordial.

Now you've grown a moustache *huh* Sugar really does do weird things...

3573086168_fdf22a51fe.jpg

On a realistic note (:blush:), I might be able to make it, but it's pretty unlikely, given the school situation e.t.c.