• 7029 Skeleton ship attack
    • 7018 Viking Ship
    • 7016 Viking Boat
    • 6493 Flying Time Vessel
    • 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge
    • 6057 Sea Serpent
    • 4768 The Durmstrang Ship
    • 3829 Fire Nation Ship

You are to vote for either the best ship for its respective product line or the most useful for piratical proposes. Which one would you want to buy the most?

10021 U.S.S. Constellation

10021-1.jpg

8821 Rogue Knight Battleship

8821-1.jpg

7776 The Shipwreck

7776_12.jpg

7416 Emperor's Ship

7416-1.jpg

7029 Skeleton ship attack

7029-1.jpg

7018 Viking Ship

7018-1.jpg

7016 Viking Boat

7016-1.jpg

6493 Flying Time Vessel

6493.jpg

6210 Jabba's Sail Barge

6210-1.jpg

6057 Sea Serpent

6057-1.jpg

4768 The Durmstrang Ship

4768-1.jpg

3829 Fire Nation Ship

3829-1.jpg

Sea Serpent all the way! I mean, you get 5 figures plus a quaint little ship! *y*

Very nice topic oo7 !!

My vote goes to the Durmstrang Ship because it's hull is so very useful for a small pirate/imperial ship.

I plan to buy one in the future when I can do a good deal.

Edited by bonaparte

I voted for the 10021 U.S.S. Constellation because, even if it may not look like it, has many valuable parts. I often find myself running short of black and white plates and bricks (just white bricks). Plus, you get some string for your riggings. And you get some nice yellow pieces and red ones as well.

I have to go with 6057 Sea Serpent. *wub*

It is the one set listed and one of the few sets of all that I believe is near perfect and has no need to be modified in any way.

I do love the other ships as well aside from the Constellation(is too blocky for my taste) and the fire nation ship (because it represents a steel hulled ship, although it would make a nice parts pack)

I wonder who the four are that didn't post.....

Very nice topic oo7 !!

My vote goes to the Durmstrang Ship because it's hull is so very useful for a small pirate/imperial ship.

I plan to buy one in the future when I can do a good deal.

Thank you, Bonaparte! :-$

That makes me wonder why you haven't properly critiqued this *cough*MOC*cough* X-D

Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, know what I mean!

Very interesting.... I

7018 Viking Ship.

While I modified mine to have four extra rowers (the big catapult had to go!) I stilll think that even un-modified it is great. It is one of my favourite boxes in recent time (I would love a poster of the serpent lying in wait on the back), and the serpent (aside from the red-horns that don't stay in) is a great addition. Even so, I tend to see it as a pirate ship anyway, just from a different time. Afterall, all the space sets are seen as space even though they vary in the details.

I voted Sea Serpent.Since I like castle mainly.I think I have the stuff to build it.Including the sail.I could also make the time cruisers ship too.(Maybe)

I vote for the Shipwreck, take the helmet off the skelton and it is VERY very very piratey. :) arrr!!!

what set is it actually from? i like it alot.

Can you guess which one i picked? I'll give you a hint its the one with the kid and the crazy guy with the pocket watch. wow i'm predictable arent I?

I noticed you had to use the word 'near' directly before the word 'perfect'. :-P What would constitute this near impeccability, Mr. Ghoulrealm?

It's just that I prefer brown hulls. The colors used are good but a brown hull would be perfect, for me anyway.

The Shipwreck. *sweet*

wow i'm predictable arent I?

Nah, you're just BEING WATCHED!!!!!!!

It's just that I prefer brown hulls. The colors used are good but a brown hull would be perfect, for me anyway.

I see, thank you Mr. Ghoulrealm. You know, one could always obtain those large bow slopes pieces from the sail barge and make a bigger, better Sea Serpent with a brown hull!! :-D

Yeah. 8-|

Yes this is quite an interesting topic indeed, I shall have to get into it more when I have some time.

The Flying Time Vessel is an interesting set because its the only one which includes a complete old style hull that was never used in any of the Pirate sets. It makes a nice alternative.

I had to choose between the Sea Serpent and the Emperor's ship....

It became... The Emperor's ship: great little ship with lots of hullpieces, a nice big cargohold with some barrels and diamonds inside, nice Chinese people and a great sail. All of this from the best theme of the post-pirates era: Adventurers.

I do not own the Sea Serpent but it's high on my list despite the fact that I am not much of a castle lover.

*sweet*

Thank you, Bonaparte! :-$

That makes me wonder why you haven't properly critiqued this *cough*MOC*cough* X-D

Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, know what I mean!

I did see your thread and looked at the pictures.

But for some reason didn't comment (yet).

That makes me wonder why you haven't properly critiqued this *cough*MOC*cough* X-D Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, know what I mean!

I'm guessing its because there's a lot of "non Pirate" visual distractions which would throw a lot of people.

I was waiting for you to take some pictures of just the nautical MOC before I provided more comprehensive feedback.

I think I would have to decide between 6057 Sea Serpent and the 7018 Viking Ship. First one because it is brick built with lots of useful bricks and 5 minifigs, the last one because of the old style hulls in reddish brown and its load of useful pieces. I own all of them except the Aquaraiders Shipwreck, Skeleton Ship Attack (I guess no one owns this set since the official release date has been announced for September), Fire Nation Ship and the U.S.S. Constellation (I had it until a few weeks ago but sold it to a friend of mine who fancied it more than I did X-D).

Edited by jamtf

I vote for the Shipwreck, take the helmet off the skelton and it is VERY very very piratey. :) arrr!!!

Isn't that skeleton wearing one of those rare chrome plated crowns? I think I'd keep that because its TREASURE!!!! And the only pirate set that includes one is Pirates Perilious Pitfall...

I'm a viking kind of guy, so it's only fit that the flagship of that theme gets a vote from me.

Isn't that skeleton wearing one of those rare chrome plated crowns? I think I'd keep that because its TREASURE!!!! And the only pirate set that includes one is Pirates Perilious Pitfall...

I seem to remember a discussion mentioning that there are two molds of the crown piece. One with a hole for a plume (the newer one) and one without. Am I imagining things?

I seem to remember a discussion mentioning that there are two molds of the crown piece. One with a hole for a plume (the newer one) and one without. Am I imagining things?

I'm not sure about the discussion, but I can tell you there is only one minifigure crown mold.

And I wouldn't call it rare.

However, I have a couple crowns and some appear to be more golden tinted that others which appear more silver tinted.....

It was a decision between the Sea Serpent and the Emperors ship... cause I really dislike the one-piece-boats a lot... and is the ship from the avatar really a sailing ship? :-P

Emm - so.. vote for the Sea Serpent cause I always wanted to have it, so many figures and the ship is so sweet, tiny and nice! The Emperors ship is a bit too empty and the figs are boring.. a bit.. but I agree that the sail is GREAT and the look is cool...

X-D

I believe it's aqua raiders.