Sebeus I

Islanders Rocks

[pid][/pid]215D

Originally meant for an Islanders Diorama, I would have named it Crocodile Bay :pir-wink:

dsc07206.jpg

Sacred statue.

dsc07235.jpg

This would have made the entrance to the bay.

dsc07228.jpg

dsc07244.jpg

Islanders catamaran (notice how one of the islanders uses a crocodile upper jaw as a shield)

dsc07241.jpg

More pictures at my Brickshelf Gallery (once public).

May I ask why the project got terminated? I love each of these little MOCs, I'd love to see then unified in a diorama. :pir-sweet:

I like how you updated the Islanders, with the brickbuilt canoes and island for the head statue, while keeping the original charm. The rocks in the archway are crazy, how are they all connected?

May I ask why the project got terminated? I love each of these little MOCs, I'd love to see then unified in a diorama. :pir-sweet:

I like how you updated the Islanders, with the brickbuilt canoes and island for the head statue, while keeping the original charm. The rocks in the archway are crazy, how are they all connected?

I don't have enough lego to realize the diorama I had in mind :pir_bawling:

The rocks are connected via technic pins and Bionicle joints, those are very useful as they allow many angles and offer a relative steady connection :pir_laugh2:

dsc07248.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing a completed diorama when you acquire enough Lego. Each of these MOCs is quite neat. In particular, I like the use of Bionicle and technic pins for the rocks. Very clever.

Love the rocks, they are a really good feature. And the Crocodile Shield :dhappy:

I feel your pain at running out of bricks- I always find that my MOCs Dioramas end up being more multi coloured than i had intended :pir-sad:

I'm going to go ahead and blog the rock structure. That ball-joint technique is pretty sweet. :pir-sweet:

Nice work!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I'm going to go ahead and blog the rock structure. That ball-joint technique is pretty sweet. :pir-sweet:

Nice work!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks, Islanders doing their Islander thing :pir_laugh2:

I really like these MOC´s! I think they really catch the Islanders-feeling, and even bring them into the new millenium! I would love to see more, and eventually the complete diarama. Keep them coming... :kahuka:

Very good MOCs, which would unfold their full potential on a blue baseplate.

Nevertheless, I really love those. A reason to build an Islanders MOC myself, Far too few here...

I think the Islanders sub-theme is one of the most "classic" of them all. I believe this line came out in the hayday of pirates and was a great addition....ahh with every MOC with an Islanders theme I am transformed back to my youth and blissful summer days... Anyways, not sure about the rock formation? If this was natural or man-made...or shall I say Islander-made, haha...but none the less always fantastic to see these on here and well well done with this one!!

I think the Islanders sub-theme is one of the most "classic" of them all. I believe this line came out in the hayday of pirates and was a great addition....ahh with every MOC with an Islanders theme I am transformed back to my youth and blissful summer days... Anyways, not sure about the rock formation? If this was natural or man-made...or shall I say Islander-made, haha...but none the less always fantastic to see these on here and well well done with this one!!

Thanks, about the rock formation, I just like to put some fantasy inspired details in everything I make, in real life it is indeed unlikely that a rock structure like that would hold, although it's possible, perhaps in the same way underwater caves are formed :pir_laugh2: